E.L.F. Lip lacquer

E.L.F. Lip lacquer

4.7

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this in clear. The formula is great, shine without the stickiness that a lot of other glosses have. It smells and tastes like vanilla without being too strong. Definitely would repurchase and recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own this product in purple - I wouldn't repurchase this shade again, but I would try others.

There are 2.6 ml of product in the tube (a bit less than some glosses). The applicator is a somewhat flexible, long paddle type applicator which works very nicely. It's very glossy and shiny but only semi-sticky. This isn't a horribly sticky product which I always appreciate. It is a bit sweet tasting but not as bad as ELF's lipsticks which drive me crazy!

The purple has great pigmentation for a gloss - it does take a bit of work to even out so you don't end up with areas that are more opaque than others. You can see a bit of shimmer in the tube if you look closely, but this is definitely a cream gloss when applied (which I prefer).

I bought it to try out a bright violet shade for cheap. I'm glad I didn't spend more, because in some lighting this color really brings out the green in my skin (fair yellow/olive).

"Do I look like a frog in this?" I felt compelled to ask my daughter. Olive ladies - you'll feel me on this one.

I honestly think that only a few people will be able to wear this purple shade convincingly.

I wouldn't rebuy in purple, but I do like the formula and price, so I would try another shade. Four lippies for the potential of this formula and color saturation in other shades.

on 2/20/2017 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA again: Update - I ended up buying this in the natural and the purple and am going to get the bold pink and burgundy just to complete the cheap collection. These are - hands-down - a great gloss to have. The colored ones are SUPER pigmented (and glossy) and the clear is a great gloss that works with lipsticks or to just add shine (it's super moisturizing, too). I think these are one of ELF's most underhyped lip products out there - for TWO BUCKS.
---------------------------------

I bought this in clear. I had read reviews online saying that these had a minty, sweet taste, but i can say thats not the case at all for the clear. These come in other colors, so perhaps they have a different tast (they do, the colored are sweet.)

I had to come back and update this to 4 lippies, because the taste/smell isn't really as bad as the clear WnW Megagloss, but it's not the best, either. However, the product is thick, almost gel-like and gives great shine and moisture to the lips. Very moisturizing. Great for a base for lipsticks but only if you apply with a light hand. Has doe foot applicator that is nice and longer than average- so if you apply with a heavy hand, you'll have a wet sheen to lips.

I was bummed mostly because i was hoping it would have a nice, sweet taste to be a good go-to clear gloss for cheap, but I'll take the vanilla scent and the great gloss. Wish elf would come out with more sweet balms like their lip exfoliators, but just for moisture, not exfoliation. It seems like they used to carry a ton more balms, now the ones they have don't have great reviews. I will buy a second one of these, just so I can keep one at work, too. For $1, it's worth it.

ETA: I ended up buying three in clear of these - to keep all around - and then bought the color "natural". For $2, I recommend these mostly because they do come in other colors - and the "natural" shade looks identical to NYX Fortune Cookie - but $6 cheaper. I'm sure the other colors could be dupes for some NYX lipglosses! The "natural" is an amazing nude glossy lip; very close to what the Kardashians often wear. I love it.

Popular Lips Products