Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 1/11/2019 12:16:00 AM

I wanted this The Ordinary product to work so badly since it was at a great price point and packaging was simple. However, it didn't help my breakouts and seemed to irritate my sensitive skin (which may have led to more breakouts).

on 1/8/2019 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of my first TO product and I've been using it almost everyday since it was released in 2016. My skin is acne prone and this helps reduce breakouts. I'm not sure how. It's supposed to be for brightening but I also use vitamin C regularly so not sure about its effectiveness at brightening. The price is unbeatable. I've gone through probably 10 bottles and will always repurchase. No complaints about packaging. Highly recommend.

on 12/31/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really do not like this product. It has not ruined my face but at the same time it did nothing to improve it. I keep hoping that it would minimize the acne, it did not. I also hope it would reduce the oiliness of my face, it did not. All it did was lightening up my bank account and take up space in my bathroom cabinet. I don't doubt that it helped others in improving their skin but I am mad that there wasn't even a modicum of improvement in mine. I have used this for three months, once in the morning. This is going back.

on 12/29/2018 12:16:00 PM

My skin type: oily but prone to dehydration, large pores, texture issues, sensitive. I bought this product in hopes of reducing the appearance of my pores and I have to say it delivered! I mix a few drops in with the Hada Labo premium lotion and apply to a damp face. Then, when my skin is still slightly damp, I add rosehip oil and then a moisturizer. When I wake up my pores look better and I notice better overall clarity as well. I use about 2 or 3 times a week at night (my skin is sensitive and I don't use this on nights I use a retinol or aha). I'm picky about skincare but this product has "made the cut" to be incorporated into my regular routine.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had relatively high expectations for this product - and it did not disappoint. I use this in the morning, before I put on my other serums and moisturizers (currently I'm using a La Roche-Posay hyaluronic acid and then moisturizer to try to fight the winter dryness). I agree with the other reviewers who have said this product can be challenging to layer - I find that using a very thin layer is best. I started to notice a difference in my skin within a few days. I don't have a lot of breakouts, but was looking for something to smooth and refine my skin, particularly my pores. This product delivered. I have zero issues with it, no added sensitivity and it does seem to add some additional moisture. I'm very happy with this and will continue to use and re-purchase.

on 12/24/2018 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this every day morning and night for 2 weeks now and my acne is still as bad if not worse...really disappointed as I hoped this would help. Only thing I like is that it doesn’t dry my skin out, it actually feels like it’s mositurising my skin a bit and I like the dropper...wouldn’t buy again though

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Recommended to me by a friend as I was desperate to a routine in place and get my skin under control. I really like this product! I noticed an improvement in my dark marks within a few days and less breakouts during the time I was using this product. Long-term use saw more benefits and my skin became clearer and my pores less clogged. Comes in standard Deciem packaging with a dropper applicator. The product is a bit thick and will pile if too much is used. Also finding the sweet spot of adding this to your routine makes a big difference in how this will layer with your other products. I use this right after my toner but before my Moisturiser and it seems to layer well that way. I would repurchase this as I saw results with consistent use and the pricing and availability of this makes sense to my budget.

on 12/16/2018 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At first, I thought this did nothing. Immediately started using it daily, just to see what would happen - I was hoping it could diminish the look of my enlarged pores. My main skin issue is dehydration, and sensitivity (probably caused by the dehydration), so I have dry skin with large:ish, clogging-prone pores on my nose.

I don’t put this straight on cleansed skin, but use a serum-like hydrating toner first. Within a few days of use, I started seeing benefits. I’m not sure my pores got smaller, but definitely less noticeable - less dark and clogged, perhaps. Makeup started looking better and more even on my skin, and I feel like I can use less foundation. It’s an improvement that two years of BHA 2% five nights a week has not been able to produce.

So I like it! It seems to be really hit/miss for people, but for my skin, it’s fantastic. I’m on my second bottle and always keep a backup. I like the simple, lab vial type packaging, but I would prefer the product not being exposed to air.

The fact that a bottle of this is cheaper than a burger meal is pretty awesome too.

on 11/20/2018 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sadly, I seem to be one of the people who break out from this. Had a weird reaction the one time I tried it, I got a face full of small whiteheads that didn't really look like my regular acne pattern, along with some redness, irritation and dryness. I have had that kind of reaction a few times before, generally stress-related, and concluded that something in the base of this just does not agree with my skin at all.

I have used products with niacinamide regularly before and really enjoyed them, as well as zinc, so I don't think either of the two active ingredients are the culprit here, to be clear - I think it's something else in the serum base.

Clearly, this is a product that does work very well for some people, so I would just recommend patch testing before going full ham on your entire face. I gave my bottle to a friend who loves it and recommended it, she has gone through several bottles and seen really good results on her clogged pores and texture since she started using it, so it's not a bad product at all. It just doesn't work well for every skin, and which product does?

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!