Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 1/23/2019 9:27:00 AM

I suffer for bad acne on my cheeks and have had acne for 7 years. Now im left with more flat red scares and some bumps and this product has really helped flatten the bumps and reduce redness!

I’ve been using this for over 2 months now, and it works quite well for me. It only helps to reduce sebum a little bit but it really does help with fading left over hyperpigmentation (which is my main concern).

After a face picking session triggered by stress (which is bad, I know), I wash my face and put this on. Usually, the places I picked will be red and inflamed the next morning but this serum really tones them down. Now they tend to be a bit red, but barely inflamed.

I find the texture of this serum to be weirdly slippery, which I don’t like. I fix this by mixing 5-6 drops of this with 8-9 drops of my toner/essence (Cezanne Skin Conditioner High Moist). The mixture applies and spreads really nicely, causing no pilling.

Side note: if your skin becomes red or itchy after using this, you might have a niacinamide sensitivity. Maybe try mixing this serum with an essence or your moisturizer instead of putting it straight onto your face to see if it helps.

Overall, I will repurchase this for sure. It’s affordable and it works well for me. Using this along with The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution keeps my acne in check, with my skintone even and smooth. Definitely recommended if you are looking for a cheap niacinamide product.

on 1/23/2019 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'll start with the pros. It works well with the ascorbyl glucoside to remove *recent* acne scars or PIH. It reduces redness too.

It doesn't really work by itself for me, it caused some cystic acne which sets back my treatment against hyperpigmentation. It doesn't help the sun damage and long term hyperpigmentation patches I have.

There's nothing to rave about and I found decent ordinary products that work better without causing acne (glycolic toner 7%).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is my second tube of this stuff. I like it. I use it to prevent/ reduce acne. In my mind zinc is for acne prevention and it appear to do that well. It's pretty affordable as well.

on 1/19/2019 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Used this for a while and it caused whiteheads on my chin and seemed to make my skin worse. I loved the immediate gooey-dewy look that it gave my skin, but that would dry out pretty quickly. Also, strangely enough, made my skin flush after applying. Don't think this really helped my skin at all. Expected it to be the best thing based on reviews.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very intresting product. When I started using it, I found a bit of shining on the skin, it was because of the product's stickiness. I actually kinda liked it.
But upon regular application, it only made my skin irritated and red.
Benfits, I don't think there was any after using it for 3 weeks.

on 1/11/2019 12:16:00 AM

I wanted this The Ordinary product to work so badly since it was at a great price point and packaging was simple. However, it didn't help my breakouts and seemed to irritate my sensitive skin (which may have led to more breakouts).

on 1/8/2019 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of my first TO product and I've been using it almost everyday since it was released in 2016. My skin is acne prone and this helps reduce breakouts. I'm not sure how. It's supposed to be for brightening but I also use vitamin C regularly so not sure about its effectiveness at brightening. The price is unbeatable. I've gone through probably 10 bottles and will always repurchase. No complaints about packaging. Highly recommend.

on 12/31/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really do not like this product. It has not ruined my face but at the same time it did nothing to improve it. I keep hoping that it would minimize the acne, it did not. I also hope it would reduce the oiliness of my face, it did not. All it did was lightening up my bank account and take up space in my bathroom cabinet. I don't doubt that it helped others in improving their skin but I am mad that there wasn't even a modicum of improvement in mine. I have used this for three months, once in the morning. This is going back.

on 12/29/2018 12:16:00 PM

My skin type: oily but prone to dehydration, large pores, texture issues, sensitive. I bought this product in hopes of reducing the appearance of my pores and I have to say it delivered! I mix a few drops in with the Hada Labo premium lotion and apply to a damp face. Then, when my skin is still slightly damp, I add rosehip oil and then a moisturizer. When I wake up my pores look better and I notice better overall clarity as well. I use about 2 or 3 times a week at night (my skin is sensitive and I don't use this on nights I use a retinol or aha). I'm picky about skincare but this product has "made the cut" to be incorporated into my regular routine.