Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.7

on 12/5/2017 8:18:00 AM

I use this daily with TO's Alpha Arbutin and MAP. It was originally considered as part of a hyperpigmentation routine but I find it amazing at controlling oiliness and shine. I've been using it now for around 8-9 months and the difference at the end of the day is quite significant and just keeps improving with time. In conjunction with the AA the hyperpigmentation is also fading. I don't get any breakout or reaction, I don't notice any real smell, and I'm happy with how it feels on my skin (unmemorable, just absorbs really). I go through it fairly quickly, around a bottle a month-6 weeks, but I use everything all the way from my hairline to my cleavage (or what passes for it) so I do tend to use more. Really happy with it, part of my routine and will continue to use it.

on 11/30/2017 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I'm a dry skinned girl, not at all acne prone so I have added this into my skincare routine just to increase all round skin health. I find that it does help my pores being refined and leave my skin feeling overall hydrated, soft and healthy. I have repurchased serveral times and will continue to do so.

on 11/21/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the third Niacinamide product I try, but I realize this ingredient is not for me. My skin does not like this at all. It’s a nono near the eyes (makes the area sooo dry) and the same for my chin, but the area around my nose seems to cope the best - and makes my pores less visible. But it comes with a flaky skin prize. Won’t buy again 😔

on 11/4/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've had great luck with this product. Recently I'd been experiencing breakouts and noticed some large pores; I've loved everything I've tried from The Ordinary so I decided to try this treatment. Not only have my breakouts almost completely cleared up in the one week I've been using this, but the overall texture of my skin has improved so, so much. My skin looks smoother and clearer and is BABY SOFT. And I've literally only used one single drop of it per day. I mix one drop into my moisturizer, apply and let sink in for 30 minutes before doing my makeup. I haven't noticed a change in the size of my pores but I know how difficult it is to shrink pores and I'm so happy with the performance of this product otherwise that I don't even mind. It helps that the bottle will last me ages and cost $5.90. I'm so happy I tried it!

on 10/29/2017 12:42:00 PM

Great under makeup before primer. Keeps my combo yet sensitive skin matte all day.

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

Foams up on contact w skin and did nothing. Cerave Pm is more effective

on 5/25/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my 2nd bottle of this, and I use it every 2nd day, sometimes daily depending on when I use vitamin c. At night, I use it with the Azelaic serum and then pat some argan oil across my face and neck.

I have pretty clear skin these days aside from monthly and hormonal spurts of acne. Im 39, but my 30s has been fraught with hormonal acne and angry skin, probably in relation to inflammation and hormonal ssues related to endometriosis.

I do have some hyperpigmentation and melasma under my eyes. I have to say, this serum has made a difference in my pigmentation issues. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my melasma completely, but this serum has helped a little when used with the Azelaic. I also have noticed a big reduction in hormonal and other acne overall and barely use foundation. A touch of concealer and a bit of pressed powder is all I really need to use these days.

The serum comes in a frosty 30 ml bottle with a dropper, it dries down nicely and helps with my oily parts. I definitely moisturize after using, either with Sensibio Rolerance + and then sunscreen, or with argan oil at night. I use about 3 drops, and using twice daily, I'd use a bottle a month. The way I'm using it, a bottle lasts me 2. I am on my 2nd bottle and have a 3rd for backup.
I love most of the things I've tried from this brand, aside from the natural moisturizing factors, but I think the fatty alcohols were what made my skin cranky. The cost is right, and as someone with reactive skin and cosmetic sensitivity to so many ingredients, I love being able to use something I can layer, that has minimal ingredients and no added fragrance.

I am always surprised at the opposite opinions on some products. Obviously skincare is something really individual, but from my experience one needs to be patient and consistent. And products can't work by themselves, they need to be combined with something else, introduced gradually and so on. I use this product in the morning cocktailing it with the alpha-arbutin from the same company. I use acids in the evening. Because of the high concentration of niacinamide I had to introduce it slowly to my skincare routine and at first I used it after my morning serum because if used together with the arbutin, it would burn my skin a little. I got used to it in a matter of a week. I've been using it for about a month, and although it is extremely difficult to see a difference in the skin complexion when looking at myself everyday in the mirror, I can definitely say that the sun spots I have on my forehead are starting to break. It is true that I am using other "whitening" products, but I can say for sure that the biggest difference I've seen is after introducing these two products in my routine. And knowing that melasma is extremely stubborn, it will take awhile to really clear my skin (as much as possible).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have already repurchased this.

Before I started using this each morning (I use acids at night), I had terrible cystic acne under my chin and on my neck. It was persistent and painful. It is now pretty much gone. I get the odd cystic spot and they now vanish very quickly (from overnight to a few days if I leave them alone). I have found that I have certainly broken out on days when I havent used it.

I like the spreadability if this, it sinks into the skin nicely and I find applying moisturiser/primer and foundation on top is no problem at all.

I can't rate this product enough, it's a miracle for me.