Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Lighting Powder

No Image

1 review

on 2/18/2017 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: I picked this up while on holidays in Japan and it's a lovely finely milled setting powder. It has a very natural silky finish with a little bit of glow to it, although there is no visible shimmer. It has very sheer coverage - just a touch more than a translucent powder and comes in one light beige shade. The shade works well for my skin tone and would work for those in the fair to medium range (maybe through to around NC35) due to its sheer finish. I have dry skin so am not overly concerned with oil control but this product holds up well on my skin type in hot and high humidity weather.

I also like that it's fragrance free. It was relatively affordable for such a high quality product although the packaging is not particularly luxurious. I had been eyeing an Suqqu loose powder while in Japan but couldn't bring myself to spend quite that much - especially when I had already gone nuts on amazing Japanese skincare. When I tested both at counters, this seemed like a comparable product for almost half the price (in Yen).

What I don't like: Nothing. It's lovely. I like lighter dewy coverage day to day so I don't tend to use this over my foundation unless I am going out after work and need my makeup to last longer than 10-12 hours. My favorite way to use this is over a touch of concealer for sheer coverage on the weekends. This is just my personal use preference however - it is a great setting powder either way for my dry and sensitive skin. I'll probably try something new once I finish just because I like to switch it up but it's a reliable product that I would go back to.