Deciem The Ordinary - Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary - Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have already repurchased this.

Before I started using this each morning (I use acids at night), I had terrible cystic acne under my chin and on my neck. It was persistent and painful. It is now pretty much gone. I get the odd cystic spot and they now vanish very quickly (from overnight to a few days if I leave them alone). I have found that I have certainly broken out on days when I havent used it.

I like the spreadability if this, it sinks into the skin nicely and I find applying moisturiser/primer and foundation on top is no problem at all.

I can't rate this product enough, it's a miracle for me.

on 4/21/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

After reading all those rave reviews about niacinamide I knew I would have to add it to my regimen on my quest to "perfect" skin. Unfortunately, this did not do much at all, the formulation needs to be reworked as it would leave a white film + IT TOOK OFF MY BROWS .

on 4/21/2017 8:08:00 AM

Love this for blemishes!
I find it really works for my blemishes, it reduces the swelling and I haven't had as many break outs.
Totally recommend it!
About to buy another bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Overall, I really enjoy using this product.

I only use it at night, after my Epiduo (retina) and before my moisturizer, because it PILLS. I think a lot of people may not like this product because they are trying to wear it under makeup.

Since I only use this at night, I probably haven't received all of the benefits from it I could be receiving, so keep that in mind. Interestingly, I feel a very brief sting when I apply this on all of my open acne spots. This is weird to me because I think of Niacinamide as a soothing product, but also I like that aspect of it because it makes me feel like it is working.

I've only been using this for about a month but I have been using it pretty regularly and I'm about halfway through the bottle. I don't notice a huge difference in reduction of oiliness or pore size, but the weather is also warming up here in Santa Cruz, and my skin usually gets oiler at that time of year anyways. My acne scars have been fading a little bit faster than normal, and I do attribute some of that to this serum. However, I also think Epiduo is helping with that.

I think that if you have no niacinamide in your routine already and you're looking for a cheap way to incorporate this into your routine in a high quantity, this is perfect for you. Personally, I use a lot of CeraVe products which almost all contain Niacinamide (but I'm pretty sure in much lower amounts) The PM Moisturizer and SA Cleanser are my favorite. Because of this, my skin might not be reaping the benefits from this product as much since I was already previously using it for years. However I still really enjoy using this product, and think I will repurchase if I notice my skin declines when I run out.

on 4/16/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! My skin texture is a lot smoother because of this, and I have not experienced as many pimples as before. It absorbs easily and blends in my routine very well. Another great product from The Ordinary!

on 4/15/2017 1:12:00 PM

i love deciem, but this is one did not work for me. it left my skin red and itchy,so never again...

on 4/9/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've recently has a few spots, I put this down to being perimenopausal but reading the reviews just now, I wonder if its this serum? I bought to deal with patches of melasma, to soon to say if its working. However I can tell that on a couple blemishes, it hasn't helped heal them any quicker or remove the discolouration from them.

I've only used for a few weeks and like to use a product for 3 months to see if its worked. Using once a day, I think a bottle will last 8-12 weeks. I use Ultrasun first (took advice from Ultrasun & Deciem) and this serum pills, its bearable, but it is still noticeable.

The price point makes me want to buy it again, perhaps in combo with another of The Ordinary's serums...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My sister and I decided to try this because of the price point and hype surrounding the brand. I have used previous products from Deciem in general and haven't been too amazed but thought it was worth trying for the price.

We've solely used this product for about two-three weeks, twice a day, and haven't been too pleased. At first, it made both of our skin tones appear more even and clear. However, we started to notice a large amount of breakouts (growing continually) which can only be attributed to this product. It's a bit strange as this product is specifically marketed towards 'blemished skin' but creates pimples, as others have also mentioned.

I wouldn't recommend this if you are acne prone. Both my sister and I, had relatively clear skin prior to using this and are now left with breakouts.

on 4/4/2017 4:38:00 PM

It didn't break me out as with other people, but it increased my redness and didn't really do anything positive.

I have the new formulation of this with the carageenan and hydrogenated castor oil removed. This is a thin serum that absorbs quickly. It was very drying on my combo-dry skin and i felt like i had pilling issues with it, my moisturizer would not apply well on top. It also broke me out

The Ordinary is a cheap line from Deciem whose main focus is ingredients but i realized after trying a bunch of products from The Ordinary that i do indeed need and want a more elegant formula and texture. Ingredients are great but useless if the formulation is unpleasant or does not ultimately work, and i would pay more for better products.

Ingredients