Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

2.7

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

I ordered this as a last resort for hormonal adult acne since people were recommending it. It made it even worse! My face was completely full of whiteheads and under the skin rough texture bumps. I let my teenage daughter use it since it didn’t work for me. It also broke her out all over her forehead with the rough texture bumps. Horrible! Do not recommend!!!

on 3/26/2018 3:55:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me horrible cystic acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 3/13/2018 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This seems to be the only thing that keeps my hormonal acne at bay without irritating my skin. I only apply it to the lower half of my face though as I find it dries my skin just a tad. Highly recommend this product and I hope they never discontinue.

Like the woman in the picture, my skin has gotten significantly brighter, and if you struggle with large and dark pores, then this is your jam! It brightens them and other reddish discolourations. When you smear it on, your skin will get a little red, but after you’ve slept, next morning the skin is so bright! I recommend really rubbing it in.

I don’t struggle with acne anymore and my skin is on the drier side so I use this with a standard moisturizer on top. I let it dry first for 10-20 minutes and then apply my moisturizer.

I would not use it in the morning as your skin gets sensitive to the sun, and sunscreen only work if you reapply many times throughout the day.

All in all a fave of mine ❤️

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just noticed I am running low on this and bought more from the Deciem site. If you are like me and have oily skin, sensitive skin and have struggled with acne breakouts for as long as you can remember, buy this. After 5 weeks of consistent use once a day at night in combination with their salicylic acid 2% in the mornings, I have seen a very significant improvement in my skin. Originally, I was using this AM and PM with the salicylic acid at the same time, but that was way too much for my skin. Once daily for each in combination with their hyaluronic acid and cerave pump moisturizer, my skin has never been better. I do incorporate other things into my routine, but these are my staples now. I do think it took time for my skin to get used to this new routine, roughly 3 weeks. I was getting my usual breakouts, but noticed that they went away in 3 to 4 days instead of the usual 9 to 12. I stayed consistent and I am so glad I did. From what I understand, the niaciniamide makes your skin undergo cell turnover, which can take time to get used to, but I am no expert. Im happy to have discovered this brand and their products. My skin has been a serious struggle since I was about 18 and I am 32 now. I have tried everything short of accutane (I refused it) to get clear skin. I never thought something less than $10 would do the trick. The company's research is also impressive. If you buy their products, refer to their instructional chart, it tells you the best order to use your products in a routine. For reference I am obviously acne prone, oily, sensitive with some acne scarring on my cheeks.

stings the hell out of my skin
turns my skin bright red after using

on 12/30/2017 12:01:00 PM

I don’t know why this is not rated higher honestly. You have to be consistent with it. I am oily and acne prone with hormonal acne. This serum has done wonders in making my skin just overall look younger and brighter. I don’t know if it has helped my acne but I think it does help oil control. It’s really light, feels great on the skin. Just make sure you let it sink in before moving onto the next step. I use this immediately after cleansing, let it sink in and then I apply any medications or moisturizer. I really love this product and the company!

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.