Kat Von D Better Together Ultimate Eye Collection

No Image

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The Better Together collection is half Kat Von D and half Too Faced, so when you buy this set you are actually getting more product [6 more eyeshadows & a full-size Better Then Sex mascara] then I'll be reviewing here - I reviewed the other half under the correct brand. In the Kat Von D half of the Ultimate Eye Collection you get six powder eyeshadows in the shades Por Vida (matte white), Lovestruck (iridescent peach), Darling (metallic pewter), Swoon (metallic scarlet), Yours (matte stone gray), Devotion (matte jet black), and a full-size Tattoo Liner in Trooper (satin black).

I love the grungy/goth colour combination used as they are different from the usual Valentines-themed collections [outside of US/Canada this collection wasn't a late-Christmas release], and are very 'me' shades. Plus the shades all work well together with the more feminine and 'pretty' Too Faced half of this collection for totally different looks. The pigmentation is awesome, and the shadow formula is very soft and buttery. When I dip my brush into the shadows they do have some kick-up to them, but they aren't patchy and apply with only a little [if any] fallout and blend really well. Then you also get a superb Tattoo Liner - a full sized one, not a trial sized sampler size.

The only niggle I have with the Kat Von D eyeshadow palette is that I would have preferred a matte transition shade and another crease option in place of the black and white shades, as she has used matte white and black shadows in her last international [MetalMatte] palette release; I use the pretty peach shade for transition and the grey for the crease, and really like the looks I've done, but I have hooded eyes, so would have liked different matte shadows to use for crease and transitioning.

Overall I enjoy the Kat Von D half of the Better Together collection; not only can it be used as designed [a complimentary palette], but I happily use it as a complete-look-in-one-compact product too, plus the pricy liner is full-size. I recommend the Better Together Ultimate Eye Collection purely for the Kat Von D eyeshadow palette. Stunning.

Top Rated Palettes