Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.2

on 12/11/2017 3:29:00 PM

This is amazing stuff and for $6 I am impressed. I suffer from adult acne. I bought this at the Abnormal Beauty Company and haven’t looked back since. My skin cleared in two days using this serum with a Retinoid. All that’s left are some scars, which I will report back on.

My regime with 15min between each step:
AM: Vitamin C with hyaluronic acid, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.
PM: Niacinamide 10%, Granactive Retinoid 2%, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.

on 12/10/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am on my second bottle of this. I do not get breakouts anymore (upside of aging) but I still have large pores and they certainly got smaller after I added this to my routine. You do need to apply it carefully if you layer it over other products and not use too much and pat it on instead of rubbing it but that is a very small inconvenience given the results.

on 12/10/2017 2:32:00 AM

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I can’t complain.. it made my skin less oily and almost zero breakout .. AMAZING RESULTS
A little drop goes a long way
I highly recommend for oily and acne prone skin
I have ordered already since it’s always out of stock :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited for this product because I value products that are natural and effective, not too many chemicals. Well, let me tell you...this did not work how I expected. I used this for some time, trying clear up and brighten my face, I don't have heavy acne or anything just an occasional breakout here and there. But I literally got the worst reaction from this, my skin was painful, dry (i do moisturise everyday so that wasnt it), red, sore, there were little red bumps that looked like chemical burns on my hose and cheeks (i never ever break out on my nose or cheeks), it was not nice. I had to stop this immediately and it took a few days for my skin to get back to its normal state after stopping this and the second I stopped with this product my skin came back to its natural/good state.

Maybe it works for some but if you have dry, sensitive skin, I would be cautious when using this. Test it out first on a small area for a week.

on 11/30/2017 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I'm a dry skinned girl, not at all acne prone so I have added this into my skincare routine just to increase all round skin health. I find that it does help my pores being refined and leave my skin feeling overall hydrated, soft and healthy. I have repurchased serveral times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this. It is a thin serum that disappears on the face as soon as it's applied. You have to use a moisturizer afterwards. I picked it up because I have oily, acne-prone skin, and thought that would help. But I don't like how tight my face feels after I put it on. I really thought this could help but it doesn't prevent breakouts, quite the opposite. I used W3LL People Bio Skin Tint afterwards, because it's pretty rich and contains oil, and I thought that would counterbalance this. However, it broke me out in cystic pimples mid-day, and I could feel it under my makeup. It was pretty awful, all patchy and an oily mess. I'm thinking that my skin might dislike zinc, actually. Both these products contain zinc, and La Roche-Posay Serozinc does the opposite of what it's supposed to as well. So I understand that this might work for people who react well to zinc. I can't recommend it, but given the simple formulation, I still think that this is a decent product if you're looking to test these ingredients. For the price point, I'm not sorry that I did.

on 11/4/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've had great luck with this product. Recently I'd been experiencing breakouts and noticed some large pores; I've loved everything I've tried from The Ordinary so I decided to try this treatment. Not only have my breakouts almost completely cleared up in the one week I've been using this, but the overall texture of my skin has improved so, so much. My skin looks smoother and clearer and is BABY SOFT. And I've literally only used one single drop of it per day. I mix one drop into my moisturizer, apply and let sink in for 30 minutes before doing my makeup. I haven't noticed a change in the size of my pores but I know how difficult it is to shrink pores and I'm so happy with the performance of this product otherwise that I don't even mind. It helps that the bottle will last me ages and cost $5.90. I'm so happy I tried it!

I like this product. It did not cause me any break out. It helps with oil control, the product is really spreadable. But the con for me is that it dries to a more sticky silicony finish even tho theres no silicone in it.. hmm...

on 10/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not use it long enough to see if it delivers long term benefits for my skin. It broke me out after trying it on the first time.
A waste of money. Well- at least not a lot of money.

on 10/25/2017 11:30:00 AM

I'm a little surprised at all the tepid reviews on MakeupAlley because this particular product is frequently sold out online/in stores and is talked about quite a bit. I've been using it for several months now and seeing as it's been used in combination with a bunch of other products (also from the Ordinary) it's hard to single this one out as doing particularly anything, but I'm convinced it has contributed to reducing the overall oil levels of my skin and making my skin look smoother and more even-toned - this combined with the Alpha Arbutin 2% and the Rosehip Seed Oil means that my PIH spots go away relatively quickly (don't forget sunscreen though!) and overall my skin just seems much happier with this in my routine. Also it's not very easy to find niacinamide at this kind of concentration level so that's a bonus. I will say though that the bottle is pretty small - at 30ml you go through this pretty quickly if you're applying 2 drops everyday as I do in the mornings, though the overall affordability of the Ordinary's products still makes this a worthy purchase and a must-try if you're struggling with PIH or dull and uneven skintone.