Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

I have the new formulation of this with the carageenan and hydrogenated castor oil removed. This is a thin serum that absorbs quickly. It was very drying on my combo-dry skin and i felt like i had pilling issues with it, my moisturizer would not apply well on top. It also broke me out

The Ordinary is a cheap line from Deciem whose main focus is ingredients but i realized after trying a bunch of products from The Ordinary that i do indeed need and want a more elegant formula and texture. Ingredients are great but useless if the formulation is unpleasant or does not ultimately work, and i would pay more for better products.

Ingredients

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My sister and I decided to try this because of the price point and hype surrounding the brand. I have used previous products from Deciem in general and haven't been too amazed but thought it was worth trying for the price.

We've solely used this product for about two-three weeks, twice a day, and haven't been too pleased. At first, it made both of our skin tones appear more even and clear. However, we started to notice a large amount of breakouts (growing continually) which can only be attributed to this product. It's a bit strange as this product is specifically marketed towards 'blemished skin' but creates pimples, as others have also mentioned.

I wouldn't recommend this if you are acne prone. Both my sister and I, had relatively clear skin prior to using this and are now left with breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

My skin is super oily, acne prone and sensitive. Been using this serum every single night for about 3 weeks now. I saw some improvement on my dark spots from previous acne and my overall skin tone is more even. It did nothing to my pores tho. The most significant improvement from using this I would say is the texture of my skin. I can say that this stuff makes my skin feel smoother and softer and I love that! However, like some of the reviews here, this thing broke me out. I keep getting a spot here and there during the time I use this. I personally think that it is CARRAGEENAN in it that caused the problems. They did not even put carrageenan on the ingredients list on their website and I have no clue why! but if you look closely at the box that it comes with, you will see carrageenan as the 6th ingredient on the list. The reason I bought this serum in the first place was that when I looked at the ingredients list on their website I spotted nothing that will mess up my skin. Well, if your skin happens to react badly with carrageenan like my skin does, I'd say you should skip this one.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not have sensitive skin and couldn't believe the reaction I had to this (I should've read the reviews!) This gave me tiny, itchy oily bumps all over my forehead and chinline. It made me itch so bad I nearly bled from itching the rash. The little bumps were tiny white zits under the surface that couldn't be popped. I stopped using it for a month and then applied it only on the left side of my neck just to make sure it was this product, and It gave me itchy zits in my NECK! This does contain chlorphenesin which is a synthetic preservative actually banned in countries like Japan :/

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product really seems to be either hit or miss based on skin type. I know some people have experienced terrible breakouts after using this and I too got a big cystic pimple after the first time using it as well. After about a week, I decided to give it another shot and I'm very glad that I did.

I have very dry skin, but get hormonal acne around my period on my chin/jawline. I'm also prone to getting a lot of sebaceous filaments on my chin all the time. After using this on my chin daily and spot treating areas of other breakouts for about two months, I've noticed a substantial improvement in my skin. I no longer have sebaceous filaments on my chin and my hormonal acne, which normally consists of one or two cystic pimples, has been largely eradicated. This past month I only got one small surface pimple that I was able to clear up after a day.

I will definitely keep using this. Given the price point, its definitely worth checking out.

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

on 5/5/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try The Ordinary products and may have went a bit overboard buying them because they were so cheap. I am a little annoyed I bought two of these bottles because I won't be using the second one. I had a similar experience to another reviewer saying that at first it made my skin tone appear less red and more even/clear, but then I started getting painful cysts/nodules on my face. I would say this all started happening about 2 weeks into using this product daily. I've been using the Effaclar system with pretty great results, but wanted something extra just to help with some redness and scarring. Although BP works for me, I do hate the bleaching/drying aspect of it and was looking for an alternative that would help keep me clear.

I do not recommend this if you have acne prone skin. I am currently now dealing with a huge scar from one of the worst cysts of my life after using this product. The 3 other nodules on my face are finally healing after discontinuing use from this product. I also thought perhaps it was something else breaking me out, so I put this product on my neck only and lo and behold, huge zit on my neck where I usually never break out.

I'm sure there's a reason these products are so inexpensive and it's probably because they don't actually work and haven't actually been really tested on anyone yet.

on 3/14/2017 9:48:00 AM

I'm not sure this did anything good, but it also didn't do anything bad. It's an easily absorbed clear serum that focuses on adding Niacinamide and Zinc to your skin, which are good for overall skin health and clarity. Full disclosure, I am wary of Niacinamide since it's Vitamin B3 and I have an *extreme* reaction to anything containing Panthenol (B5), but this didn't break me out at all. So that's good. I have had success with ingesting Zinc, too, which is why I was interested in this serum. I'm focusing on refining skin texture and reducing the look of my pores right now and this didn't do anything for those issues. I will say that it is a pretty good mattifier, and every serum I've tried from this brand could almost stand alone as a moisturizer for my oily yet dehydrated skin.

The Ordinary warns not to use this in conjuction with Vitamin C products (niacinamide affects the integrity of Vit C, according to their site). Just FYI.

Obviously, your mileage may vary. There is a very simple ingredient list and I say give this product a try if you're intrigued. You're only down $5.90 if you don't like it. If you have a reaction to this serum, you might want to look into whether or not it's a Vitamin B thing. Once I figured out my skin hates Panthenol, I have **completely** eliminated my acne.

Ingredients

on 6/19/2017 2:56:00 PM

I'm halfway through my first bottle of this serum and I can say that it has helped my skin 100%. My pores are smaller, I have basically zero acne, I'm much less oily and the overall appearance is brighter and smoother. I use it in combination with The Buffet serum every morning and have had no irritation at all. I'm so glad to have found something that makes my 35 year old skin look amazeballs. And the fact that it's only a few dollars doesn't hurt either.

on 5/18/2017 12:19:00 AM

I'm in my 30s and have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. I have been using this serum right after cleansing every night for 2 weeks. I noticed that my pores are smaller, there is less congestion on my face, and it has helped with hormonal acne about 30%.

I did notice some peeling but it was very slight. I also do follow this product with "Buffet" but was skipping my moisturizer.

Overall I can see myself using this product long term. It's nothing that will give you amazing or instant results. However it has improved my skin about 30% which is a lot more than most products have done for my skin.