Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

2.4

on 12/10/2017 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product has helped prevent my skin from breaking out, especially if I’ve been using other skincare products that have aggravated my skin. Like once I used a face oil that made me break out, thus serum helped keep them at bay. Once I stopped using this serum and continued with the face oil, I broke out even more. But if I’ve been using good skincare products that don’t break me out or irritate my skin, I don’t really see a difference when I use this. In fact, I feel like if I use this too much (twice a day, for example), I feel like I’m breaking out a little more. I think it’s a great value for what it does though and if it works for you, great! If this doesn’t work, at least buying it doesn’t break the bank. I do wish this had worked out for me.

Also, like many would’ve said - this balls up if you apply too much by accident or apply another product or two underneath (eg. a toner, essence or another serum). I find it easy to prevent though, by making sure I don’t apply too much and patting the product in as opposed to rubbing.

on 12/10/2017 2:32:00 AM

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I can’t complain.. it made my skin less oily and almost zero breakout .. AMAZING RESULTS
A little drop goes a long way
I highly recommend for oily and acne prone skin
I have ordered already since it’s always out of stock :-)

on 10/24/2017 7:24:00 AM

This product is supposed to help with acne/acne scars but I believe this has made it worse, for the first time in a while after using this product I started breaking out severely. I started getting whiteheads everywhere on my face and painful cyst. Do not buy if acne prone invest into better brands or more organic brands, such as Avene or La Roche Posay.

This is hands-down one of the best treatment I've used so far in my battle with acne. I've been using this every morning after cleaning my face and applying with Salicylic Acid 2% for 2-3 weeks and my skin has never looked better in years!

I was getting depressed about my hormonal and cystic acne because I've tried everything (including Retinol) that my dermatologist recommended and nothing worked better than this combo.

I've even went through PMS and menstruation with my skin looking almost flawless! I've went outside in full daylight without wearing make-up. Also, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is the ONLY treatment I've tried so far that actually has an effect on reducing sebum.

I have a huge problem with that and nothing worked so far in reducing my sebum production on my forehead, which usually looks like you could fry chicken on it, until now. After 2-3 weeks of using this regiment I can honestly say my skin is back to normal and I'm completely in awe as I never expected The Ordinary products to be this good. I'm completely hooked.

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

on 8/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing topical will change how much sebum your skin produces. Products might help with the appearance of shine, but that's about it. That said, I had realistic expectations re. this product and have not been disappointed. Niacinamide has been shown to be at least as effective as clindamycin gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne, assuming your acne is the inflammatory kind. Otherwise it's a great product for general skin health. I layer lots of products on and haven't had an issue with this pilling, following the thin to thick rule. As a rule of thumb I go liquids before lipids and it has worked well for me. TO makes many affordable products but unfortunate many of them are terribly formulated and very cosmetically inelegant. All things considered, I feel that this is actually one of their better offerings but YMMV.

on 6/25/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point which the Ordinary is known for. Not only are the ingredients potent but you can easily customize your own skincare if you are willing to do some research. I was excited to this product because I want to incorporate niacinamide into my routine. However, after using this for almost two months, I've come to the conclusion that this formulation simply does NOT work for my skin.

I have combo, acne prone skin which is easily prone to clogged pores. This serum leaves a sticky film residue which takes 15-20min for this serum to dry. No matter I much I try to dilute the product with other serums or use it to spot treat or layer it underneath I keep breaking out. I know I am not sensitive to niacinamide since I've used products containing it before so unfortunately this formulation does not work for me.

on 5/28/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Knowing about chemistry a little and how expensive good materials are, it makes me question how does this become so cheap? What is missing here? I got one just out of curiosity and complete mess, clogged skin and break outs. Niacinamide is not supposed to do that. Weird. I am not liking this brand at all.. Pass

I did not like this at all. During the first two days of use my skin was glowing, clear and looked more even then it had before. I thought I had hit the jackpot with this. But then by the end of the week my face was a clogged mess. I broke out over my entire face in under the skin bumps. They were large and they were noticeable. It was the only new product I had started so I knew it had to be this as sad as it was. Its cheap so its worth a shot if it will work for you, but I wouldn't use it if you are acne prone. I even tried to use it on my arms as a moisturizer because I hate wasting products and it gave me a rash. Shame it didn't work

on 5/5/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try The Ordinary products and may have went a bit overboard buying them because they were so cheap. I am a little annoyed I bought two of these bottles because I won't be using the second one. I had a similar experience to another reviewer saying that at first it made my skin tone appear less red and more even/clear, but then I started getting painful cysts/nodules on my face. I would say this all started happening about 2 weeks into using this product daily. I've been using the Effaclar system with pretty great results, but wanted something extra just to help with some redness and scarring. Although BP works for me, I do hate the bleaching/drying aspect of it and was looking for an alternative that would help keep me clear.

I do not recommend this if you have acne prone skin. I am currently now dealing with a huge scar from one of the worst cysts of my life after using this product. The 3 other nodules on my face are finally healing after discontinuing use from this product. I also thought perhaps it was something else breaking me out, so I put this product on my neck only and lo and behold, huge zit on my neck where I usually never break out.

I'm sure there's a reason these products are so inexpensive and it's probably because they don't actually work and haven't actually been really tested on anyone yet.