Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by age: 44-55
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

2.8

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Big, giant cystic breakouts o my chin. No, thanks!

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA

on 9/5/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

This one was middle-of-the-road for me. I think it did calm my skin somewhat and I noticed that I've stopped having acne. However, that could also be due to the retinol. Since I have so many skincare products, more than I can possibly use up, I think I would prefer having niacinamide as part of a different product, instead of having to use one separately (thus increasing the length of my skincare regime.)

on 7/26/2018 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product, when used all over my face, made me break out badly. However, if I just dab a bit on the sun spots on my face, I have great luck with it. I've been using it since January 2018 and I have seen the dark spots become lighter over time. It isn't miraculous, you won't see a difference in one day, but it definitely works and the price can't be beat.

I won't buy this product again because I plan on trying Deciem's RE: Pigment next to see how it works on the dark spots on my face.

on 7/23/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never had issues with niacinimide before, but this burnt my face. I had some minor irritation the first time I tried it. I waited two days and reapplied again last night with HA serum and moisturizer over top. I literally had to get up at 1 am and wash my face. My skin is red and hugely irritated (not breakouts, not an allergic rash, just red and burnt with little dry patches all over what had been really good skin). Despite what they say, this is clearly not suitable for sensitive skin.

on 6/4/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I so wanted to like this! But it breaks me out every time. I get huge cysts and red pimples with white heads all over my face.
So far it is the only The Ordinary product I don't like

I ordered this as a last resort for hormonal adult acne since people were recommending it. It made it even worse! My face was completely full of whiteheads and under the skin rough texture bumps. I let my teenage daughter use it since it didn’t work for me. It also broke her out all over her forehead with the rough texture bumps. Horrible! Do not recommend!!!

on 3/13/2018 12:21:00 AM

Love it. Every morning 4 drops mixed in day moisturiser and that’s it, never had a better skin!

on 3/3/2018 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is SO good for my skin. It;s basically vitamin B in a bottle. LOVE it...and the price is amazing

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I began using this to treat some spots that I had in my face. I'm 53, no wrinkles at all, normal skin. At the time I began using it (past January) I also had some rosacea areas, that I had treated with an antibiotic cream with some success (some rosacea remained after the prescribed treatment). Well, this stuff made my sun spots less noticeable, but I keep buying and buying it (I'm in my third bottle) because it made the rosacea disappear completely.
Just a few drops work, don't use too much or it will ball. It's a great product for a more than fair price. Highly recommended.