Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

on 9/15/2018 7:16:00 AM

I have dry dehydrated skin and use this as my serum step. It took me about 3.5 months to finish this. I apply 2 drops, 2 times a day.

It initially reduced some of the redness on my cheeks. I felt like it just plateaued afterwards.

The texture is sticky but it's not the last step of my routine so that wasn't an issue for me.

I did not find this to be very moisturising. I read somewhere that it may be the zinc that is drying.

It's good to know that my skin doesn't have any issues with Niacinamide but I won't purchase. I'll be looking for other products that have Niacinamide in it.

Ingredients to this product are fantastic & has good value however performance is POOR!

I saw no difference to my skin after finishing this product. Texture stayed the same. It didn't brighten any pigmentation or help get rid of blemishes...Nothing.

Actually my face struggled to absorb this serum...and I don't have dry or flaky skin! And because it never fully absorbed there would always be pilling...so I would have to apply this at night.

Overall In my experience this is one of the worst products from the Ordinary...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was extremely excited to try this product. I had read rave review about it, heard numerous praises, not to mention that it was recommended for acne prone skin like mine. People on youtube were calling it a holy grail product. So I had really high hopes.
I had read that it's not uncommon for your skin to go through a "purging" phase, so I wasn't too upset when I saw that I had gotten a few blemishes. But the problem is that the "purge" never actually stopped... for over 2 months, while I tried the product. So it wasn't an actual purge. I gave it a shot for over 2 months, and every single time I used the product, I got acne. I stopped using it and my skin cleared. Then, after using it again, it went crazy with acne all over again. And they were nasty, under the skin, painful ones, too.
I didn't see any improvement in my skin - no difference in pores, no brightening, no redness reduction, nothing. So it did absolutely nothing for my skin, apart from breaking me out like crazy. I tried using it in different ways - on its own, mixed in with other products, on dry skin, on wet skin, at the beginning of my skincare routine, near the end of my skincare routine... Nothing made it work better.
Sad to say that it was a complete fail for me.

on 8/30/2018 11:52:00 AM

This is great, such a good value for money yet super effective. I have really sensitive skin, but at the same time I have been having some problems whit larger pores and some blackheads, and this product made my pores almost completely disappear and my skin cleared up after using it a short while, whiteout irritating my skin. When I run out of it I'm 100% going to buy it again, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.

on 8/23/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This broke me out so I stopped using it immediately. Now I only use it on the single bumps I get but never use it on my whole face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Give it time. I thought I didn't love it at first because it was a bit drying to my already dry skin, a little tacky, and in no way moisturizing. But in time, I noticed a difference in my pores and overall skin barrier!!! I noticed a difference when I take it out of my routine so I need to use it regularly-- even daily. I usually notice a difference in 1-2 weeks. Worth it!!!

on 8/20/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. The price point was amazing for a cult skincare line and it contains two actives generally recommended for my kind of rosacea prone skin. If you scroll on Google you will see pages of good reviews.so it seemed like a good bet. What could go wrong?

Well, an IMMEDIATE flare up, that's what. As soon as I applied the product, it stung. My cheeks, which hadn't flared for months, suddenly went red and my whole face prickled, particularly at the corners of my nose and somehow (though I'd been careful to avoid them) my eyes, too. A genuine inflammation response to a seemingly safe product with well researched actives. How?

I'm honestly perplexed. I've never reacted like this to anything except some kind of fruit acid or vitamin C in the days before I got to grips with my skin type. Certainly never to niacinimide or zinc. I feel there is something wrong in the formulation which makes it unsuitable for my skin and, frankly, I distrust the line as a whole now.

Unfortunately, this will end up in my skincare graveyard along with the other product I bought (like another reviewer, I'm reluctant to use it either even though it's apparently plain old HA with 'natural moisturising factors'). I'm going back to my pricier, safer serum, Synergie Vitamin B, that I know works for me and won't irritate my skin or cause a reaction.

I would strongly suggest people with sensitive rosacea or acne use caution with this one.

I found this product when I was suffering a phase of adult acne. After 1 week, my acne started clearing and this has remained a staple for 1 year. My skin is smoother and acne marks appear to fade quicker too. Great value for money - I bought 7 bottles to get free shipping after my first bottle ran out. Lasts a really long time too. 4 stars as it dries to a sticky finish. I overcome this by following with moisturizer.

on 7/26/2018 11:29:00 PM

Nope. No thanks. I used it for the first time last night and now 24 hours later I have large, painful pimples all over my face. It's my first time trying a product from The Ordinary and I still have 2 more sitting on my bathroom counter I'm terrified to try.