Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

2.7

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Recommended to me by a friend as I was desperate to a routine in place and get my skin under control. I really like this product! I noticed an improvement in my dark marks within a few days and less breakouts during the time I was using this product. Long-term use saw more benefits and my skin became clearer and my pores less clogged. Comes in standard Deciem packaging with a dropper applicator. The product is a bit thick and will pile if too much is used. Also finding the sweet spot of adding this to your routine makes a big difference in how this will layer with your other products. I use this right after my toner but before my Moisturiser and it seems to layer well that way. I would repurchase this as I saw results with consistent use and the pricing and availability of this makes sense to my budget.

on 12/15/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Was so excited to use this, hoping that it would work out for me. Glad I bought it and tried it, but I'm going to have to give this one a pass. This and the salicylic acid really made my skin upset at me. I stopped using the SA and kept using this for a while, only to see that my skin was still breaking out in weird places, didn't look any better, and seemed dry and irritated. Switched moisturizers, hoping to see some improvement, but the next day after using this I got more weird little pimples. Now that I've stopped using this my skin seems much happier. I'm hoping to try this again in a couple of months to make sure that this was the culprit, but as of now I'm pretty sure. Also, this did make my skin flush, which I didn't expect, and even though I used this for a couple of weeks it didn't go away. Too bad!

on 11/20/2018 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sadly, I seem to be one of the people who break out from this. Had a weird reaction the one time I tried it, I got a face full of small whiteheads that didn't really look like my regular acne pattern, along with some redness, irritation and dryness. I have had that kind of reaction a few times before, generally stress-related, and concluded that something in the base of this just does not agree with my skin at all.

I have used products with niacinamide regularly before and really enjoyed them, as well as zinc, so I don't think either of the two active ingredients are the culprit here, to be clear - I think it's something else in the serum base.

Clearly, this is a product that does work very well for some people, so I would just recommend patch testing before going full ham on your entire face. I gave my bottle to a friend who loves it and recommended it, she has gone through several bottles and seen really good results on her clogged pores and texture since she started using it, so it's not a bad product at all. It just doesn't work well for every skin, and which product does?

on 11/3/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, though I love that The Ordinary created a simple niacinimide serum and the price is reasonable, it broke me out and I could not use this on my face. I patch tested this on the far right side of my face where my skin is always clear and never breaks out, and after a few days of putting this there, I broke out in several pimples just in and around that area and nowhere else. I have niacinimide in my daily sunscreen (and that niacinimide does its job of brightening and evening my skin tone!) so my skin isn’t new to niacinimide. I also deducted a star because I was using it on bug bite hyperpigmentation and it didn’t seem to do much, though I was only using it 2-4 times a week probably.

3 stars because it’s still niacinimide in cheap form, and, assuming it has at least some effectiveness, I’m using it on my scalp to help to promote hair growth. It may also work better as a face serum for non acne prone facial skin when used regularly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well, use it to control my acne and so far I had my monthly acne. I am afraid to say nothing controls my acne. This is cheap and it might help for someone else, not me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It did nothing to me, my skin didn't get worse or better. At the time I was using it I used it for my oily t-zone were I got a lot of pores and small pimples. I didn't like the sticky consistency either.

Je souffre d'acné kystique, de points noirs et de taches blanches. Je viens juste de commencer à l'utiliser avec quelques-uns de leurs produits. Je peux officiellement dire que ce produit est le meilleur traitement spot / points noirs / pores que j'ai jamais utilisé. même après seulement quelques jours d'utilisation :).
L'étiquette de prix de ce produit m'a rendu très sceptique des critiques que j'ai lues car il était si bon marché pour ce qu'il prétend. Mais peut officiellement dire qu’il fait ce qu’il est indiqué sur la bouteille… les taches sont apparues plus souvent sur mon menton, mais si l’on lit ce produit, il est dit qu’elles peuvent s’aggraver avant d’éclaircir les choses. Une fois les spots supprimés, ils disparaissent en une journée au lieu de durer plus d'une semaine.
Je recommanderais ce produit à quiconque souffre de boutons ou de points noirs. Cela a même amélioré mes pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been looking for this product for so long after reading such good reviews about it. I found one in Myer and bought it straight away! I've been using it for a week and have noticed that it faded acne scars and other discoloration on my face. It's so much cheaper compared to other products so it's definitely a MUST BUY. 10/10!

on 9/26/2018 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this after hearing rave reviews for acne. I however had a bad experience. It gave me cystic acne that I assumed was a purge initially, but after a few weeks of use there was no improvement. As soon as I stopped my skin cleared, other than the usual hormonal breakouts related to my cycle. I have since swapped this out for the salycilic acid 2% and along with the hyaluronic acid I have been using the whole time, I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin.

So for those who this product gives those cystic pimples (seems to be a few), try the salycilic acid and hyaluronic acid.

My husband did try this product though and noticed an improvement in his skin, but we don't know if it's the niacinamide or the hyaluronic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.