Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

2.8

This is hands-down one of the best treatment I've used so far in my battle with acne. I've been using this every morning after cleaning my face and applying with Salicylic Acid 2% for 2-3 weeks and my skin has never looked better in years!

I was getting depressed about my hormonal and cystic acne because I've tried everything (including Retinol) that my dermatologist recommended and nothing worked better than this combo.

I've even went through PMS and menstruation with my skin looking almost flawless! I've went outside in full daylight without wearing make-up. Also, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is the ONLY treatment I've tried so far that actually has an effect on reducing sebum.

I have a huge problem with that and nothing worked so far in reducing my sebum production on my forehead, which usually looks like you could fry chicken on it, until now. After 2-3 weeks of using this regiment I can honestly say my skin is back to normal and I'm completely in awe as I never expected The Ordinary products to be this good. I'm completely hooked.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My skin is not sensitive and no product I have ever used has broken me out before, but within a few days I broke out heavily all across my face with painful pimples. I have oily combination skin and thought it might have been purging but after reading other reviews I realised that it was causing these pimples out of nowhere. I stopped using it after 2 weeks and my skin returned to its normal state. While I love the packaging and price, this product was so terrible for my skin.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not have sensitive skin and couldn't believe the reaction I had to this (I should've read the reviews!) This gave me tiny, itchy oily bumps all over my forehead and chinline. It made me itch so bad I nearly bled from itching the rash. The little bumps were tiny white zits under the surface that couldn't be popped. I stopped using it for a month and then applied it only on the left side of my neck just to make sure it was this product, and It gave me itchy zits in my NECK! This does contain chlorphenesin which is a synthetic preservative actually banned in countries like Japan :/

on 6/27/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh, I wanted to love this product so badly but I just couldn't. I purchased this hoping it would reduce the appearance of my spots and perhaps even clear up my acne a bit. However, sadly, it did the exact opposite! Within 3 days of using this product, I had broken out horribly with closed comedones all over my face. It took literally weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I'm thinking the zinc must have caused it, because I have used niacinamide before with no issues. The value is great and the product is very pleasant to apply, but it's just not for me.

on 6/25/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point which the Ordinary is known for. Not only are the ingredients potent but you can easily customize your own skincare if you are willing to do some research. I was excited to this product because I want to incorporate niacinamide into my routine. However, after using this for almost two months, I've come to the conclusion that this formulation simply does NOT work for my skin.

I have combo, acne prone skin which is easily prone to clogged pores. This serum leaves a sticky film residue which takes 15-20min for this serum to dry. No matter I much I try to dilute the product with other serums or use it to spot treat or layer it underneath I keep breaking out. I know I am not sensitive to niacinamide since I've used products containing it before so unfortunately this formulation does not work for me.

this serum has reduced the look and size of my pores, reduced redness and fine lines. 10/10 would recommend!

on 4/16/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! My skin texture is a lot smoother because of this, and I have not experienced as many pimples as before. It absorbs easily and blends in my routine very well. Another great product from The Ordinary!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My sister and I decided to try this because of the price point and hype surrounding the brand. I have used previous products from Deciem in general and haven't been too amazed but thought it was worth trying for the price.

We've solely used this product for about two-three weeks, twice a day, and haven't been too pleased. At first, it made both of our skin tones appear more even and clear. However, we started to notice a large amount of breakouts (growing continually) which can only be attributed to this product. It's a bit strange as this product is specifically marketed towards 'blemished skin' but creates pimples, as others have also mentioned.

I wouldn't recommend this if you are acne prone. Both my sister and I, had relatively clear skin prior to using this and are now left with breakouts.

on 4/4/2017 4:38:00 PM

It didn't break me out as with other people, but it increased my redness and didn't really do anything positive.

on 3/24/2017 10:21:00 PM

Used it every night and usually day until the bottle was gone and saw no changes in my skin.
Paula's choice niacimide didn't do anything for me either. I think my skin doesn't respond to this ingredient.