Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder

4.1

Talc • Silica • Boron Nitride • Nylon-12 • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Polysorbate 80 • Kaolin • Cyclopentasiloxane • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Lauroyl Lysine • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • Phenoxyethanol • Polybutene • Caprylyl Glycol • Dimethicone Crosspolymer • Xanthan Gum • Hexylene Glycol • Ethylhexylglycerin • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Water • o-Cymen-5-ol • Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer • Tin Oxide • Dimethiconol • Aluminum Hydroxide • Methicone /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was honestly shocked at how good this powder is. I kind of bit the bullet getting it because I generally avoid powder-based makeup made in China (lead, asbestos, etc) but Wet N Wild is a pretty established name with a good track record despite their rock-bottom prices. This blends so beautifully and imparts a radiance-without-oily-shine that is far beyond its price point. I have even used it in place of mineral makeup on days I don't feel like I need foundation! it sets concealer well too. The packaging is pretty standard budget fare and chintzy, but the lid has at least stayed attached. I will likely purchase again and am considering even using in my pro kit, since it photographs so beautifully, as long as my clients don't mind the less-than-luxury brand. Hey, it works! which is more than I can say for some powders 5x the price!

on 1/12/2018 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’m blown away by the quality of this powder!! πŸ€—
It’s a struggle to find a powder that isn’t
over-mattify, cakey looking & β€œheavy” feeling on my normal-dry skin! I didn’t have much success with translucent powder either.
The texture is super silky to the touch,
doesn’t alter the color of the foundation (although it comes in shades) minimizes pores and have A light reflecting finish that is soo flattering on the skin! :)
I use the Real Techniques buffing brush (since the powder is so refined) & it works just great.
I have two shade-
Warm light (yellow undertone) & natural beige (pink,neutral undertone) they looks different in the pan but swatches quit similar (which is pointless, yet forgiving in that sense).
I haven’t try the Hourglass Ambient Light but it might be a DS dupe!
For the price & quality it’s a steal!!! HG status at last.

on 9/26/2017 4:52:00 PM

I was really hopeful that this would be a good dupe for MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, but I can't say that it even comes close; perhaps in colors, but not in function. Since this is not marketed as a foundation but only as a finishing powder, I gave it 3 stars (maybe 2.5). If this was sold as foundation, I'd give 1 star or even less!

I bought this first in Warm Light (821E) because it was the only one left on the display and I wanted to try it. It's too light for my skin (but not very noticeable), so I looked in another store and picked up Neutral Beige (823C), which is kind of too dark (again, not very noticeable). The finish of this powder is nice and light, however the coverage is also very light and definitely NOT a foundation powder (which is what I had been hoping for, based on other reviews). Using a fluffy brush picks up very, very little powder. I also tried a flat buffing brush and a dense smaller brush... slightly better for building it up a bit, but not great. Rubbing my finger over it several times hardly picks up anything, either. I even tried scratching it up with my fingernail and it's just very hard. I've never tried a powder that is this hard.

For the reasons above, I don't really like this powder... you just can't get enough product unless you really work at it. It's good in a pinch if you need a light coat or to kill some shine, but that's about it. The finish is very subtle, hardly noticeable. Kind of disappointing because at $6, this is a real bargain... but not if it doesn't do what you want it to. Still searching for MAC MSFN dupe...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff because it provides coverage in one swipe of a powder brush, keeps oil at bay, and minimizes shine even on my oily skin. I wear it in Warm Light and find that it is perfect for my very light olive complexion that typically requires some form of ivory in foundation. I would buy this powder again and again!

on 7/23/2017 4:44:00 PM

I had to delete my review and write a new one. I did like this a lot but now I don't :( I have warm light which I was using all over my face but thought it made me too light so now I use this for my undereye and now I think warm beige or something for my face. I use this with the flat top elf brush and never have an issue picking up product. It doesn't add a lot of coverage or color but if you have one too light or dark it will be noticeable. There's a lot of product, it's cheap and the packaging is nice. But after using this for a few weeks, I've noticed it doesn't really set my foundation. I've noticed being more oily during the day or dewy but my skin isn't really oily to begin with. Today I went over my entire face twice with it and my skin still feels tacky. Disappointing. Maybe it's just because of the warm weather? I've never really noticed anything like that with my coty airspun. But since I still have a whole pan of the darker one left and quite a bit of the light one I'll still use it up during the day for work I suppose. I don't have issues with it under my eye with not setting but I still wouldn't repurchase for that, either. I'll stick to my coty once this is gone and for when I go out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this product because a youtuber I trust raves about this product about how much her face looked flawless after setting it with this product, and I also just really love wet n wild products so I was like why not it's very inexpensive anyway. I really didn't notice anything different compared to my other pressed powders but what I love about this is that it doesn't give any coverage at all. It just sets your makeup in place. I don't really like those powders with coverage because I feel like they make my face so cakey, but with this it looks like I didn't even apply any powder which I much prefer for a more natural look. Since I have oily skin, I get really oily around my t-zone every after hour especially when I'm out in the sun, but I find that none of the pressed powders I've tried have really helped control my oil anyway. All in all I don't regret buying this product. It's good enough for the price but nothing mind blowing or something that i'm obsessed about.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty great powder.
It gives light to medium coverage in terms of pressed powder.
It makes my face look smoother without emphasizing texture.
I love using this to set the rest of my face while I let my setting powder bake under my eyes.
This is especially great at the price.
B+
Recommend.

on 4/4/2017 10:14:00 AM

I love this powder to set my concealer. I don't like using this all over my face just because I use other powder that I love. its a super soft velvety powder for a cheap price.

on 4/4/2017 1:17:00 AM

~Things i like about product
I liked the powder on my face.
Looked good with my estee lauder foundation.

~Things i dislike about product
I did not like this with the photo focus foundation it looked way to blotchy when combined.

Its a good back up powder and very cheap.

on 3/25/2017 11:44:00 PM

Beautiful finishing powder that gives a nice glow to your face without the glaring beam I see at times. Not glittery just glowing! Reminds me of MAC Skin Finish more than Hourglass as I think Hourglass is more gleaming where this is more subtle. I use a dense powder brush to apply or a bronzing brush depending on the amount of coverage I want. I have combo skin so it doesn't mattify my T Zone and I need to blot about halfway through the day but it also doesn't cake up or go in pores. Great job Wet N Wild this is better than many many high end powders I have used