Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.8

on 4/16/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this every day twice a day blended together with TO azelaic acid, salicylic acid, moisturizing factors or my sunscreen and at night I add a drop or 2 of the granactive retinoid 5%. This combo has cleared and brightened my post pregnancy skin and has helped fade my melasma quite a bit as well. I'm not expecting any miracles there from an otc product but this combo has definitely helped. I've tried layering all of these individually but combining them into one serum seems to work fine and takes up way less time.This is a nice booster to my skin care and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

on 3/20/2018 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after reading about The Ordinary products online, and finding it on sale at Priceline.

I don't use it every day, as I alternate between this and my Glycolic Souffle. I've noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin texture and a reduction in the number of spots I get. I use it before I put on my moisturiser in the evening, but have also used it during the day. It spreads quite thin and you don't need a lot. If you put too much on, it can feel a bit drying and funny.

There's a bit of a smell, but that disappears quite quickly.

I have taken to recommending this to friends who are looking for a cheap, do-it-all product. Give it a go and if you don't like it, all you've wasted is $10.

on 3/13/2018 12:21:00 AM

Love it. Every morning 4 drops mixed in day moisturiser and that’s it, never had a better skin!

on 3/7/2018 1:05:00 AM

This product completely changed my life. About 6 months after finishing a course of accutane I started getting hormonal acne on my chin. After using this regularly I do not get any pimples. NONE! Amazing!!! I have not done anything else differently but add this to my routine. Love it.

on 2/25/2018 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have combo skin. I patch tested this product on my arm and was not allergic to it. Within two weeks of using it as an addition to my regular evening skincare routine I broke out in whiteheads and deep painful zits on and around my nose. This was very unusual for me, as my typical breakouts are on my forehead and chin.

If you want to try it, proceed with caution. At the very least, it’s not expensive. I did like the dropper packaging, the fact that it had no fragrance, and the way it felt on my skin.

I do use Cerave PM so I don’t know if it was the niacinimide or something else that triggered the breakout, but it’s inspired me to try a different moisturizer once this bottle is finished just in case!

In less than two weeks this transformed my skin completely! It feels a bit sticky and tacky, also stings my skin a bit still. I always follow up with a moisturizer, since this doesn't leave me feeling quenched. However, the long term results are amazing; significantly less breakouts, less visible pores, less redness of skin, and most amazingly: has faded many of my acne scars on my cheeks. I will purchase this until I die, and recommend it to anyone with congested skin issues. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a life saver!
I put 4 in packaging, since it's very difficult to get the remaining product out. A pump suspension would be great.

I uploaded a photo of my "before and after", which is from using the following products: Salicylic Acid 2%, Lactic Acid 10%, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Granactive Retinoid 5%, Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% and AHA 30% + BHA 2%.
I put it up on this product, since I definitely see it working wonders on my acne scars and blemishes, which you can clearly see (no photoshop!). It's a HG product.

on 1/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have had mild acne at times and have been using this for two weeks, I had decided to try this along with the AHA BHA peel. Since I started using I have developed two incredibly painful cysts in places I've never had (just above top lip and a cm under my eye) along with a dozen other pimples scattered across my face. My skin didn't have any breakouts prior to using either. I don't know what this is but it isn't a purge. My skin also feels awful like the texture is rough. Sadly I need to discontinue. I really wanted this to work :(

on 1/21/2018 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First, I have combination skin and I am a medium brown skin tone with a few sunspots and scars. I am sharing this post because I had to learn through mistakes on how to properly use this product. So hope this helps.

Initially, I would clean my face and put two or three drops directly onto my skin and massage it in. My skin looked dry, dull and flaky as a result as the product was too strong.

I went back to the deciem store and had to ask what I was doing wrong. Apparently, you don't put this product directly onto your skin! ( well no one told me...) here are the steps: 1. You put two drops on your palms. 2. Rub your palms together 3. Pat the product onto your skin. That said, I ended up picking up a hyulauranic acid during my trip to the store as it helps the skin retain moisture and niacinamide absorbs into the skin better. My routine now is first hyularanic then the niacinamide followed by my face cream. So here goes: step 1. 2-3 drops of hyulauronic acid on my palm 2. Rub palms together 3. Pat product onto face. Give it a few seconds to sink in. Then follow the same process for niacinamide. After about a min, apply your face cream as your normally would. My skin looks so refreshed and my scars are down by 70%! Cheers...hope this helps!

on 1/13/2018 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this serum because I was interested in a niacinamide product to replace my Cerave PM Moisturiser, which is extraordinarily difficult to find in the UK.

The price is fantastic on the serum (as with all The Ordinary products) and I love the aesthetic of the packaging because the fussy, pink extraness of so many other brands just turns me off. I use this after washing and applying a retinoic acid in the pm or a vitamin c serum in the am - this is the same step in my routine that I would use the Cerave. I found this to be a fine replacement for the Cerave. When I switched to this there was a slight improvement in the softness of my skin and no worsening of any other issues - so it is at least as efficacious as the more expensive moisturiser. However, I was not a fan of the texture of this serum - it is quite thick (it could not be used at an earlier stage in my routine) so I had to use about half a pipette to spread it comfortably - that amounts to a fair bit of product and I would estimate a bottle to last about a month. The SAs in the store suggested patting in a few drops and you can definitely use less product if you do that, but the thickness makes it hard to spread by patting and the product is quite tacky so patting it in is not a particularly pleasant experience. No matter how I applied it I found it to leave a tacky feel. This also did not play well with other products and would cause moisturiser to pill on top.

Overall this product worked and I finished about 3/4 of the bottle. I would recommend it to others as the lowest price efficacious niacinamide that I have ever used, but there are other products I prefer for the same step and I would not purchase again for myself.

I think The Ordinary is great if you want to try out specific actives without lots of extra ingredients or want something that works for a minimal cost. I am totally into the naming convention they use and vastly prefer the no nonsense frankness to the jargon and fluff other brands use. I have tried a few of their products; I love and continue to use their oils. I plan to try The Buffet serum and NIOD Copper Peptides next.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the poster below me, I too have a bad reaction to the high levels of niacinamide in this product. It's simply too much for my skin to handle and it breaks me out in rash-like acne that is difficult to treat. I say definitely do a patch test with this stuff before applying it to your entire face. I love the Ordinary and other products of theirs are hg status for me! Too bad this didn't work for me.