Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.1

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

Foams up on contact w skin and did nothing. Cerave Pm is more effective

on 5/25/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my 2nd bottle of this, and I use it every 2nd day, sometimes daily depending on when I use vitamin c. At night, I use it with the Azelaic serum and then pat some argan oil across my face and neck.

I have pretty clear skin these days aside from monthly and hormonal spurts of acne. Im 39, but my 30s has been fraught with hormonal acne and angry skin, probably in relation to inflammation and hormonal ssues related to endometriosis.

I do have some hyperpigmentation and melasma under my eyes. I have to say, this serum has made a difference in my pigmentation issues. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my melasma completely, but this serum has helped a little when used with the Azelaic. I also have noticed a big reduction in hormonal and other acne overall and barely use foundation. A touch of concealer and a bit of pressed powder is all I really need to use these days.

The serum comes in a frosty 30 ml bottle with a dropper, it dries down nicely and helps with my oily parts. I definitely moisturize after using, either with Sensibio Rolerance + and then sunscreen, or with argan oil at night. I use about 3 drops, and using twice daily, I'd use a bottle a month. The way I'm using it, a bottle lasts me 2. I am on my 2nd bottle and have a 3rd for backup.
I love most of the things I've tried from this brand, aside from the natural moisturizing factors, but I think the fatty alcohols were what made my skin cranky. The cost is right, and as someone with reactive skin and cosmetic sensitivity to so many ingredients, I love being able to use something I can layer, that has minimal ingredients and no added fragrance.

I am always surprised at the opposite opinions on some products. Obviously skincare is something really individual, but from my experience one needs to be patient and consistent. And products can't work by themselves, they need to be combined with something else, introduced gradually and so on. I use this product in the morning cocktailing it with the alpha-arbutin from the same company. I use acids in the evening. Because of the high concentration of niacinamide I had to introduce it slowly to my skincare routine and at first I used it after my morning serum because if used together with the arbutin, it would burn my skin a little. I got used to it in a matter of a week. I've been using it for about a month, and although it is extremely difficult to see a difference in the skin complexion when looking at myself everyday in the mirror, I can definitely say that the sun spots I have on my forehead are starting to break. It is true that I am using other "whitening" products, but I can say for sure that the biggest difference I've seen is after introducing these two products in my routine. And knowing that melasma is extremely stubborn, it will take awhile to really clear my skin (as much as possible).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have already repurchased this.

Before I started using this each morning (I use acids at night), I had terrible cystic acne under my chin and on my neck. It was persistent and painful. It is now pretty much gone. I get the odd cystic spot and they now vanish very quickly (from overnight to a few days if I leave them alone). I have found that I have certainly broken out on days when I havent used it.

I like the spreadability if this, it sinks into the skin nicely and I find applying moisturiser/primer and foundation on top is no problem at all.

I can't rate this product enough, it's a miracle for me.

on 4/15/2017 1:12:00 PM

i love deciem, but this is one did not work for me. it left my skin red and itchy,so never again...

I have the new formulation of this with the carageenan and hydrogenated castor oil removed. This is a thin serum that absorbs quickly. It was very drying on my combo-dry skin and i felt like i had pilling issues with it, my moisturizer would not apply well on top. It also broke me out

The Ordinary is a cheap line from Deciem whose main focus is ingredients but i realized after trying a bunch of products from The Ordinary that i do indeed need and want a more elegant formula and texture. Ingredients are great but useless if the formulation is unpleasant or does not ultimately work, and i would pay more for better products.

Ingredients

Full disclosure: I have not used this on its own. I use it in conjunction with the Alpha Arbutin, also from The Ordinary line, and Pixi's Glow Tonic.

I have suffered from acne in some form since age 16. I'm nearly 40 now and reeeeally getting tired of dealing with it. I primarily get cystic acne these days and I've tried everything. I even used Retin-A for a while but it was way too harsh.

I mix two drops of this product with two drops of the Alpha Arbutin after using the Glow Tonic twice daily (but thinking about adding a Vitamin serum so I'll have to decrease to PM only then as niacinamide can't be combined with Vitamin C products). After using it for about 4 weeks or so (look people, there are no quick fixes) my skin started to clear. I used to get multiple breakouts weekly. I now get maybe one and it's much milder. I ran out of product last month and had to wait a few weeks for more and my skin started breaking out again, just like old times. Shortly after my replenishment arrived, my skin calmed down again. I will not make the mistake of running out again!

I will say that this combined with the Alpha Arbutin does feel fairly sticky and my skin feels somewhat tight after it dries down but nothing that can't be helped my a light moisturizer.