Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My skin is not sensitive and no product I have ever used has broken me out before, but within a few days I broke out heavily all across my face with painful pimples. I have oily combination skin and thought it might have been purging but after reading other reviews I realised that it was causing these pimples out of nowhere. I stopped using it after 2 weeks and my skin returned to its normal state. While I love the packaging and price, this product was so terrible for my skin.

Foams up on contact w skin and did nothing. Cerave Pm is more effective

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not have sensitive skin and couldn't believe the reaction I had to this (I should've read the reviews!) This gave me tiny, itchy oily bumps all over my forehead and chinline. It made me itch so bad I nearly bled from itching the rash. The little bumps were tiny white zits under the surface that couldn't be popped. I stopped using it for a month and then applied it only on the left side of my neck just to make sure it was this product, and It gave me itchy zits in my NECK! This does contain chlorphenesin which is a synthetic preservative actually banned in countries like Japan :/

on 5/28/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Knowing about chemistry a little and how expensive good materials are, it makes me question how does this become so cheap? What is missing here? I got one just out of curiosity and complete mess, clogged skin and break outs. Niacinamide is not supposed to do that. Weird. I am not liking this brand at all.. Pass

For some reason there are two pages for this product on MakeUpAlley so I am copying my review from the other page:

As other reviewers have said, this contains carrageenan, which they don't have listed on their site!! But it says so right on the box. Carrageenan does not cause skin issues for everybody, but I find it very concerning that it is missing from the website's list of ingredients. Also like some of the other reviewers, I too first noticed positive changes in my skin (skin clearing) followed by the worst breakout I've had in a long time. All over my face! By my eyebrows, on my cheeks, by my nose, lips, chin. Places I never get acne (as well as problem areas). I exfoliate very regularly so this was not a purge. This is the second product I've used from this company and both times went horribly wrong so I am done trying with them. Bad skin reactions, filtered reviews on their website as well as ingredients in their products that aren't listed in the ingredient lists on their website....no thanks.

I did not like this at all. During the first two days of use my skin was glowing, clear and looked more even then it had before. I thought I had hit the jackpot with this. But then by the end of the week my face was a clogged mess. I broke out over my entire face in under the skin bumps. They were large and they were noticeable. It was the only new product I had started so I knew it had to be this as sad as it was. Its cheap so its worth a shot if it will work for you, but I wouldn't use it if you are acne prone. I even tried to use it on my arms as a moisturizer because I hate wasting products and it gave me a rash. Shame it didn't work

on 5/5/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try The Ordinary products and may have went a bit overboard buying them because they were so cheap. I am a little annoyed I bought two of these bottles because I won't be using the second one. I had a similar experience to another reviewer saying that at first it made my skin tone appear less red and more even/clear, but then I started getting painful cysts/nodules on my face. I would say this all started happening about 2 weeks into using this product daily. I've been using the Effaclar system with pretty great results, but wanted something extra just to help with some redness and scarring. Although BP works for me, I do hate the bleaching/drying aspect of it and was looking for an alternative that would help keep me clear.

I do not recommend this if you have acne prone skin. I am currently now dealing with a huge scar from one of the worst cysts of my life after using this product. The 3 other nodules on my face are finally healing after discontinuing use from this product. I also thought perhaps it was something else breaking me out, so I put this product on my neck only and lo and behold, huge zit on my neck where I usually never break out.

I'm sure there's a reason these products are so inexpensive and it's probably because they don't actually work and haven't actually been really tested on anyone yet.

on 5/5/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Truly horrendous breakouts on my acne-prone skin. I persisted with this for 2 weeks just to make sure it wasn't a purge-type reaction, but my skin just got worse and worse. The whole texture of my face became flaky, bumpy, irritated and red, and was covered in itchy pimples. Thankfully it was cheap enough that I could throw it away without feeling too put out.