Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

The Ordinary's Niacinamide and Zinc Serum is an affordable gel-like liquid that contains a proven blemish fighter in the ingredient niacinamide and an unproven zinc. The research is definitely limited in terms of zinc's benefits to skin and blemish fighting powers. I love that this is fragrance free and affordable. I've been using this morning and night but for anyone that hasn't used niacinamide before definitely start out slow because it can cause a little bit of a sting until your skin gets used to it. I did notice a bit of a purging period after I began using it but after that I think this really helped my skin prevent breakouts. This does dry pretty tacky so you might want to follow with another serum or moisturizer. My more detailed review is here:

that's my second bottle of this. I've been using it for almost 1.5 years. I usually put it in the evenings on the areas that have spots or all over the face, the next day the redness disappears and the spots heal so much faster.
absorbs quickly, no smell, I put a serum (or other treatments like retinoid, lactic acid or other), a moisturizer and some oil sometimes over this. amazing stuff that really works for me and a great price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. It's a great basic serum for refining pores and pigmentation. Don't expect overnight results like some exfoliants and vitamin C formulas provide. It requires 3-6 weeks to see improvement, but I feel like it's a very worthwhile addition to my daytime routine.

on 12/30/2017 12:01:00 PM

I don’t know why this is not rated higher honestly. You have to be consistent with it. I am oily and acne prone with hormonal acne. This serum has done wonders in making my skin just overall look younger and brighter. I don’t know if it has helped my acne but I think it does help oil control. It’s really light, feels great on the skin. Just make sure you let it sink in before moving onto the next step. I use this immediately after cleansing, let it sink in and then I apply any medications or moisturizer. I really love this product and the company!

I'm onto my second bottle of this serum now. I love it, it heals my acne and makes it look less severe, even the angry, painful cystic zits spend less time on my face, adds a bit of extra hydration to my face and it's fragrance free!

My only issue with it is that I wish it had a pump style bottle, while the dropper is nice, sometimes I get too much product or I fear spilling it on my bathroom counter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I began using this to treat some spots that I had in my face. I'm 53, no wrinkles at all, normal skin. At the time I began using it (past January) I also had some rosacea areas, that I had treated with an antibiotic cream with some success (some rosacea remained after the prescribed treatment). Well, this stuff made my sun spots less noticeable, but I keep buying and buying it (I'm in my third bottle) because it made the rosacea disappear completely.
Just a few drops work, don't use too much or it will ball. It's a great product for a more than fair price. Highly recommended.

on 12/11/2017 3:29:00 PM

This is amazing stuff and for $6 I am impressed. I suffer from adult acne. I bought this at the Abnormal Beauty Company and haven’t looked back since. My skin cleared in two days using this serum with a Retinoid. All that’s left are some scars, which I will report back on.

My regime with 15min between each step:
AM: Vitamin C with hyaluronic acid, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.
PM: Niacinamide 10%, Granactive Retinoid 2%, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.

on 12/10/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am on my second bottle of this. I do not get breakouts anymore (upside of aging) but I still have large pores and they certainly got smaller after I added this to my routine. You do need to apply it carefully if you layer it over other products and not use too much and pat it on instead of rubbing it but that is a very small inconvenience given the results.