Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

on 6/4/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I've bought 2 bottles of it and I've just finished the first one (2.5 months, used 1/day). Initially I thought it was working very well as I got fewer breakouts but I'm no longer sure, perhaps my skin got used to it or something else is messing me up. But I will keep on using it and may change my review once I'm done with the 2nd bottle. I've tried using it 2/day but I found that it wasn't working well under sunscreen and make-up. The packaging is a simple dropper - I think a pump would be more suitable as it's rather runny. Still, for the amazing price it's definitely something worth trying, it seems to be working well for some!
P.S. Before I found The Ordinary range, I considered trying Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster which seems to be the same stuff but at (literally) 10 times the price! Thanks Deciem for looking after those who have smaller budgets :)

I have an oily, red & stubborn skin. Not much products works well on me. But this product works so well on my skin. It reduces the redness & smoothen out my skin texture. I fell so hard for this product & will definitely re purchase!

on 5/23/2018 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily face all over the face, especially on my nose and jaw. I also have acne-prone skin, I always have pimple on my jawline and lately, on hairline. I came across The Ordinary for the first time when I was browsing skincare online shop in my country. At that time I actually wanted to buy La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (+) SPF, but because of the budget and curiosity, I bought this Niacinamide 10%+Zinc 1% first. I heard many amazing reviews how this product, especially when combined with either Salicylic Acid 2% nor Alpha Arbutin +HA, did wonder to acne and oily skin.
The Ordinary and its parent company, Deciem, are rather unheard brands here.
At first I was lost because unlike regular brands, The Ordinary doesn't really mention its product function on its name. They just stated the active ingredients and I have to dive each product page to get the information. According to some reviews, it's actually one of their characteristics and fortes, they doesn't sell many promises but just state how those ingredients are supposed to help my skin. Lately I tried some of Korean skincare but I just don't get the hype, especially the promise of "one product for all your skin problem" so this The Ordinary trait hooked me up.
Back to Niacinamide, I use it twice, on night I apply it after cleansing my face and before The Body Shop Tea Tree Night Mask. I've used it this way for about three weeks and I don't have any problem yet. I also apply it on morning before moisturizer because I hope it would help reducing oil. Well, honestly it really does a great job at reducing oil because about six hours later, if I touched my face (unintentionally), it doesn't feel slick and disgustingly oily. Just slightly oily. Well, my nose is still oily but I'm pretty satisfied. The problem is, this product cause balling. I didn't notice it when I applied moisturizer (I used Revlon Soothing Lotion + a drop of The Body Shop Tea Tree oil to help my acne before, now I use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo), but when I applied primer (I used Revlon Perfecting Primer 001), there are some balling. It made my foundation streaky! Fortunately, after I change into dabbing instead of rubbing, the balling has lessened. Well, now I use Effaclar Duo as daily moisturizer, it seems a bit too drying when I combined it with Niacinamide so I might use it on night time only.
I haven't notice any change on my skin, but I never use any serum before and my acne scars are kind of old scars so I think they really need time to heal. But I'm glad it doesn't irritate my skin, or causing breakouts. Some people argued that this Niacinamide helps with preventing or treating acne, but since the official website itself doesn't recommend it for acne treatment, I don't complain. Although I must admit, it looks like I have less pimple now.
I will definitely repurchase and in fact, I have recommended it to my friend already!

on 5/15/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin loves niacinamide. It gives me a glow and definitely helps my hormonal zits to go away quickly each month without leaving any redness behind. I was afraid I might find the 10% concentration to be too drying, but it's been fine. I'm not sure why the zinc is in here given that it has no proven skin benefits and seems to do nothing but precipitate into a white cast and interfere with makeup application, but whatever, it's $6, I'll deal. As long as TO makes this stuff (which may not be that long given the CEO's mental health situation :/) I'll buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had given up on The Ordinary. Most of the products I had tried ranged from ok but not great to absolutely awful, and then CEO went nuts on Instagram. Then I began using a moisturizer with a small amount of niacinamide and saw good results, so I began to wonder if I would see even better results with a higher concentration.

I add three or four drops of this to my morning moisturizer (cerave baby moisturizer, also highly recommend). I have noticed my pores are smaller, my face stays matte throughout the day longer, and red spots from pimples take far less time to fade than before. I really like this stuff and will reorder when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

Update: Lately I've been using this in combination with The Ordinary's glycolic acid toner at night and it actually helps soothe and reduce my monthly acne flare ups. I highly recommend this gem :)

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I'm already on my second bottle of this. I have struggled with acne for years. I have used everything you can think of (minus products with BP as I am allergic). I'm 36 and my skin is oily, but dehydrated and clog prone as well as acne prone. I have FINALLY found a routine that seems to be working (*knock on wood*). After make-up removal and cleansing with Clinique TTDO balm and Clean and Clear cleanser I tone with the Tarte Knockout tingling treatment. Once it has time to sit on my skin and dry I then apply 3 drops of this product (one on each cheek and one larger one on my forehead). After I rub this in I top it with the Cerave facial moisturizer for PM (also containing Niacinamide) mixed with a couple drops of The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil. I have cultivated my routine thanks to Stefanie Nicole on Youtube and her super informative skin care videos. I highly suggest no matter what type of skin you have you check her out!

on 5/3/2018 12:27:00 PM

i wanted this to work for me soooo much. in theory it should be perfect for dealing with almost all my skin issues, but it broke me out in deep painful cysts withing three days. they disappeared fairly quickly after i stopped using it thankfully, but still. what a bummer.
Aaand so niacinamide was officially added to the long list of holy grail ingredients my face can't handle, right next to aloe vera and madecassoside.
having sensitive skin suuuucks.

I got this little gem with a couple of other "The Ordinary" products a several months ago, because they were cheap and I had heard good things about them.
I have combo oily skin that is prone to hormonal acne and generally looking a bit worse for wear (I'm an RN that works long shifts in a busy paediatric ward, so shift work, air conditioning and exposure to bacteria, viruses and chemicals are all pretty much standard on any given day.)
I wanted to try this purely to see whether it would help with my hormonal acne where other products hadn't and it seemed like a pretty decent 'all round' product.
Initially I hated it. I found it sticky and almost always would pill/ball underneath my fingers when I would put other products like moisturiser or facial oils over it, to the point where I would wash the whole lot off and omit it entirely. Only about 2 months ago did I accidentally stumble on a way to apply it that didn't have me wasting a bunch of products down the sink.
The secret is simply..... TIME.
If you wait 10-15 mins after applying the Niacinamide + Zinc serum before applying anything else you will have 100% less chunky balled bits on your face AND you won't be sticky either. If you're in a hurry in the mornings, I would recommend this as part of your night routine instead because it works way better if you give it a little time and space to sink in and do it's business.
I think it has helped with my time-of-the-month acne, I've not had any breakouts for the past 2 months- not even the odd standalone pimple, my pores look smaller and I am generally less oily over my forehead, nose and chin (The greasy trifecta) and have to blot a lot less throughout the day.

TL:DR -

Yay's!!!
-Less Oily!
-No breakouts/rogue pimples!
-Works well with other serums!
-Possibly smaller/ less noticeable pores!

Nay's:
-Must be left to sink in for at least 10 mins - not part of a fast morning routine.
- Can feel a bit sticky