Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was drawn to The Ordinary due to a friends recommendation, and also the low price attracted me! I really enjoyed using this serum. It made my skin feel smooth and look radiant. My pore size looks smaller after using this for a month, and fine lines are plumped. It is a really fluid light serum, and I use it under my day moisturizer and SPF. Love this product!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Using this as a serum didn't do anything for me, not for pores and not for oiliness. However, when using on the odd blemish, it does help to flatten and calm down, however if you dab too much it will be visible as a white smudge once dried, which you can get away with overnight, but during the day - not so much! Previously I was using Paula's Choice Glycolic 10% but this was too harsh for bumps behind the ears/back of neck, it would irritate them more, unlike The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc which is gentle enough for sensitive areas. For this alone I would re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/29/2018 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Can be drying if you go overboard, but definitely clears up congested, clogged skin after a couple days of use. I use it once per day when I feel my skin needs to be purified. I will cleanse, use my chemical exfoliant (wait 15 min), then hyaluronic acid, then this (wait for it to sink in) and then moisturizer or an oil.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had given up on The Ordinary. Most of the products I had tried ranged from ok but not great to absolutely awful, and then CEO went nuts on Instagram. Then I began using a moisturizer with a small amount of niacinamide and saw good results, so I began to wonder if I would see even better results with a higher concentration.

I add three or four drops of this to my morning moisturizer (cerave baby moisturizer, also highly recommend). I have noticed my pores are smaller, my face stays matte throughout the day longer, and red spots from pimples take far less time to fade than before. I really like this stuff and will reorder when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

Update: Lately I've been using this in combination with The Ordinary's glycolic acid toner at night and it actually helps soothe and reduce my monthly acne flare ups. I highly recommend this gem :)

on 3/3/2018 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is SO good for my skin. It;s basically vitamin B in a bottle. LOVE it...and the price is amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, so so so much.
I have oily, dehydrated and acne prone skin which goes in phases of being super resistant to anything to super sensitive to anything. I try to keep a consistent routine including vitamin C, Salicylic acid, Retinol and Lactic acid and this serum actually fits perfectly into the routine, providing some healing, calming and zit clearing qualities to it.

The serum is runny, sticky but not thick. I layer it over Bioderma Hydrating Toner and under TO Matrixyl and it doesn't ball up on me, unlike other users' experience. You only need a couple of drops to cover face and neck, so that might be the trick.

The bottle is ok, not the most efficient means of dispensing but not bad either and the dropper itself hasn't clogged up or anything.

I noticed that when I use this consistently, my skin is less oily overall, my active spots are calmed and the scabs from previous spots are drier and heal faster. I don't know if it really does anything for my pigmentation as it is melasma- like (haven't had it diagnosed, but my guess is that it is) but I wasn't expecting much in that respect anyway.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who as active acne and oily skin in general. It just works.
Always spot test and give it some time before giving up, skin has a 28 day renewal cycle.

on 2/27/2018 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using retin-a as tretinoin prescription medication for 5 months now. I've gone through that horrible initial breakout. That may be why the reviews for this product are not as great as I would have expected-- people who havent used vitamins a,b, and c will have breakouts for a few weeks from this.

This stuff is seriously amazing. I've had family members notice the improvement in my skin since using this. My zits (and cysts) last a third of the time when i apply this and the oil control is seriously INSANE. I stain my pillows yellow with sebum (tmi) but with this it has reduced to the point i blot only once a day.

Using vitamins A, B, and C will cause irritation and breakouts at first, but if you stick with it, it will be worth it. And if you really can't bear it, the price is right. It's a no risk product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. It's a great basic serum for refining pores and pigmentation. Don't expect overnight results like some exfoliants and vitamin C formulas provide. It requires 3-6 weeks to see improvement, but I feel like it's a very worthwhile addition to my daytime routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this. It is a thin serum that disappears on the face as soon as it's applied. You have to use a moisturizer afterwards. I picked it up because I have oily, acne-prone skin, and thought that would help. But I don't like how tight my face feels after I put it on. I really thought this could help but it doesn't prevent breakouts, quite the opposite. I used W3LL People Bio Skin Tint afterwards, because it's pretty rich and contains oil, and I thought that would counterbalance this. However, it broke me out in cystic pimples mid-day, and I could feel it under my makeup. It was pretty awful, all patchy and an oily mess. I'm thinking that my skin might dislike zinc, actually. Both these products contain zinc, and La Roche-Posay Serozinc does the opposite of what it's supposed to as well. So I understand that this might work for people who react well to zinc. I can't recommend it, but given the simple formulation, I still think that this is a decent product if you're looking to test these ingredients. For the price point, I'm not sorry that I did.