Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.5

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

The Ordinary's Niacinamide and Zinc Serum is an affordable gel-like liquid that contains a proven blemish fighter in the ingredient niacinamide and an unproven zinc. The research is definitely limited in terms of zinc's benefits to skin and blemish fighting powers. I love that this is fragrance free and affordable. I've been using this morning and night but for anyone that hasn't used niacinamide before definitely start out slow because it can cause a little bit of a sting until your skin gets used to it. I did notice a bit of a purging period after I began using it but after that I think this really helped my skin prevent breakouts. This does dry pretty tacky so you might want to follow with another serum or moisturizer. My more detailed review is here:

that's my second bottle of this. I've been using it for almost 1.5 years. I usually put it in the evenings on the areas that have spots or all over the face, the next day the redness disappears and the spots heal so much faster.
absorbs quickly, no smell, I put a serum (or other treatments like retinoid, lactic acid or other), a moisturizer and some oil sometimes over this. amazing stuff that really works for me and a great price.

on 1/4/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for about two months now and I absolutely love it! I have dehydrated, clog-prone skin with an uneven skintone which I treat with retin-a since 1 1/2 years (i LOVE retin-a I am 35 years old and I have less fine lines than I had when I was 27 because of the retin-a). Since I do sometimes still get redness and peeling from the actives I use, I was looking for something to strengthen my skin and my derm recommended niacinamide to me. I started using olay moisturizers with spf in the mornings and I noticed that my skin did heal a lot quicker and was a lot more even toned. I wanted to up my dose of niacinamide so I decided to buy Paulas Choice Niacinamide Booster which I didn't like at all. it dried out my skin, even when mixed together with my olay moisturizer. I have waited a long time to finally try the ordinary`s niacinamide since I was scared that too much niacinamide just isn't for my skin. I was wrong. I LOVE this little affordable serum. it really evens out my skin so much, it kind of makes it look almost airbrushed. I use it on bare skin in the mornings under my moisturizer. I do wait for about 5 minutes before I apply my moisturizer, this way it won´t ball up at all! I also apply it under the ordinary`s squalane at night when I don't use my retin-a and I wake up to creamy, even-toned skin. I also feel that it helps with collagen since I also apply it underneath my eyes and I can't see any lines at all! I will definitely repurchase, I really enjoy this one! no clogging from this either! OH AND my skin is dehydrated but it still gets oily during the day. the oiliness is so much better with this product, it looks nice and glowy, not shiny anymore! I recommend to try to anyone with my skintype and/or age!

Update: I have been to my old work place yesterday and went to their restroom where they have a mirror which has HORRIBLE lighting, I HATED looking in there since my uneven skin texture would almost throw shadows lol (I once looked at my butt in it and i was traumatized for weeks and signed myself up in 2 fitness studios.. so... off topic but girls and guys, lighting matters SOO much when looking at yourself in the mirror so don't be too hard on yourself you probably look 100 x better in real life :) ) ANYWAYS when I washed my hands I did a double take! My face looked so so so much better than what it used to in this darn mirror! 70 percent more even textured and I dare to say 85 percent more even colored and I was only wearing a little concealer and powder and I used to wear a lot of foundation! please try this product, it is so inexpensive and if it works, it works WONDERS!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Attention to anyone who loves La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo: this is a great alternative and at a fraction of the price. Niacinamide and zinc are one of the top few ingredients in Effaclar Duo so this is a wonderful dupe of sorts. Of course, this doesn't moisturise so much as the effaclar duo, so an extra step might be required.

My skin loves niacinamide as an anti-acne solution, much more than salicylic acid or tea tree or any of the other usual ingredients touted as acne solutions, so this is absolutely perfect for me. It sinks in like a serum, helps with hyper pigmentation and evening out my skin tone, keeps acne away, doesn't clog up pores or make my skin feel heavy, the price and packaging is great, what's not to love?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. It's a great basic serum for refining pores and pigmentation. Don't expect overnight results like some exfoliants and vitamin C formulas provide. It requires 3-6 weeks to see improvement, but I feel like it's a very worthwhile addition to my daytime routine.

on 12/30/2017 12:01:00 PM

I don’t know why this is not rated higher honestly. You have to be consistent with it. I am oily and acne prone with hormonal acne. This serum has done wonders in making my skin just overall look younger and brighter. I don’t know if it has helped my acne but I think it does help oil control. It’s really light, feels great on the skin. Just make sure you let it sink in before moving onto the next step. I use this immediately after cleansing, let it sink in and then I apply any medications or moisturizer. I really love this product and the company!

I'm onto my second bottle of this serum now. I love it, it heals my acne and makes it look less severe, even the angry, painful cystic zits spend less time on my face, adds a bit of extra hydration to my face and it's fragrance free!

My only issue with it is that I wish it had a pump style bottle, while the dropper is nice, sometimes I get too much product or I fear spilling it on my bathroom counter.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WOW!!! I was so skeptical of this serum. For something for under $10 with all these claims.....I was on the fence about this one. I use it only during the day along with a moisturizing SPF. This definitely keeps my skin looking balanced and my pores don't stick out like sore thumbs. As far as the skin glow.....it definitely makes my skin glow. A nice lovely glow. As far as making it look less congested. That has yet to be seen as I have yet used it long enough but I definitely plan on repurchasing this serum again and again. Can't beat the price point.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I began using this to treat some spots that I had in my face. I'm 53, no wrinkles at all, normal skin. At the time I began using it (past January) I also had some rosacea areas, that I had treated with an antibiotic cream with some success (some rosacea remained after the prescribed treatment). Well, this stuff made my sun spots less noticeable, but I keep buying and buying it (I'm in my third bottle) because it made the rosacea disappear completely.
Just a few drops work, don't use too much or it will ball. It's a great product for a more than fair price. Highly recommended.