Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.3

on 10/6/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I bought it because it claimed to help minimize pores, and my pores do look smaller. Is it because of this, or other changes I've made in my routine? I don't know. Am I going to stop using this to find out for sure? Nope!

The price is cheap, the bottle lasts a LONG time and the texture is smooth and silky, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

on 9/9/2017 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin and this stuff definitely helps me, it keeps the shine away for a few good hours. I haven't seen any pores minimizing action yet, but it i excellent for keeping me matte. I would repurchase!

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

on 8/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing topical will change how much sebum your skin produces. Products might help with the appearance of shine, but that's about it. That said, I had realistic expectations re. this product and have not been disappointed. Niacinamide has been shown to be at least as effective as clindamycin gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne, assuming your acne is the inflammatory kind. Otherwise it's a great product for general skin health. I layer lots of products on and haven't had an issue with this pilling, following the thin to thick rule. As a rule of thumb I go liquids before lipids and it has worked well for me. TO makes many affordable products but unfortunate many of them are terribly formulated and very cosmetically inelegant. All things considered, I feel that this is actually one of their better offerings but YMMV.

on 7/1/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

In my other review, I mentioned that I was using this in conjunction to the Flavunone mask and the Advanced 2% retinoid. What can I say, my skin is just loving this combo! It was so congested before but now I wake up every morning with radiant, clear skin! Even my husband notices the difference :)

on 6/23/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Good news, bad news.
This does work at evening texture, filling pores, and slightly controlling oil. For all of that I loved it.
However, my skin apparently HATES Niacinamide. Hates it. (And it took me forever to figure out that this was the issue).
Granted, I have very finicky skin so it may work for some one else, and I am sad it doesn't work for me.
If you want to try this product I recommend that you try a travel size of Olay Moisturizing Lotion Sensitive Skin or another lotion or mask with niacinamide. There are TONS of them.

on 6/20/2017 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Fantastic Product !!! Great Price !!! And cool lab looking packaging !! Only down fall with this is that it flakes, so better off using in your night routine !

on 6/19/2017 2:56:00 PM

I'm halfway through my first bottle of this serum and I can say that it has helped my skin 100%. My pores are smaller, I have basically zero acne, I'm much less oily and the overall appearance is brighter and smoother. I use it in combination with The Buffet serum every morning and have had no irritation at all. I'm so glad to have found something that makes my 35 year old skin look amazeballs. And the fact that it's only a few dollars doesn't hurt either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product really seems to be either hit or miss based on skin type. I know some people have experienced terrible breakouts after using this and I too got a big cystic pimple after the first time using it as well. After about a week, I decided to give it another shot and I'm very glad that I did.

I have very dry skin, but get hormonal acne around my period on my chin/jawline. I'm also prone to getting a lot of sebaceous filaments on my chin all the time. After using this on my chin daily and spot treating areas of other breakouts for about two months, I've noticed a substantial improvement in my skin. I no longer have sebaceous filaments on my chin and my hormonal acne, which normally consists of one or two cystic pimples, has been largely eradicated. This past month I only got one small surface pimple that I was able to clear up after a day.

I will definitely keep using this. Given the price point, its definitely worth checking out.

For some reason there are two pages for this product on MakeUpAlley so I am copying my review from the other page:

As other reviewers have said, this contains carrageenan, which they don't have listed on their site!! But it says so right on the box. Carrageenan does not cause skin issues for everybody, but I find it very concerning that it is missing from the website's list of ingredients. Also like some of the other reviewers, I too first noticed positive changes in my skin (skin clearing) followed by the worst breakout I've had in a long time. All over my face! By my eyebrows, on my cheeks, by my nose, lips, chin. Places I never get acne (as well as problem areas). I exfoliate very regularly so this was not a purge. This is the second product I've used from this company and both times went horribly wrong so I am done trying with them. Bad skin reactions, filtered reviews on their website as well as ingredients in their products that aren't listed in the ingredient lists on their website....no thanks.