Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 36-43
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.8

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 10/23/2018 5:28:00 AM

Recently I`ve been trying to introduce actives and simplify my skincare regimen, not only to benefit my skin, but also because I have found that expensive products rarely perform much better than something from the drugstore. I was ecstatic that Beautybay started carrying The Ordinary, because we cannot get this in Japan. I was a bit hesitant about the Niacinamde because I have heard some people have had adverse reactions. So I started introducing it in small quantities, twice a week, then built up the frequency. My skin has been finicky the past few months, but it has loved this. I haven`t experienced any tingling, irritation, or breakouts. I apply it directly to dry skin and my skin just drinks it up. Like a sponge, I kid you not! My skin looks more hydrated and plump with this, and it meshes really well with my other products. I use this in my evening routine, after pre-treatment with Biologique Recherche P50W followed by a first treatment essence (SK-II, Amore Pacific Vintage Lotion or Missha), then when my skin has soaked those up and is relatively dry, I bring on the Niacinamide. I wait a minute or so, then use an emulsion if my skin is drier than usual, or straight to moisturizer.(Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifyante). This routine has been working really well for me as the colder weather has kicked in. Please continue to stock this, Beautybay!!!

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.

on 1/22/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is ok for the price. However, I'm not 100% sold on the efficacy of the formula. It doesn't seem well formulated at all, not that I expected much for under $6. It feels quite sticky and tacky on my skin despite only using one or two drops. Anything I layer over it doesn't absorb into my skin and remains sticky as well. I found that over time it dried out my skin which made it more oily (my skin is oily/reactive and prone to dehydration, clogged pores, and acne). A plus is that it didn't cause any breakouts. I'll continue to use and update after I've used the entire bottle.

on 10/29/2017 12:42:00 PM

Great under makeup before primer. Keeps my combo yet sensitive skin matte all day.

on 4/15/2017 1:12:00 PM

i love deciem, but this is one did not work for me. it left my skin red and itchy,so never again...

Video Reviews & Tutorials