Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.8

on 1/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have had mild acne at times and have been using this for two weeks, I had decided to try this along with the AHA BHA peel. Since I started using I have developed two incredibly painful cysts in places I've never had (just above top lip and a cm under my eye) along with a dozen other pimples scattered across my face. My skin didn't have any breakouts prior to using either. I don't know what this is but it isn't a purge. My skin also feels awful like the texture is rough. Sadly I need to discontinue. I really wanted this to work :(

on 1/21/2018 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First, I have combination skin and I am a medium brown skin tone with a few sunspots and scars. I am sharing this post because I had to learn through mistakes on how to properly use this product. So hope this helps.

Initially, I would clean my face and put two or three drops directly onto my skin and massage it in. My skin looked dry, dull and flaky as a result as the product was too strong.

I went back to the deciem store and had to ask what I was doing wrong. Apparently, you don't put this product directly onto your skin! ( well no one told me...) here are the steps: 1. You put two drops on your palms. 2. Rub your palms together 3. Pat the product onto your skin. That said, I ended up picking up a hyulauranic acid during my trip to the store as it helps the skin retain moisture and niacinamide absorbs into the skin better. My routine now is first hyularanic then the niacinamide followed by my face cream. So here goes: step 1. 2-3 drops of hyulauronic acid on my palm 2. Rub palms together 3. Pat product onto face. Give it a few seconds to sink in. Then follow the same process for niacinamide. After about a min, apply your face cream as your normally would. My skin looks so refreshed and my scars are down by 70%! Cheers...hope this helps!

on 1/13/2018 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this serum because I was interested in a niacinamide product to replace my Cerave PM Moisturiser, which is extraordinarily difficult to find in the UK.

The price is fantastic on the serum (as with all The Ordinary products) and I love the aesthetic of the packaging because the fussy, pink extraness of so many other brands just turns me off. I use this after washing and applying a retinoic acid in the pm or a vitamin c serum in the am - this is the same step in my routine that I would use the Cerave. I found this to be a fine replacement for the Cerave. When I switched to this there was a slight improvement in the softness of my skin and no worsening of any other issues - so it is at least as efficacious as the more expensive moisturiser. However, I was not a fan of the texture of this serum - it is quite thick (it could not be used at an earlier stage in my routine) so I had to use about half a pipette to spread it comfortably - that amounts to a fair bit of product and I would estimate a bottle to last about a month. The SAs in the store suggested patting in a few drops and you can definitely use less product if you do that, but the thickness makes it hard to spread by patting and the product is quite tacky so patting it in is not a particularly pleasant experience. No matter how I applied it I found it to leave a tacky feel. This also did not play well with other products and would cause moisturiser to pill on top.

Overall this product worked and I finished about 3/4 of the bottle. I would recommend it to others as the lowest price efficacious niacinamide that I have ever used, but there are other products I prefer for the same step and I would not purchase again for myself.

I think The Ordinary is great if you want to try out specific actives without lots of extra ingredients or want something that works for a minimal cost. I am totally into the naming convention they use and vastly prefer the no nonsense frankness to the jargon and fluff other brands use. I have tried a few of their products; I love and continue to use their oils. I plan to try The Buffet serum and NIOD Copper Peptides next.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the poster below me, I too have a bad reaction to the high levels of niacinamide in this product. It's simply too much for my skin to handle and it breaks me out in rash-like acne that is difficult to treat. I say definitely do a patch test with this stuff before applying it to your entire face. I love the Ordinary and other products of theirs are hg status for me! Too bad this didn't work for me.

that's my second bottle of this. I've been using it for almost 1.5 years. I usually put it in the evenings on the areas that have spots or all over the face, the next day the redness disappears and the spots heal so much faster.
absorbs quickly, no smell, I put a serum (or other treatments like retinoid, lactic acid or other), a moisturizer and some oil sometimes over this. amazing stuff that really works for me and a great price.

I'm onto my second bottle of this serum now. I love it, it heals my acne and makes it look less severe, even the angry, painful cystic zits spend less time on my face, adds a bit of extra hydration to my face and it's fragrance free!

My only issue with it is that I wish it had a pump style bottle, while the dropper is nice, sometimes I get too much product or I fear spilling it on my bathroom counter.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WOW!!! I was so skeptical of this serum. For something for under $10 with all these claims.....I was on the fence about this one. I use it only during the day along with a moisturizing SPF. This definitely keeps my skin looking balanced and my pores don't stick out like sore thumbs. As far as the skin glow.....it definitely makes my skin glow. A nice lovely glow. As far as making it look less congested. That has yet to be seen as I have yet used it long enough but I definitely plan on repurchasing this serum again and again. Can't beat the price point.

on 12/11/2017 3:29:00 PM

This is amazing stuff and for $6 I am impressed. I suffer from adult acne. I bought this at the Abnormal Beauty Company and haven’t looked back since. My skin cleared in two days using this serum with a Retinoid. All that’s left are some scars, which I will report back on.

My regime with 15min between each step:
AM: Vitamin C with hyaluronic acid, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.
PM: Niacinamide 10%, Granactive Retinoid 2%, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.

on 12/10/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am on my second bottle of this. I do not get breakouts anymore (upside of aging) but I still have large pores and they certainly got smaller after I added this to my routine. You do need to apply it carefully if you layer it over other products and not use too much and pat it on instead of rubbing it but that is a very small inconvenience given the results.

on 11/15/2017 4:05:00 AM

I'm using several products from The Ordinary range, plus I'm back on the pill for a few months now so I cannot give credit to one product in particular, but my skin has cleared up something amazing. It could be entirely from the pill alone, but I doubt it.

Niacinamide has been shown to improve acne, zinc helps the healing process. This has high concentrations of both. You may find it irritating, in which case, use it less frequently or don't use it. In any case, it's good value for money.