83%

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

I bought this with my own money and returned it after 3 days. I say "bought this with my own money" because my friend has a popular Instagram page and I get to try a lot of makeup for free. I bought the middle color - "nude" and the shade is a very nice, pale, neutral color, great for fair skin. (I wonder what the lightest shade is.....vampire pale, maybe?) Anyway, the reason for my low lippie rating is because 1. the ingredients on the box did not match the ingredients on Pixi's website. This is the 7th time this has happened and it really irked me. I emailed her website and they changed their site to match the box ingredients only 3 times in the past. The rest of the time I was ignored. 2. The powder goes on chalky and uneven and I was unable to get it to cover my entire face. It would randomly just skip areas. The areas it did cover looked like I poured dust on my face. So this looked like I was wearing a lot of makeup, and yet it provided zero coverage! (I use tinted mineral sunscreen where the actives are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide and I use Loreal Studio Secrets primer underneath my sunscreen. Then I apply my makeup. This is the best way I have found to keep my oily T zone at bay, while not emphasizing dry areas). At the time of this review 4/18/19, website ingredient list: Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Garcinia Mangostana Peel Extract, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. [+/- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. ACTUAL ingredients on the box: (NOTE THE PLACEMENT OF ZINC OXIDE!) Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Zinc Oxide, Tocopherol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Water/Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Garcinia Mangostana Peel Extract, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. [+/- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

a year ago

This powder is quick and easy to apply. I use the medium colour which initially seemed too light but I find about half an hour after application it seems to have adjusted to my skin. Light coverage, slight glow, not at all drying.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Let me start by saying this is one of very few products I have purchased at least four times and I shall continue. This powder foundation provides good coverage for some redness on my cheeks and even some slight pigmentation - I'm not suggesting this is full coverage, but it is certainly a lot more than a setting/translucent powder. Despite this feature, it is undetectable on my skin, I'm a light NC20 and shade no. 2 is perfect. Even better, although my skin tends to be dry, it does not make it look dry. Packaging is not particularly attractive but it has a good, large mirror and it's neat, not bulky at all. I highly recommend it.

About reviewer (214 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Picked this up at Target last week, I really like it! I love how slim and compact the packaging is too. It doesn't come with a puff/sponge, but that's ok, since I normally apply powder foundation with a kabuki brush anyway. It's $20, on the higher side for drugstore, but Pixi never disappoints. There's not a huge color selection of course(only 3 shades lol), but I'm N25, very neutral, and I picked the middle one(03 warm), and it's a good match, I think all 3 shades are pretty forgiving.. . As far as powder foundations I normally use Lancome, Too Faced, Bobbi Brown, and a few others, and I would say the Pixi is a little more powdery than those, not quite chalky, just a little more dry, but I would still repurchase for the good price point/quality, and esthetics.. . It's leaps and bounds better than any other drugstore powder foundations, and I'd rather pay $20 for this, then $9 for something at the drug store with cheap packaging and not as great ingredients. . Definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I'm giving this a rating of 5 because I can't give 4.5 and it deserves more than 4 lippies. I struggle with finding products that won't accentuate the fact that I have dry skin so you might wonder why I would purchase a powder foundation. I wanted something that offered a little more coverage than my cream/liquid foundations and this fits the bill. It does not look powdery or cakey in the slightest. Whatever ingredients are in here it truly is a hydrating powder because my skin looks satin smooth when I wear this. I purchased the color 02 Nude and it blends into my skin perfectly when applied with a dense brush. Currently I'm using a retractable kabuki brush with it and the two together work very well. Packaging is standard plastic, light green, but full pan and I'm happy they don't include a useless brush with it that serves only to increase the size of the compact. I am thrilled that Pixi is back in Canada at SDM, I only wish they carried more products that this brand has to offer. I think I will pick up the darker shade for the summer, 03 Warm. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

So, I'll start by saying I think this is over priced. It cost me about $28 CDN at SDM. But I was so excited that Pixi products are now available at my local Shoppers that I had to buy something (bought the Glow Tonic too but haven't gotten around to using it yet)...I thought they were exclusive to Target-and we don't have Target in Canada anymore-as far as I know. Anyhoo, powder is my ride or die make up item (along with concealer. and mascara...and blush...and eyeshadow haha-no but really I need my powder) so I figured I'd try this one even though the price threw me off a bit...what if it's crap?! I don't even think there were testers for me to swatch-and it was packaged in a box so I couldn't even see the colour. However, there were only three shades so it seemed like a no brainer since I'm fair skinned that I should go with the lightest shade, which was called Cream. I believe the other 2 shades were Nude and Beige? However on the Pixi website they call the lightest shade "Almost There"? And in a YouTube review I watched the (darkest) shade they used was called "Warm". So I don't know whats up with the names, but regardless there's three shades. And the lightest shade is very light, I find. This claims to be a full coverage, hydrating powder foundation with peptides and vitamins and all kinds of crazy extracts...I don't know how much I believe in powder translating to skin care so I'm not sure if all that is necessary...but there is a lot of impressive ingredients if you're into that. As for full coverage, I find it covers pretty well, but then Ive only been using a light dusting with a kabuki, over concealer. In a YT video I watched (because I could barely find ANY reviews of this product yet, and as per usual I went looking for reviews AFTER I bought this so it was unnecessary really) a girl with pretty severe acne used this powder(without concealer!!!) and managed to achieve pretty close to full coverage with a couple layers and a smaller brush (which was a Pixi brush btw-and now I want that brush). Anyway, my favourite thing about this powder is the finish. Semi matte...satin...whatever it's pretty and makes my skin look good. However! I don't find this holds up to oil, shine, sweat, anything. After a couple hours I'm glowing...and keep getting glowier. I'm mostly ok with that...but keep in mind this is a hydrating powder and don't even look at this if you want to be super matte. The first time I used this, I did my usual "spritz" afterwards with my Evian mineral water facial spray...but that was a mistake. I think it caused this powder to cake up a bit, and wear off faster. Anyway, it's perfection on it's own. I see no reason for it to cost almost $30 however...when there's super amazing powder foundations for $10-$15...but to each their own. I'll probably repurchase again...

About reviewer (322 reviews)

Age36-43