Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.6

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

V good packaging, price, I personally had no problems with CS directly dealing with DECIEM, but this serum really didn't do anything to me. I use this after a watery lotion and it's as if I applied more watery lotion. The redness in my cheeks was not calmed down and all the sensitive areas stay unaffected. Pretty useless in my case.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well, use it to control my acne and so far I had my monthly acne. I am afraid to say nothing controls my acne. This is cheap and it might help for someone else, not me.

on 10/23/2018 5:28:00 AM

Recently I`ve been trying to introduce actives and simplify my skincare regimen, not only to benefit my skin, but also because I have found that expensive products rarely perform much better than something from the drugstore. I was ecstatic that Beautybay started carrying The Ordinary, because we cannot get this in Japan. I was a bit hesitant about the Niacinamde because I have heard some people have had adverse reactions. So I started introducing it in small quantities, twice a week, then built up the frequency. My skin has been finicky the past few months, but it has loved this. I haven`t experienced any tingling, irritation, or breakouts. I apply it directly to dry skin and my skin just drinks it up. Like a sponge, I kid you not! My skin looks more hydrated and plump with this, and it meshes really well with my other products. I use this in my evening routine, after pre-treatment with Biologique Recherche P50W followed by a first treatment essence (SK-II, Amore Pacific Vintage Lotion or Missha), then when my skin has soaked those up and is relatively dry, I bring on the Niacinamide. I wait a minute or so, then use an emulsion if my skin is drier than usual, or straight to moisturizer.(Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifyante). This routine has been working really well for me as the colder weather has kicked in. Please continue to stock this, Beautybay!!!

on 10/9/2018 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Skin type: Sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.

I had a terrible breakout with this one. My entire face was full with pimples! It was crazy. It broke me out within 7 days of using it (day and night).

on 9/28/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8.5/10

This is the kind of skincare product that I think has made a difference, but I won't know for sure until I stop using it. This was given to me by a friend who had a bad reaction to it. A lot of users on Reddit have reported adverse reactions to this product, so I was prepared for stinging and irritation. However, I experienced neither. I don't have acne-prone skin at all, so I wasn't expecting any results. What I believe this has done is really smoothed my skin and given it a 'clear' appearance. I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think I need it, but I'm glad I tried it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

on 9/15/2018 7:16:00 AM

I have dry dehydrated skin and use this as my serum step. It took me about 3.5 months to finish this. I apply 2 drops, 2 times a day.

It initially reduced some of the redness on my cheeks. I felt like it just plateaued afterwards.

The texture is sticky but it's not the last step of my routine so that wasn't an issue for me.

I did not find this to be very moisturising. I read somewhere that it may be the zinc that is drying.

It's good to know that my skin doesn't have any issues with Niacinamide but I won't purchase. I'll be looking for other products that have Niacinamide in it.

Ingredients to this product are fantastic & has good value however performance is POOR!

I saw no difference to my skin after finishing this product. Texture stayed the same. It didn't brighten any pigmentation or help get rid of blemishes...Nothing.

Actually my face struggled to absorb this serum...and I don't have dry or flaky skin! And because it never fully absorbed there would always be pilling...so I would have to apply this at night.

Overall In my experience this is one of the worst products from the Ordinary...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.

on 8/30/2018 11:52:00 AM

This is great, such a good value for money yet super effective. I have really sensitive skin, but at the same time I have been having some problems whit larger pores and some blackheads, and this product made my pores almost completely disappear and my skin cleared up after using it a short while, whiteout irritating my skin. When I run out of it I'm 100% going to buy it again, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.