Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.

on 9/4/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It relatively cheap and was able to last me for about 3-4 months. After using my pores become smaller and face do not get oily as fast. It is very fluid and absorbs very quickly into the skin and do not leave my skin feeling dry nor oily. The packaging is really hygienic too since it comes with a dropper. The only bad part of the packaging is that it is unable to pick up the product when there is only a little bit left.

However, this product is rather to difficult to buy in Singapore and I have to get it online from ASOS which may not always have stocks. The shipping rate from the company is crazy expensive and not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've heard mixed reviews about this and I was nervous to try it.
I have (well, had) very oily skin, my face would shine within 30 minutes after applying my (matte) foundation. I must say I don't use powder very often, not on a daily basis. In the morning, of course, you could fry an egg on my face. Not to mention that as it got hotter, this got out of control (nothing new, happens every summer). Also, I live in a humid area so I was expecting that.
On their website, they claim that the best use is in the morning, but I'm a little rebellious and I use it only at night. My routine goes like that - take my make-up off, wash my face with a foaming gel, then pat my face a little, then it's Niacinamide time. Keep in mind that my skin is damp at that moment, because if it's completely dry, it clings weirdly.
Now - the magic... my skin got from extremely oily to combo. I still go oily, but not that much and not that quicker. Some days is more oily than others, but that depends on the weather, hormones etc.
I love this product and I recommend it to everyone with oily skin. FOR SURE I'll buy this again. Not to mention the affordability of this and their entire range.

Pretty good actually

on 6/3/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I pulled an all-nighter studying right before going on a spring break road trip and in the car I noticed my skin was freaking out, red and splotchy from lack of sleep. This was the only skincare product I had in my bag so I used it and immediately my face calmed down. I don't see much difference in my face with everyday usage, but it certainly works at soothing my occasional skin freakouts. For such a cheap price, it's worth trying in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have already repurchased this.

Before I started using this each morning (I use acids at night), I had terrible cystic acne under my chin and on my neck. It was persistent and painful. It is now pretty much gone. I get the odd cystic spot and they now vanish very quickly (from overnight to a few days if I leave them alone). I have found that I have certainly broken out on days when I havent used it.

I like the spreadability if this, it sinks into the skin nicely and I find applying moisturiser/primer and foundation on top is no problem at all.

I can't rate this product enough, it's a miracle for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Overall, I really enjoy using this product.

I only use it at night, after my Epiduo (retina) and before my moisturizer, because it PILLS. I think a lot of people may not like this product because they are trying to wear it under makeup.

Since I only use this at night, I probably haven't received all of the benefits from it I could be receiving, so keep that in mind. Interestingly, I feel a very brief sting when I apply this on all of my open acne spots. This is weird to me because I think of Niacinamide as a soothing product, but also I like that aspect of it because it makes me feel like it is working.

I've only been using this for about a month but I have been using it pretty regularly and I'm about halfway through the bottle. I don't notice a huge difference in reduction of oiliness or pore size, but the weather is also warming up here in Santa Cruz, and my skin usually gets oiler at that time of year anyways. My acne scars have been fading a little bit faster than normal, and I do attribute some of that to this serum. However, I also think Epiduo is helping with that.

I think that if you have no niacinamide in your routine already and you're looking for a cheap way to incorporate this into your routine in a high quantity, this is perfect for you. Personally, I use a lot of CeraVe products which almost all contain Niacinamide (but I'm pretty sure in much lower amounts) The PM Moisturizer and SA Cleanser are my favorite. Because of this, my skin might not be reaping the benefits from this product as much since I was already previously using it for years. However I still really enjoy using this product, and think I will repurchase if I notice my skin declines when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, where do I start? I've been using this product for about 2 months now, alongside Alpha Arbutin and my skin...wow! I'd seen all the rave reviews so thought I'd give it a go - with the price, you've got nothing to lose plus at the time of ordering, I was getting a breakout about every other day. Since using, I've honestly had maybe 2 or 3 which for me is incredible. It is unscented and lightweight. I use it AM and PM and it's absolutely fine under foundation, I feel it actually gives me a dewy glow. When wearing, it feels like it sets as a protective layer over your skin to deflect dirt...I mean I don't know how it does it but it really works!! Cannot recommend enough! I have since purchased a number of The Ordinary products based on this stuff. TRY IT!

on 3/2/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Form: Simple bottle, dropper is hygienic. Bottle mouth is wide enough that when you are getting to the bottom you can shake it out into your hand. Glass is recyclable, and bottle is re-usable if you get some goo-gone and take the label off. I know other people don't like the "lack of luxury" but I think the simplicity of the packaging fits well with my spare bathroom decor!

Function: Seems to absorb quickly. Zinc and Niacinamide are both proven skin-improvers and the formula contains only exactly what it needs to. No fragrance or colour or fillers. I usually use 1 - 2 drops and apply over my whole face. I do apply even to the under-eye area. No tingling or burning.

Downsides: It dries pretty quickly but leaves kind of a sheen. I usually use Urban Decay's De-Slick spray in the mornings and then top it off with an oil free primer. Usually sorts out the shiny-ness from this.

Bottom line: I would buy this again. I feel like Zinc (oral form) does a lot for my skin and I'd honestly rather apply it than take it in (too much can give you a copper deficiency) even if its less absorption. This stuff doesn't make me break out, noticeably clog my pores or get in the way of my busy life.

Also, although I started to use this and The Ordinary 10% LA + HA at the same time, so I can't say for sure, people have mentioned a noticeable improvement in my skin! So there is that!

I would recommend, and it is totally worth trying. I have repurchased it!