Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.8

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!

on 11/15/2018 2:32:00 PM

I'm writing this as a first impression review, I'll probably come back in a few days for more updates (if I don't forget). The price, very cheap and convenient, nothing new. It has an odorless, gel-like consistency that feels like a weird mucus on my skin but surprisingly, it sinks in quite fast and with a moisturizer on top, it feels nice. Now, for the part that shocked me. The redness people.....the redness subsided in less that 2 hours after using it for the FIRST TIME. The difference is shockingly obvious. I'm not talking about rosacea, I'm talking about angry, painful, itchy pimples and hyperpigmentation left from their cousins

Niacinamide is best for the skin at around 4% or 5% concentration, not 10%.

This is way too strong, which is probably why people are reporting adverse effects.

How I use it, is I dilute it: I take two drops of this stuff, and mix it with three drops of a serum. (Don't use a serum with lots of actives - I just add it to a hyaluronic serum.) Then apply to the face. I haven't had any kind of bad skin reaction when I dilute it.

on 10/23/2018 5:28:00 AM

Recently I`ve been trying to introduce actives and simplify my skincare regimen, not only to benefit my skin, but also because I have found that expensive products rarely perform much better than something from the drugstore. I was ecstatic that Beautybay started carrying The Ordinary, because we cannot get this in Japan. I was a bit hesitant about the Niacinamde because I have heard some people have had adverse reactions. So I started introducing it in small quantities, twice a week, then built up the frequency. My skin has been finicky the past few months, but it has loved this. I haven`t experienced any tingling, irritation, or breakouts. I apply it directly to dry skin and my skin just drinks it up. Like a sponge, I kid you not! My skin looks more hydrated and plump with this, and it meshes really well with my other products. I use this in my evening routine, after pre-treatment with Biologique Recherche P50W followed by a first treatment essence (SK-II, Amore Pacific Vintage Lotion or Missha), then when my skin has soaked those up and is relatively dry, I bring on the Niacinamide. I wait a minute or so, then use an emulsion if my skin is drier than usual, or straight to moisturizer.(Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifyante). This routine has been working really well for me as the colder weather has kicked in. Please continue to stock this, Beautybay!!!

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I could see a difference almost immediately. I do not have sensitive skin so I haven't noticed any irritation, although there's a slight stinging/cooling sensation when you first apply, but nothing painful at all. I had some initial purge and now my skin is clearer and more balanced oil wise than it's been in years, acne scars are fading and my skin tone seems overall more even. All of those effects are great but the biggest difference for me is in makeup longevity -- I have a very oily T-Zone which can usually break down the best foundations by the afternoon but using this in the morning my foundation lasts all day! I'm even able to use a dewy setting spray for a more natural look for the first time ever. Price is amazing will definitely repurchase.

on 10/5/2018 2:14:00 AM

I’m not entirely sure what this does for me. It hasn’t faded any scars but my skin appears more even and less red. But that might be the result of my other products. I do feel like my pores get congested faster when I use this on consecutive nights.

on 9/19/2018 11:05:00 AM

I’m fairly new to paying attention to my skin when I began to develop red patches. When I first started using this it really did a number—I was red and burning and in pain. Basically the same reaction that so many other people seem to get. Coincidentally, I was also trying another product developed by a dermatologist that came with extensive instructions about introducing it slowly as you should with any new product. So I did with this one too and sure enough I now tolerate it well and it’s taken care of any redness on my face. The redness returned when I stopped using it for a bit and disappeared when I started again. I’m now on my fourth bottle.

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA

Ingredients to this product are fantastic & has good value however performance is POOR!

I saw no difference to my skin after finishing this product. Texture stayed the same. It didn't brighten any pigmentation or help get rid of blemishes...Nothing.

Actually my face struggled to absorb this serum...and I don't have dry or flaky skin! And because it never fully absorbed there would always be pilling...so I would have to apply this at night.

Overall In my experience this is one of the worst products from the Ordinary...

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.