Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by age: 30-35
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.8

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I could see a difference almost immediately. I do not have sensitive skin so I haven't noticed any irritation, although there's a slight stinging/cooling sensation when you first apply, but nothing painful at all. I had some initial purge and now my skin is clearer and more balanced oil wise than it's been in years, acne scars are fading and my skin tone seems overall more even. All of those effects are great but the biggest difference for me is in makeup longevity -- I have a very oily T-Zone which can usually break down the best foundations by the afternoon but using this in the morning my foundation lasts all day! I'm even able to use a dewy setting spray for a more natural look for the first time ever. Price is amazing will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Give it time. I thought I didn't love it at first because it was a bit drying to my already dry skin, a little tacky, and in no way moisturizing. But in time, I noticed a difference in my pores and overall skin barrier!!! I noticed a difference when I take it out of my routine so I need to use it regularly-- even daily. I usually notice a difference in 1-2 weeks. Worth it!!!

on 7/30/2018 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think this product does anything for my skin. I read beforehand that one should not use if with Vit C as it cancels out this product. After more than a month of use I don't see any difference in my skin.

I read somewhere that the brand does not always use the same supplier? As such each bottle used can be different? This is a bit concerning if true.

Won't repurchase this.

on 7/26/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I credit this product for helping to clear up a particularity nasty cystic acne breakout in the spring of 2017. I used this product religiously for months, but I may have developed a sensitivity to Niacinamide during my months of heavy heavy use. Some others have had issues with this product causing breakouts, so YMMV. Assuming I am not actually sensitive to niacinamide, I may give this product another go.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was drawn to The Ordinary due to a friends recommendation, and also the low price attracted me! I really enjoyed using this serum. It made my skin feel smooth and look radiant. My pore size looks smaller after using this for a month, and fine lines are plumped. It is a really fluid light serum, and I use it under my day moisturizer and SPF. Love this product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Using this as a serum didn't do anything for me, not for pores and not for oiliness. However, when using on the odd blemish, it does help to flatten and calm down, however if you dab too much it will be visible as a white smudge once dried, which you can get away with overnight, but during the day - not so much! Previously I was using Paula's Choice Glycolic 10% but this was too harsh for bumps behind the ears/back of neck, it would irritate them more, unlike The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc which is gentle enough for sensitive areas. For this alone I would re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/24/2018 6:18:00 AM

Although the product has some drawbacks, I still think that it is better than the rating here.
First of all if you have a normal to dry skin: walk away. zinc inside will soak up all your moisture and oil you have limited.
Also this product is not for under makeup. This can be a drawback but honestly I do not find it safe to use photosensitive products during the daytime, even under my spf.
I love this especially during my pms time. I am getting that extra oily face and chin area starts to be red and swollen. Using at nights during those days, calms my face and chin area down. Although using 2% salicylic acid gels would work similar on my chin, I do not like the peeling of my skin, which happens each time with those strong gels. I find this product more gentle in that sense.
About the brightening effect: I cannot say anything specific because firstly I do not use it daily, and secondly I use other products in my routine to reduce dark spots.
Packaging is simple and hygienic, enough product for a year.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this daily for about a month and it has been amazing for my super oily skin. I am so, so happy I found it! I squirt about half a pipette into my usual blob of EltaMD UV Clear sunscreen in the morning, apply (making sure I cover my t-zone well), wait for it to dry, and then put on makeup (liquid foundation with a beauty sponge). I have never had an issue with it pilling or balling up. My makeup lasts so long because I BARELY get oily!! I previously had to blot basically all day long and now I blot once, MAYBE twice the whole day. I'm so excited about this product. I think it may be lightening my acne scars and brightening a bit as well, but the most noticeable result has definitely been for my oily skin. Also, I am very acne prone and it has not broken me out. So happy this works so well!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as a spot treatment. I tried using on my t-zone where open pores are the worst and also on some marks on cheeks as Niacinimide is supposed to be good for that kind of thing i.e pigmentation but didn't do anything for that, in fact started getting new spots and can only put it down to this product as wasn't using anything else at the time. Luckily not exp at all so hardly wasted any hard earned money here. But good that I can use on the odd spot every now and again as it calms them down almost overnight. For that alone I would re-purchase.

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already