Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 12/15/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Was so excited to use this, hoping that it would work out for me. Glad I bought it and tried it, but I'm going to have to give this one a pass. This and the salicylic acid really made my skin upset at me. I stopped using the SA and kept using this for a while, only to see that my skin was still breaking out in weird places, didn't look any better, and seemed dry and irritated. Switched moisturizers, hoping to see some improvement, but the next day after using this I got more weird little pimples. Now that I've stopped using this my skin seems much happier. I'm hoping to try this again in a couple of months to make sure that this was the culprit, but as of now I'm pretty sure. Also, this did make my skin flush, which I didn't expect, and even though I used this for a couple of weeks it didn't go away. Too bad!

on 11/20/2018 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sadly, I seem to be one of the people who break out from this. Had a weird reaction the one time I tried it, I got a face full of small whiteheads that didn't really look like my regular acne pattern, along with some redness, irritation and dryness. I have had that kind of reaction a few times before, generally stress-related, and concluded that something in the base of this just does not agree with my skin at all.

I have used products with niacinamide regularly before and really enjoyed them, as well as zinc, so I don't think either of the two active ingredients are the culprit here, to be clear - I think it's something else in the serum base.

Clearly, this is a product that does work very well for some people, so I would just recommend patch testing before going full ham on your entire face. I gave my bottle to a friend who loves it and recommended it, she has gone through several bottles and seen really good results on her clogged pores and texture since she started using it, so it's not a bad product at all. It just doesn't work well for every skin, and which product does?

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!

on 11/15/2018 2:32:00 PM

I'm writing this as a first impression review, I'll probably come back in a few days for more updates (if I don't forget). The price, very cheap and convenient, nothing new. It has an odorless, gel-like consistency that feels like a weird mucus on my skin but surprisingly, it sinks in quite fast and with a moisturizer on top, it feels nice. Now, for the part that shocked me. The redness people.....the redness subsided in less that 2 hours after using it for the FIRST TIME. The difference is shockingly obvious. I'm not talking about rosacea, I'm talking about angry, painful, itchy pimples and hyperpigmentation left from their cousins

on 11/3/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, though I love that The Ordinary created a simple niacinimide serum and the price is reasonable, it broke me out and I could not use this on my face. I patch tested this on the far right side of my face where my skin is always clear and never breaks out, and after a few days of putting this there, I broke out in several pimples just in and around that area and nowhere else. I have niacinimide in my daily sunscreen (and that niacinimide does its job of brightening and evening my skin tone!) so my skin isn’t new to niacinimide. I also deducted a star because I was using it on bug bite hyperpigmentation and it didn’t seem to do much, though I was only using it 2-4 times a week probably.

3 stars because it’s still niacinimide in cheap form, and, assuming it has at least some effectiveness, I’m using it on my scalp to help to promote hair growth. It may also work better as a face serum for non acne prone facial skin when used regularly.

Niacinamide is best for the skin at around 4% or 5% concentration, not 10%.

This is way too strong, which is probably why people are reporting adverse effects.

How I use it, is I dilute it: I take two drops of this stuff, and mix it with three drops of a serum. (Don't use a serum with lots of actives - I just add it to a hyaluronic serum.) Then apply to the face. I haven't had any kind of bad skin reaction when I dilute it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

V good packaging, price, I personally had no problems with CS directly dealing with DECIEM, but this serum really didn't do anything to me. I use this after a watery lotion and it's as if I applied more watery lotion. The redness in my cheeks was not calmed down and all the sensitive areas stay unaffected. Pretty useless in my case.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well, use it to control my acne and so far I had my monthly acne. I am afraid to say nothing controls my acne. This is cheap and it might help for someone else, not me.

on 10/23/2018 5:28:00 AM

Recently I`ve been trying to introduce actives and simplify my skincare regimen, not only to benefit my skin, but also because I have found that expensive products rarely perform much better than something from the drugstore. I was ecstatic that Beautybay started carrying The Ordinary, because we cannot get this in Japan. I was a bit hesitant about the Niacinamde because I have heard some people have had adverse reactions. So I started introducing it in small quantities, twice a week, then built up the frequency. My skin has been finicky the past few months, but it has loved this. I haven`t experienced any tingling, irritation, or breakouts. I apply it directly to dry skin and my skin just drinks it up. Like a sponge, I kid you not! My skin looks more hydrated and plump with this, and it meshes really well with my other products. I use this in my evening routine, after pre-treatment with Biologique Recherche P50W followed by a first treatment essence (SK-II, Amore Pacific Vintage Lotion or Missha), then when my skin has soaked those up and is relatively dry, I bring on the Niacinamide. I wait a minute or so, then use an emulsion if my skin is drier than usual, or straight to moisturizer.(Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifyante). This routine has been working really well for me as the colder weather has kicked in. Please continue to stock this, Beautybay!!!

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I could see a difference almost immediately. I do not have sensitive skin so I haven't noticed any irritation, although there's a slight stinging/cooling sensation when you first apply, but nothing painful at all. I had some initial purge and now my skin is clearer and more balanced oil wise than it's been in years, acne scars are fading and my skin tone seems overall more even. All of those effects are great but the biggest difference for me is in makeup longevity -- I have a very oily T-Zone which can usually break down the best foundations by the afternoon but using this in the morning my foundation lasts all day! I'm even able to use a dewy setting spray for a more natural look for the first time ever. Price is amazing will definitely repurchase.