Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.6

In less than two weeks this transformed my skin completely! It feels a bit sticky and tacky, also stings my skin a bit still. I always follow up with a moisturizer, since this doesn't leave me feeling quenched. However, the long term results are amazing; significantly less breakouts, less visible pores, less redness of skin, and most amazingly: has faded many of my acne scars on my cheeks. I will purchase this until I die, and recommend it to anyone with congested skin issues. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a life saver!
I put 4 in packaging, since it's very difficult to get the remaining product out. A pump suspension would be great.

I uploaded a photo of my "before and after", which is from using the following products: Salicylic Acid 2%, Lactic Acid 10%, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Granactive Retinoid 5%, Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% and AHA 30% + BHA 2%.
I put it up on this product, since I definitely see it working wonders on my acne scars and blemishes, which you can clearly see (no photoshop!). It's a HG product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

on 1/23/2018 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

One day after using this serum for 2 months I caught a glimpse of my face in a mirror at the drugstore one day and was both delighted and dismayed. Why? While it does lighten very well, in fact, I could not see my melasma at all but my skin was so so dry. This serum has zinc and that's not so great for someone with dehydration prone skin. Niacinamide is extremely effective on melasma and I recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin. My skin felt smooth but it looked textured and my pores were HUGE because my skin was so dehydrated. I've moved on to Holy Snails will do a review on that in March 2018

on 1/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have had mild acne at times and have been using this for two weeks, I had decided to try this along with the AHA BHA peel. Since I started using I have developed two incredibly painful cysts in places I've never had (just above top lip and a cm under my eye) along with a dozen other pimples scattered across my face. My skin didn't have any breakouts prior to using either. I don't know what this is but it isn't a purge. My skin also feels awful like the texture is rough. Sadly I need to discontinue. I really wanted this to work :(

on 1/22/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is ok for the price. However, I'm not 100% sold on the efficacy of the formula. It doesn't seem well formulated at all, not that I expected much for under $6. It feels quite sticky and tacky on my skin despite only using one or two drops. Anything I layer over it doesn't absorb into my skin and remains sticky as well. I found that over time it dried out my skin which made it more oily (my skin is oily/reactive and prone to dehydration, clogged pores, and acne). A plus is that it didn't cause any breakouts. I'll continue to use and update after I've used the entire bottle.

on 1/21/2018 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First, I have combination skin and I am a medium brown skin tone with a few sunspots and scars. I am sharing this post because I had to learn through mistakes on how to properly use this product. So hope this helps.

Initially, I would clean my face and put two or three drops directly onto my skin and massage it in. My skin looked dry, dull and flaky as a result as the product was too strong.

I went back to the deciem store and had to ask what I was doing wrong. Apparently, you don't put this product directly onto your skin! ( well no one told me...) here are the steps: 1. You put two drops on your palms. 2. Rub your palms together 3. Pat the product onto your skin. That said, I ended up picking up a hyulauranic acid during my trip to the store as it helps the skin retain moisture and niacinamide absorbs into the skin better. My routine now is first hyularanic then the niacinamide followed by my face cream. So here goes: step 1. 2-3 drops of hyulauronic acid on my palm 2. Rub palms together 3. Pat product onto face. Give it a few seconds to sink in. Then follow the same process for niacinamide. After about a min, apply your face cream as your normally would. My skin looks so refreshed and my scars are down by 70%! Cheers...hope this helps!

on 1/13/2018 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this serum because I was interested in a niacinamide product to replace my Cerave PM Moisturiser, which is extraordinarily difficult to find in the UK.

The price is fantastic on the serum (as with all The Ordinary products) and I love the aesthetic of the packaging because the fussy, pink extraness of so many other brands just turns me off. I use this after washing and applying a retinoic acid in the pm or a vitamin c serum in the am - this is the same step in my routine that I would use the Cerave. I found this to be a fine replacement for the Cerave. When I switched to this there was a slight improvement in the softness of my skin and no worsening of any other issues - so it is at least as efficacious as the more expensive moisturiser. However, I was not a fan of the texture of this serum - it is quite thick (it could not be used at an earlier stage in my routine) so I had to use about half a pipette to spread it comfortably - that amounts to a fair bit of product and I would estimate a bottle to last about a month. The SAs in the store suggested patting in a few drops and you can definitely use less product if you do that, but the thickness makes it hard to spread by patting and the product is quite tacky so patting it in is not a particularly pleasant experience. No matter how I applied it I found it to leave a tacky feel. This also did not play well with other products and would cause moisturiser to pill on top.

Overall this product worked and I finished about 3/4 of the bottle. I would recommend it to others as the lowest price efficacious niacinamide that I have ever used, but there are other products I prefer for the same step and I would not purchase again for myself.

I think The Ordinary is great if you want to try out specific actives without lots of extra ingredients or want something that works for a minimal cost. I am totally into the naming convention they use and vastly prefer the no nonsense frankness to the jargon and fluff other brands use. I have tried a few of their products; I love and continue to use their oils. I plan to try The Buffet serum and NIOD Copper Peptides next.

on 1/8/2018 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This stuff is the devil! Clearly my skin reacts poorly to Niacinamide because this product felt like it ruined my skin for an annoying length of time. After one use, my skin became rough in texture in a rash like fashion. And while I can normally fix my skin on my own, I had to seek out professional care to try and fix the mess this caused. It took about a month of TLC and being extra gentle before I was back to normal but I'm steering clear of niacinamide from now on. I should add I had a sneaking suspicion I had issues with this ingredient after using a product that contained it some years ago and experiencing some irritation but nothing like this time. Great price and reputation of the brand. This was just not for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the poster below me, I too have a bad reaction to the high levels of niacinamide in this product. It's simply too much for my skin to handle and it breaks me out in rash-like acne that is difficult to treat. I say definitely do a patch test with this stuff before applying it to your entire face. I love the Ordinary and other products of theirs are hg status for me! Too bad this didn't work for me.