TATCHA The Essence Plumping Skin Softener

TATCHA The Essence Plumping Skin Softener

3.8

Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Propanediol, Soy Amino Acids, Yeast Extract, Aqua/water/eau, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine, Phenoxyethanol*Hadasei-3

on 3/15/2019 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a mix feeling for the essence, and unfortunately it leans towards the negative side. I am 30yo, asian, oily, sensitive and pore issues skin type.

I did feel the glow and hydrated everytime i use it, however I noticed some white bumps covered under my skin on fifth days or so. After I stopped using it my skin back to normal again.

Everytime getting a luxurious skincare makes me excited and always looking forward to use it, unfortunately this putting me off again.

on 3/8/2019 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Didn't think I needed it until I tried it. After I press some of this onto my face, my moisturizer seems to sink in better, and leaves my skin softer. Magic stuff!

on 12/23/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I am in my seventh decade so wondered whether the TATCHA skincare line would restore some lost radiance. I have fair/medium dry skin which is in good shape for my age due to my using quality skin care since I was in my 30s. The Essence is one of the first TATCHA products that I tried. The results have been very gratifying! I use the Essence before applying any other products and also use it prior to masking. It enhances the effectiveness of my other products, both my Isomers serums and other TATCHA products. My radiance has been restored! I tend to buy my TATCHA products in kits, which greatly reduces the price of individual products. I will continue with all of them.

Check out the price, have someone give u CPR, and know it's worth it. If ur skin is dry and sensitive this is crazy good!!! It's plumping and moisturizing while not clogging pores. U can see a difference in ur skin with one use. It's that good. I love my Korean serums like nobody's business but instead of 7 layers of them, I put this on and the regen cream and my skin is perfection--like makeup free perfection. No pores, but no dry spots...holy goodness!! I def rec Tatcha products bc they do work and do an amazing job w/o causing irritation or acne. The prices are scary tho...the whole skincare system for each skin type is beyond scary expensive, but they do work. I'm still debating the cost of all my Kbeauty usuals vs the few Tatcha has as ur daily skincare and the jury's still out. I also like being shiny which Kbeauty stuff gives me, where this is more soft, fresh, lifted but not shiny. The Tatcha products really work great tho so it's kinda about the extreme cost and whether you want baby skin or shiny skin.

on 9/12/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Skincare is tricky to leave reviews for since everyone has different skin type and reactions to the same product. I have normal skin that gets dehydrated during the dryer months, and no acne etc. I bought this during the vib sale and have been using it daily for several months. I haven’t seen a significant difference; it does make my skin softer as it absorbs, but that effect fades away after a few hours and I have to reapply moisturizer. I personally won’t repurchase, especially since the price tag is just too much.

on 5/23/2018 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

After you get over the heart failure of the cost which is a lot higher in Australia, it’s the most amazing product I’ve ever used. It’s been a couple of months since I added it into my skincare regime and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The comments I get from people about how glowing and supple my skin looks is wild. I’d like to credit The essence completely for this however I use Lotion P50w as my toner followed by this and I believe that it’s the combo making the most of the positive changes. I will definitely purchase again and highly recommend this to everyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love many of Tatcha's products so I had to try this when it first came out. It does help my other products to absorb better and has a slight tingling sensation which I think helps with exfoliation and brightening BUT it is expensive ($95 for 5 oz) and I don't know if it's worth it when there are other alternatives that work just as well like Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence ($68 for 5oz) or an essence from a Korean brand. I did not repurchase due to the price and not whether I liked it or not, because I did. The essence gets poured out of a spout which I didn't like because I often accidently poured too much out and wasted it.

Disclamer: this is the first and only essence I've used, HOWEVER, I consider myself a solid 8/10 on the skincare nerd scale and have done my fare share of product dabbling / research. This looks like water and is only slightly more viscous but I noticed the effects literally the second I patted it into my skin. I know it sounds like i'm exaggerating but my skin instantly felt moisturized but in a way I had never experienced before; it really felt like the product had pulled into the deeper layers of my skin and was plumping it up from the inside. It was a couple days later when I noticed my skin felt softer - even along my jaw where I have persistent texture from mild rosacea. It has a pretty price tag as do the other widely available essences in North America however it has an extremely simple yet powerful ingredients list free of parabens and fragrance unlike the SKII and Shiseido essences.

I've been using this for around 4 months and my experience hasn't plateaued. I still feel the effects every time I apply this and genuinely recommend

Bonus: the packaging is gorgeous. I always have it sitting out with the rest of my pretty goodies - I love the dropper/how the product dispensives my only issue is my fear of dropping / spilling this magic water.

Will repurchase again and again.

on 8/30/2017 11:17:00 AM

Another winner. Don't ask me what's in it. Reduces redness, somehow calms my skin. I know...its kinda like enhanced water. But something they do works. That's all.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE IT!!!! I can wear this without any other moisturizer and if you use it every day you will have improvement in clarity, dullness & plump. It is expensive, however a little does go a long way. I have finicky but good skin (combo skin) highly reccomend. It's not intended to make you glow it is designed sink deeper into the skin while improving it over time. They want you to use it after cleansing but befor serum and or moisturizer as it opens up the skins channels to enhance absorption. It's fragrance free ! Plus make sure your neither wasting by over applying or under applying. Make sure you press into skin to the point of it being moderately wet, then let it soak in. I believe it's a big time winner. Helps clogged pores for sure. Also try memory serum concentrate (amazing) skip dewy mist, masks & hydrating firming serum because this hydrates even better with the essence. The memory serum concentrate has not given me any pimples while the others I mentioned can.

Popular Face Skincare Products