Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Filtered by age: 25-29
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.6

This is hands-down one of the best treatment I've used so far in my battle with acne. I've been using this every morning after cleaning my face and applying with Salicylic Acid 2% for 2-3 weeks and my skin has never looked better in years!

I was getting depressed about my hormonal and cystic acne because I've tried everything (including Retinol) that my dermatologist recommended and nothing worked better than this combo.

I've even went through PMS and menstruation with my skin looking almost flawless! I've went outside in full daylight without wearing make-up. Also, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is the ONLY treatment I've tried so far that actually has an effect on reducing sebum.

I have a huge problem with that and nothing worked so far in reducing my sebum production on my forehead, which usually looks like you could fry chicken on it, until now. After 2-3 weeks of using this regiment I can honestly say my skin is back to normal and I'm completely in awe as I never expected The Ordinary products to be this good. I'm completely hooked.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, and am extremely acne-prone. My skin has responded very well to Olay Luminous Boost Concentrate (a serum w/ niacinamide) it's $22 for 1 oz. So The Ordinary's price, $5.90 for 1 oz was too good to not try out.

I did a couple test spots for a week (near my eyebrows, and another near my chin) and I started to break out. I know it's not purging since I've been using stridex, glyolic acid, niacinamide in Olay products.

I've stopped using this on my face, and I'm using it on my neck & hands. I'm going to go back to the Olay serum & probably eventually put down the $$$ for Paula's Choice 10% niacinamide. I really wish The Ordinary would make a dupe for Paula's Choice--the simplicity is amazing for people with extremely acne-prone skin.

It is very moisturizing, and worth a shot for the price. Be cautious if you have a similar skin type to me.

on 9/22/2017 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am generally not acne-prone, but like clockwork, I would get a few giant bright red hormone-related zits on my chin and forehead monthly during my period. Or should I say, I used to get them.

Since adding this product to my routine once per day, approximately 5 days per week, I have not gotten a single zit. Not a one. Again, I am generally not acne-prone, but I never thought I'd be free of monthly hormonal blemishes. I was wrong.

For as cheap as this product is, it's worth giving a try.

on 9/20/2017 7:35:00 PM

I may be jumping the gun on this one as I've only just started using The Ordinary's Niacinamide formula, but so far it's brilliant. My skin is sensitive but relatively balanced now (unlike my teen years) but I still couldn't budge a cluster of blackheads on my nose and chin that just seem to stubbornly stay put, mocking me. Within a week of use these are already well on their way to clearing completely. My skin looks visibly more even, less congested and feels more balanced. I forgot to wear foundation to work yesterday because this product has worked so well so quickly.

It's also drunk proof as it only takes about 20 seconds to apply, so win win.

on 9/5/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the third product of origin i have used. Its for minimising the pores. The first time i used, it has obviously result on my skin. I dont know why people had bad experience about this but if u suffer from acnes, scars, and maybe ur skin is oily, highly recommended! Ps: its only 9.95Aud! Very cheap for a serum in Australia

on 8/20/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It pills! The ordinary's regimen is based on skincare layering, however you most definitely
definitely cannot layer with this product. I've tried so many different ways to make this product work but....it pills! It also makes my skin feel very dry, tight and itchy. Love so many of the ordinary products but this one did not work for me. There are better formulated products with niacinamide as they key ingredient out there like Paula's Choice Niacinamide Booster. If you're after brightening and acne treatment I find the The Ordinary's Advanced Retinoid 2% a much better product.

on 7/24/2017 2:09:00 PM

I didn't really notice the effect of this serum at first. I thought I just have one of these "good skin" periods. Strangely, it ended as fasts as I finished the bottle. I bought another one and the effect came back. A radiant clear skin. I love it, love the price point and the clean simple packaging. Will repurchase as long as it would work on me.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not have sensitive skin and couldn't believe the reaction I had to this (I should've read the reviews!) This gave me tiny, itchy oily bumps all over my forehead and chinline. It made me itch so bad I nearly bled from itching the rash. The little bumps were tiny white zits under the surface that couldn't be popped. I stopped using it for a month and then applied it only on the left side of my neck just to make sure it was this product, and It gave me itchy zits in my NECK! This does contain chlorphenesin which is a synthetic preservative actually banned in countries like Japan :/

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I had a lot of dark spots on my cheeks, most of them were PIH I guess. I was sooo desperate to look for something that could erase these spots. I tried bunch of others products, but none of them did work. Then I started to try the new formula one (without carrageenan). I used it day & night under my moisturizer. It's been 3 weeks, I saw tiny little differences on my cheeks. The spots became less red but have not completely disappear. I think this one works slowly on my skin. It really helped to lighten the skin tone and made my skin so smooth. I was prone to break out before I use this, but no more break out after I used this. I will continue to use it & wish the PIHs will be gone forever!

ps: It did not break me out at all.

on 6/25/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point which the Ordinary is known for. Not only are the ingredients potent but you can easily customize your own skincare if you are willing to do some research. I was excited to this product because I want to incorporate niacinamide into my routine. However, after using this for almost two months, I've come to the conclusion that this formulation simply does NOT work for my skin.

I have combo, acne prone skin which is easily prone to clogged pores. This serum leaves a sticky film residue which takes 15-20min for this serum to dry. No matter I much I try to dilute the product with other serums or use it to spot treat or layer it underneath I keep breaking out. I know I am not sensitive to niacinamide since I've used products containing it before so unfortunately this formulation does not work for me.