Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

i am very fair with redness in my cheeks and chin that even most foundations dont cover, as well as some enlarged pores on the left side of my nose. after using this for a bit over a month i can see a big change in the redness i was having and well as the fact that my pores are less noticable! my only caution is that if you are laying over this serum you must PAT and not rub, or it will pill. I am happy i no longer feel the need to wear liquid foundations to cover my cheeks! a powder works just fine for me now, when i feel like it ;)

on 5/15/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin loves niacinamide. It gives me a glow and definitely helps my hormonal zits to go away quickly each month without leaving any redness behind. I was afraid I might find the 10% concentration to be too drying, but it's been fine. I'm not sure why the zinc is in here given that it has no proven skin benefits and seems to do nothing but precipitate into a white cast and interfere with makeup application, but whatever, it's $6, I'll deal. As long as TO makes this stuff (which may not be that long given the CEO's mental health situation :/) I'll buy it.

on 1/23/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

One day after using this serum for 2 months I caught a glimpse of my face in a mirror at the drugstore one day and was both delighted and dismayed. Why? While it does lighten very well, in fact, I could not see my melasma at all but my skin was so so dry. This serum has zinc and that's not so great for someone with dehydration prone skin. Niacinamide is extremely effective on melasma and I recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin. My skin felt smooth but it looked textured and my pores were HUGE because my skin was so dehydrated. I've moved on to Holy Snails will do a review on that in March 2018

The Ordinary's Niacinamide and Zinc Serum is an affordable gel-like liquid that contains a proven blemish fighter in the ingredient niacinamide and an unproven zinc. The research is definitely limited in terms of zinc's benefits to skin and blemish fighting powers. I love that this is fragrance free and affordable. I've been using this morning and night but for anyone that hasn't used niacinamide before definitely start out slow because it can cause a little bit of a sting until your skin gets used to it. I did notice a bit of a purging period after I began using it but after that I think this really helped my skin prevent breakouts. This does dry pretty tacky so you might want to follow with another serum or moisturizer. My more detailed review is here:

on 9/22/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am generally not acne-prone, but like clockwork, I would get a few giant bright red hormone-related zits on my chin and forehead monthly during my period. Or should I say, I used to get them.

Since adding this product to my routine once per day, approximately 5 days per week, I have not gotten a single zit. Not a one. Again, I am generally not acne-prone, but I never thought I'd be free of monthly hormonal blemishes. I was wrong.

For as cheap as this product is, it's worth giving a try.

on 6/27/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh, I wanted to love this product so badly but I just couldn't. I purchased this hoping it would reduce the appearance of my spots and perhaps even clear up my acne a bit. However, sadly, it did the exact opposite! Within 3 days of using this product, I had broken out horribly with closed comedones all over my face. It took literally weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I'm thinking the zinc must have caused it, because I have used niacinamide before with no issues. The value is great and the product is very pleasant to apply, but it's just not for me.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product really seems to be either hit or miss based on skin type. I know some people have experienced terrible breakouts after using this and I too got a big cystic pimple after the first time using it as well. After about a week, I decided to give it another shot and I'm very glad that I did.

I have very dry skin, but get hormonal acne around my period on my chin/jawline. I'm also prone to getting a lot of sebaceous filaments on my chin all the time. After using this on my chin daily and spot treating areas of other breakouts for about two months, I've noticed a substantial improvement in my skin. I no longer have sebaceous filaments on my chin and my hormonal acne, which normally consists of one or two cystic pimples, has been largely eradicated. This past month I only got one small surface pimple that I was able to clear up after a day.

I will definitely keep using this. Given the price point, its definitely worth checking out.

on 5/5/2017 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the few skincare products I will defenitely repurchase. It is just SO GOOD.

My pores look much cleaner and when I get a breakout and put this on, it is GONE the next morning.

Doesn't clog, doesn't dry out my skin. Great product for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Used half the bottle and noticed ZERO change in skin. I don't care if it's cheap, it didn't work for me.

My skin: light, some pigmentation issues, dry, sensitive, prone to redness.

How is it possible that niacinamide did nothing?? I've used several products with niacinamide that have all been more effective.

Disappointing.

on 3/13/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It did not do anything for me. I used for 3 months and could not see any difference. It has a wonderful texture and it served as a primer for my dry skin.