Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.6

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 11/15/2018 2:32:00 PM

I'm writing this as a first impression review, I'll probably come back in a few days for more updates (if I don't forget). The price, very cheap and convenient, nothing new. It has an odorless, gel-like consistency that feels like a weird mucus on my skin but surprisingly, it sinks in quite fast and with a moisturizer on top, it feels nice. Now, for the part that shocked me. The redness people.....the redness subsided in less that 2 hours after using it for the FIRST TIME. The difference is shockingly obvious. I'm not talking about rosacea, I'm talking about angry, painful, itchy pimples and hyperpigmentation left from their cousins

on 10/23/2018 5:28:00 AM

Recently I`ve been trying to introduce actives and simplify my skincare regimen, not only to benefit my skin, but also because I have found that expensive products rarely perform much better than something from the drugstore. I was ecstatic that Beautybay started carrying The Ordinary, because we cannot get this in Japan. I was a bit hesitant about the Niacinamde because I have heard some people have had adverse reactions. So I started introducing it in small quantities, twice a week, then built up the frequency. My skin has been finicky the past few months, but it has loved this. I haven`t experienced any tingling, irritation, or breakouts. I apply it directly to dry skin and my skin just drinks it up. Like a sponge, I kid you not! My skin looks more hydrated and plump with this, and it meshes really well with my other products. I use this in my evening routine, after pre-treatment with Biologique Recherche P50W followed by a first treatment essence (SK-II, Amore Pacific Vintage Lotion or Missha), then when my skin has soaked those up and is relatively dry, I bring on the Niacinamide. I wait a minute or so, then use an emulsion if my skin is drier than usual, or straight to moisturizer.(Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifyante). This routine has been working really well for me as the colder weather has kicked in. Please continue to stock this, Beautybay!!!

Je souffre d'acné kystique, de points noirs et de taches blanches. Je viens juste de commencer à l'utiliser avec quelques-uns de leurs produits. Je peux officiellement dire que ce produit est le meilleur traitement spot / points noirs / pores que j'ai jamais utilisé. même après seulement quelques jours d'utilisation :).
L'étiquette de prix de ce produit m'a rendu très sceptique des critiques que j'ai lues car il était si bon marché pour ce qu'il prétend. Mais peut officiellement dire qu’il fait ce qu’il est indiqué sur la bouteille… les taches sont apparues plus souvent sur mon menton, mais si l’on lit ce produit, il est dit qu’elles peuvent s’aggraver avant d’éclaircir les choses. Une fois les spots supprimés, ils disparaissent en une journée au lieu de durer plus d'une semaine.
Je recommanderais ce produit à quiconque souffre de boutons ou de points noirs. Cela a même amélioré mes pores.

on 5/26/2018 8:37:00 PM

I really love this product BUT when it comes to The Ordinary, nothing is a one-size-fits-all kind of product. I have combination skin, t-zone is oily with visible pores and pre-menstrual acne flares, outer parts of face get a little dry and I am prone to seborrhoeic dermatitis and flaking around my nose, mouth and chin. Yes I know, sounds beautiful LOL

Anyway, as I have issues with oiliness and excess sebum production, pre-menstrual inflammatory acne lesions, and when SD appears in the summer there are hyperpigmentation issues to boot. Niacinamide, also called nicotinamide, is a variant of vitamin B3, niacin (or nicotinic acid). Applied topically in concentrations of 4% daily for 4 weeks, studies in Japanese women found consistently reduced rates of sebum production, decreased number of inflammatory acne lesions, and improvement in pigmentation issues. It's great stuff, and has certainly helped my skin look less oily and blotchy while reducing both the number of spots and the length of time they stay red and angry on my face. Best of all, it's quite cheap - I like TO's one since it's £5 for 30mls at 10% strength, whereas the Freederm gel is £5 for 10g of 4% strength. But still, it won't break the bank if you were to buy that one instead. I use this one just because I get the most for cheapest, and I like the little pipette design so I can mix a few drops into my moisturiser. I'm not convinced the addition of zinc does much but it is known to have antibacterial properties so maybe it is some help, who knows.

Most people will tolerate niacinamide well, but some people are sensitive to the niacin/nicotinic acid forms and this can cause flushing and irritation on the skin of some people. Niacinamide can be partially converted into niacin on the skin if it comes into contact with acids, like vitamin C treatments - or even naturally occurring ones in the skin's acid mantle. It's only a tiny amount but for people sensitive to it, it can cause the unpleasant symptoms noted above, and is why niacinamide doesn't agree with everyone.

So yes, some people will want to give niacinamide a miss. At least it is fairly cheap so you won't be left too out of pocket if it doesn't agree with you. Worth trying if you have issues with oily skin, inflammatory acne, or pigmentation issues and want to see if it helps!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going through my 3rd bottle. I love this product and all the other products from The ordinary I tried until now.
I got a real skincare routine after experiencing some hormonal breakouts. I'm also taking evening primrose oil supplements, so I think my skin got better because I adopted a holistic approach.
Nevertheless, this was the first product I tried from the brand, and I felt an improvement: my pores are less visible, less clogged, my skin is more bright and a little less oily, more even. So I will be getting another bottle. This one stays.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

that's my second bottle of this. I've been using it for almost 1.5 years. I usually put it in the evenings on the areas that have spots or all over the face, the next day the redness disappears and the spots heal so much faster.
absorbs quickly, no smell, I put a serum (or other treatments like retinoid, lactic acid or other), a moisturizer and some oil sometimes over this. amazing stuff that really works for me and a great price.

on 12/11/2017 3:29:00 PM

This is amazing stuff and for $6 I am impressed. I suffer from adult acne. I bought this at the Abnormal Beauty Company and haven’t looked back since. My skin cleared in two days using this serum with a Retinoid. All that’s left are some scars, which I will report back on.

My regime with 15min between each step:
AM: Vitamin C with hyaluronic acid, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.
PM: Niacinamide 10%, Granactive Retinoid 2%, Cosrx snail mucin, moisturiser.

on 11/15/2017 4:05:00 AM

I'm using several products from The Ordinary range, plus I'm back on the pill for a few months now so I cannot give credit to one product in particular, but my skin has cleared up something amazing. It could be entirely from the pill alone, but I doubt it.

Niacinamide has been shown to improve acne, zinc helps the healing process. This has high concentrations of both. You may find it irritating, in which case, use it less frequently or don't use it. In any case, it's good value for money.

on 10/29/2017 12:42:00 PM

Great under makeup before primer. Keeps my combo yet sensitive skin matte all day.