Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.6

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 11/15/2018 2:32:00 PM

I'm writing this as a first impression review, I'll probably come back in a few days for more updates (if I don't forget). The price, very cheap and convenient, nothing new. It has an odorless, gel-like consistency that feels like a weird mucus on my skin but surprisingly, it sinks in quite fast and with a moisturizer on top, it feels nice. Now, for the part that shocked me. The redness people.....the redness subsided in less that 2 hours after using it for the FIRST TIME. The difference is shockingly obvious. I'm not talking about rosacea, I'm talking about angry, painful, itchy pimples and hyperpigmentation left from their cousins

Niacinamide is best for the skin at around 4% or 5% concentration, not 10%.

This is way too strong, which is probably why people are reporting adverse effects.

How I use it, is I dilute it: I take two drops of this stuff, and mix it with three drops of a serum. (Don't use a serum with lots of actives - I just add it to a hyaluronic serum.) Then apply to the face. I haven't had any kind of bad skin reaction when I dilute it.

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I could see a difference almost immediately. I do not have sensitive skin so I haven't noticed any irritation, although there's a slight stinging/cooling sensation when you first apply, but nothing painful at all. I had some initial purge and now my skin is clearer and more balanced oil wise than it's been in years, acne scars are fading and my skin tone seems overall more even. All of those effects are great but the biggest difference for me is in makeup longevity -- I have a very oily T-Zone which can usually break down the best foundations by the afternoon but using this in the morning my foundation lasts all day! I'm even able to use a dewy setting spray for a more natural look for the first time ever. Price is amazing will definitely repurchase.

Je souffre d'acné kystique, de points noirs et de taches blanches. Je viens juste de commencer à l'utiliser avec quelques-uns de leurs produits. Je peux officiellement dire que ce produit est le meilleur traitement spot / points noirs / pores que j'ai jamais utilisé. même après seulement quelques jours d'utilisation :).
L'étiquette de prix de ce produit m'a rendu très sceptique des critiques que j'ai lues car il était si bon marché pour ce qu'il prétend. Mais peut officiellement dire qu’il fait ce qu’il est indiqué sur la bouteille… les taches sont apparues plus souvent sur mon menton, mais si l’on lit ce produit, il est dit qu’elles peuvent s’aggraver avant d’éclaircir les choses. Une fois les spots supprimés, ils disparaissent en une journée au lieu de durer plus d'une semaine.
Je recommanderais ce produit à quiconque souffre de boutons ou de points noirs. Cela a même amélioré mes pores.

on 10/5/2018 2:14:00 AM

I’m not entirely sure what this does for me. It hasn’t faded any scars but my skin appears more even and less red. But that might be the result of my other products. I do feel like my pores get congested faster when I use this on consecutive nights.

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA

on 9/5/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

This one was middle-of-the-road for me. I think it did calm my skin somewhat and I noticed that I've stopped having acne. However, that could also be due to the retinol. Since I have so many skincare products, more than I can possibly use up, I think I would prefer having niacinamide as part of a different product, instead of having to use one separately (thus increasing the length of my skincare regime.)

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

For like 3 days I really liked it.., maybe I put too much on.... But like so many other ppl it broke me out. I did see my pores get a bit smaller in that time. But not worth the ten new pimples I have to deal with... I havent has a break out this bad in a long time. Actually so mad I tried this.

on 8/24/2018 4:59:00 PM

I have pretty bad acne on my forehead. The rest of my skin is generally perfect but my forehead is covered in black and white heads with large, painful, red, cystic acne. I bought a selection from the ordinary and it's really worked for me and I think mainly because of this. I only use it on my forehead in the mornings and sometimes evenings and at first I had a huge breakout but was too desperate to write it off and it actually paid off because while I do still get black heads and large pores, the painful acne and huge white heads are gone so for me, that's a win.

The other things I bought: