Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.6

I ordered this as a last resort for hormonal adult acne since people were recommending it. It made it even worse! My face was completely full of whiteheads and under the skin rough texture bumps. I let my teenage daughter use it since it didn’t work for me. It also broke her out all over her forehead with the rough texture bumps. Horrible! Do not recommend!!!

I feel that I've given this a fair shot. It's a good value if you can't afford something better. But it's not as good as Paula's Choice niacinamide booster. Hers costs more, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

on 4/16/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this every day twice a day blended together with TO azelaic acid, salicylic acid, moisturizing factors or my sunscreen and at night I add a drop or 2 of the granactive retinoid 5%. This combo has cleared and brightened my post pregnancy skin and has helped fade my melasma quite a bit as well. I'm not expecting any miracles there from an otc product but this combo has definitely helped. I've tried layering all of these individually but combining them into one serum seems to work fine and takes up way less time.This is a nice booster to my skin care and I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it.

on 3/26/2018 3:55:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me horrible cystic acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 3/20/2018 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after reading about The Ordinary products online, and finding it on sale at Priceline.

I don't use it every day, as I alternate between this and my Glycolic Souffle. I've noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin texture and a reduction in the number of spots I get. I use it before I put on my moisturiser in the evening, but have also used it during the day. It spreads quite thin and you don't need a lot. If you put too much on, it can feel a bit drying and funny.

There's a bit of a smell, but that disappears quite quickly.

I have taken to recommending this to friends who are looking for a cheap, do-it-all product. Give it a go and if you don't like it, all you've wasted is $10.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going through my 3rd bottle. I love this product and all the other products from The ordinary I tried until now.
I got a real skincare routine after experiencing some hormonal breakouts. I'm also taking evening primrose oil supplements, so I think my skin got better because I adopted a holistic approach.
Nevertheless, this was the first product I tried from the brand, and I felt an improvement: my pores are less visible, less clogged, my skin is more bright and a little less oily, more even. So I will be getting another bottle. This one stays.

on 3/13/2018 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This seems to be the only thing that keeps my hormonal acne at bay without irritating my skin. I only apply it to the lower half of my face though as I find it dries my skin just a tad. Highly recommend this product and I hope they never discontinue.

on 3/13/2018 12:21:00 AM

Love it. Every morning 4 drops mixed in day moisturiser and that’s it, never had a better skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I depend on this serum to keep my skin clear. As a hormonal acne sufferer, I discovered a while back that niacinamide is kind of a wonder drug for me, especially because my skin has developed a sensitivity to acids. Zinc is also awesome for calming irritation, which I get a lot of, so it's actually a great combo. I use this product every morning under rosehip oil and moisturizer. It helps with inflammation, redness, and acne, all of which are major issues for me.
Honestly what makes this product my go to is in part the price, but also the fact that it's silicone and oil free, so everything I put on top of it has a chance to work, too. The formula is really, really basic, so it plays well with a variety of textures -- just don't mix with vitamin C! All in all, I highly recommend this, and if you're still not convinced, for the price it's a worthy gamble.