Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by age: 30-35
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very intresting product. When I started using it, I found a bit of shining on the skin, it was because of the product's stickiness. I actually kinda liked it.
But upon regular application, it only made my skin irritated and red.
Benfits, I don't think there was any after using it for 3 weeks.

on 1/11/2019 12:16:00 AM

I wanted this The Ordinary product to work so badly since it was at a great price point and packaging was simple. However, it didn't help my breakouts and seemed to irritate my sensitive skin (which may have led to more breakouts).

on 12/29/2018 12:16:00 PM

My skin type: oily but prone to dehydration, large pores, texture issues, sensitive. I bought this product in hopes of reducing the appearance of my pores and I have to say it delivered! I mix a few drops in with the Hada Labo premium lotion and apply to a damp face. Then, when my skin is still slightly damp, I add rosehip oil and then a moisturizer. When I wake up my pores look better and I notice better overall clarity as well. I use about 2 or 3 times a week at night (my skin is sensitive and I don't use this on nights I use a retinol or aha). I'm picky about skincare but this product has "made the cut" to be incorporated into my regular routine.

on 12/16/2018 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At first, I thought this did nothing. Immediately started using it daily, just to see what would happen - I was hoping it could diminish the look of my enlarged pores. My main skin issue is dehydration, and sensitivity (probably caused by the dehydration), so I have dry skin with large:ish, clogging-prone pores on my nose.

I don’t put this straight on cleansed skin, but use a serum-like hydrating toner first. Within a few days of use, I started seeing benefits. I’m not sure my pores got smaller, but definitely less noticeable - less dark and clogged, perhaps. Makeup started looking better and more even on my skin, and I feel like I can use less foundation. It’s an improvement that two years of BHA 2% five nights a week has not been able to produce.

So I like it! It seems to be really hit/miss for people, but for my skin, it’s fantastic. I’m on my second bottle and always keep a backup. I like the simple, lab vial type packaging, but I would prefer the product not being exposed to air.

The fact that a bottle of this is cheaper than a burger meal is pretty awesome too.

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and I could see a difference almost immediately. I do not have sensitive skin so I haven't noticed any irritation, although there's a slight stinging/cooling sensation when you first apply, but nothing painful at all. I had some initial purge and now my skin is clearer and more balanced oil wise than it's been in years, acne scars are fading and my skin tone seems overall more even. All of those effects are great but the biggest difference for me is in makeup longevity -- I have a very oily T-Zone which can usually break down the best foundations by the afternoon but using this in the morning my foundation lasts all day! I'm even able to use a dewy setting spray for a more natural look for the first time ever. Price is amazing will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Give it time. I thought I didn't love it at first because it was a bit drying to my already dry skin, a little tacky, and in no way moisturizing. But in time, I noticed a difference in my pores and overall skin barrier!!! I noticed a difference when I take it out of my routine so I need to use it regularly-- even daily. I usually notice a difference in 1-2 weeks. Worth it!!!

on 7/30/2018 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think this product does anything for my skin. I read beforehand that one should not use if with Vit C as it cancels out this product. After more than a month of use I don't see any difference in my skin.

I read somewhere that the brand does not always use the same supplier? As such each bottle used can be different? This is a bit concerning if true.

Won't repurchase this.

on 7/26/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I credit this product for helping to clear up a particularity nasty cystic acne breakout in the spring of 2017. I used this product religiously for months, but I may have developed a sensitivity to Niacinamide during my months of heavy heavy use. Some others have had issues with this product causing breakouts, so YMMV. Assuming I am not actually sensitive to niacinamide, I may give this product another go.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was drawn to The Ordinary due to a friends recommendation, and also the low price attracted me! I really enjoyed using this serum. It made my skin feel smooth and look radiant. My pore size looks smaller after using this for a month, and fine lines are plumped. It is a really fluid light serum, and I use it under my day moisturizer and SPF. Love this product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Using this as a serum didn't do anything for me, not for pores and not for oiliness. However, when using on the odd blemish, it does help to flatten and calm down, however if you dab too much it will be visible as a white smudge once dried, which you can get away with overnight, but during the day - not so much! Previously I was using Paula's Choice Glycolic 10% but this was too harsh for bumps behind the ears/back of neck, it would irritate them more, unlike The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc which is gentle enough for sensitive areas. For this alone I would re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream