Wen by Chaz Dean Pink Jasmine Peony

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Not what I was expecting at all!!!! I love the pink jasmine peony hair products. This smells nothing like them. They're much more floral, you know, peony...this is overwhelmingly jasmine...wretched, unwashed BO jasmine.
I don't know if it's me or the jasmine though. I love Oscar Blandi's jasmine hair oil...it's so beautiful and sexy--smells amazing. But I bought a bottle of jasmine oil--high end--the kind you cut with a carrier oil--and found it to be nasty, body odor stank no matter how much carrier I used. I don't know if it's the kind of jasmine used or what, but I adore the Blandi hair oil and absolutely hate other jasmine products--this EDP being one of them.
It doesn't match the pink jasmine peony hair products floral scent. This is like straight jasmine. I sprayed some on a tissue and left it overnight, thinking maybe it reacts badly to my skin--nope, tissue stunk like unwashed BO. Later on, I sprayed some lightly in the air in the the living room and went out to run some errands. When I came back a few hours later it just smelled like stank. I tried a these things to see if it's the jasmine reacting to my body chemistry or if I just don't like jasmine--I don't like jasmine apparently. I don't understand though how this can stink so bad but the Blandi jasmine hair oil smell so good...I don't get it... And speaking of don't get it--don't get this EDP. It smells absolutely nothing like the cleansing conditioner or replenishing treatment. It smells like stank.
The bottle, like all Wen perfumes though, is super cute, high quality and as 'designer' looking as anything Vera Wang puts out. The packaging is very very nice, top notch--I give Chaz high marks for that. However the edp is a hot stanky mess.
For the record, I have his 613, Honey and the core Wen scents all in EDP form and I LOVE them all--they're my go-to fragrance products. This new one is completely wretched, unless you have some kind of weird liking of jasmine scented body odor. Also for the record, this is the first and only Wen product I have ever sent back--the very next day after receiving it! There was no way I was ever going to like this stench, so it went back--immediately.
I'm really really bummed to have to write this review, but I waited months and months for him to do an EDP of the pink jasmine peony, and I'm sooo upset that this is what he created. So sad.......

Popular Fragrances