Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

4.5

on 3/3/2018 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is SO good for my skin. It;s basically vitamin B in a bottle. LOVE it...and the price is amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, so so so much.
I have oily, dehydrated and acne prone skin which goes in phases of being super resistant to anything to super sensitive to anything. I try to keep a consistent routine including vitamin C, Salicylic acid, Retinol and Lactic acid and this serum actually fits perfectly into the routine, providing some healing, calming and zit clearing qualities to it.

The serum is runny, sticky but not thick. I layer it over Bioderma Hydrating Toner and under TO Matrixyl and it doesn't ball up on me, unlike other users' experience. You only need a couple of drops to cover face and neck, so that might be the trick.

The bottle is ok, not the most efficient means of dispensing but not bad either and the dropper itself hasn't clogged up or anything.

I noticed that when I use this consistently, my skin is less oily overall, my active spots are calmed and the scabs from previous spots are drier and heal faster. I don't know if it really does anything for my pigmentation as it is melasma- like (haven't had it diagnosed, but my guess is that it is) but I wasn't expecting much in that respect anyway.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who as active acne and oily skin in general. It just works.
Always spot test and give it some time before giving up, skin has a 28 day renewal cycle.

on 2/27/2018 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using retin-a as tretinoin prescription medication for 5 months now. I've gone through that horrible initial breakout. That may be why the reviews for this product are not as great as I would have expected-- people who havent used vitamins a,b, and c will have breakouts for a few weeks from this.

This stuff is seriously amazing. I've had family members notice the improvement in my skin since using this. My zits (and cysts) last a third of the time when i apply this and the oil control is seriously INSANE. I stain my pillows yellow with sebum (tmi) but with this it has reduced to the point i blot only once a day.

Using vitamins A, B, and C will cause irritation and breakouts at first, but if you stick with it, it will be worth it. And if you really can't bear it, the price is right. It's a no risk product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. It's a great basic serum for refining pores and pigmentation. Don't expect overnight results like some exfoliants and vitamin C formulas provide. It requires 3-6 weeks to see improvement, but I feel like it's a very worthwhile addition to my daytime routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this. It is a thin serum that disappears on the face as soon as it's applied. You have to use a moisturizer afterwards. I picked it up because I have oily, acne-prone skin, and thought that would help. But I don't like how tight my face feels after I put it on. I really thought this could help but it doesn't prevent breakouts, quite the opposite. I used W3LL People Bio Skin Tint afterwards, because it's pretty rich and contains oil, and I thought that would counterbalance this. However, it broke me out in cystic pimples mid-day, and I could feel it under my makeup. It was pretty awful, all patchy and an oily mess. I'm thinking that my skin might dislike zinc, actually. Both these products contain zinc, and La Roche-Posay Serozinc does the opposite of what it's supposed to as well. So I understand that this might work for people who react well to zinc. I can't recommend it, but given the simple formulation, I still think that this is a decent product if you're looking to test these ingredients. For the price point, I'm not sorry that I did.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.

on 9/4/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It relatively cheap and was able to last me for about 3-4 months. After using my pores become smaller and face do not get oily as fast. It is very fluid and absorbs very quickly into the skin and do not leave my skin feeling dry nor oily. The packaging is really hygienic too since it comes with a dropper. The only bad part of the packaging is that it is unable to pick up the product when there is only a little bit left.

However, this product is rather to difficult to buy in Singapore and I have to get it online from ASOS which may not always have stocks. The shipping rate from the company is crazy expensive and not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've heard mixed reviews about this and I was nervous to try it.
I have (well, had) very oily skin, my face would shine within 30 minutes after applying my (matte) foundation. I must say I don't use powder very often, not on a daily basis. In the morning, of course, you could fry an egg on my face. Not to mention that as it got hotter, this got out of control (nothing new, happens every summer). Also, I live in a humid area so I was expecting that.
On their website, they claim that the best use is in the morning, but I'm a little rebellious and I use it only at night. My routine goes like that - take my make-up off, wash my face with a foaming gel, then pat my face a little, then it's Niacinamide time. Keep in mind that my skin is damp at that moment, because if it's completely dry, it clings weirdly.
Now - the magic... my skin got from extremely oily to combo. I still go oily, but not that much and not that quicker. Some days is more oily than others, but that depends on the weather, hormones etc.
I love this product and I recommend it to everyone with oily skin. FOR SURE I'll buy this again. Not to mention the affordability of this and their entire range.

Pretty good actually