Maybelline New York Color Sensation Inti-Matte Nudes Lipstick -Almond Rose

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Finally, a perfect dupe for NARS Dolce Vita at the drugstore. Actually I think it better(*gasps in Spanish*). Beautiful color. It is pinker than Dolce Vita, and slightly plummier and a tinge browner but seeing them both on my hands and lips, same shade organically. Dolce Vita is more coral. This I find better for the strictly tan people of all things. It has that je ne see quoi that this coloring needs, a pinch of brightness. It is a touch brighter than Dolce Vita, and those slight differences make it better suited to a neutral coloring. It stands out beautifully against my toast colored skin (Naomi Scott from the new Aladdin is my color twin to a perfect T). It contrasts and brightens but manages to look safe (I mean really, why do you think we like MLBB? The "natural" look?). As someone with very dark eyes and hair with high constrast, this is a pleasant surprise. I tend to embrace my intensity, rich reds, plums and pinks taking front and center in the show that's my face. I look defeated in anything else. This manages to bring me to average but instead of deadening me or taking away interest it embraces my coloring in an unorthodox manner. Very rare. I'm using this on the days where I have to interact with a lot of people and super casual places. My regular look is incredibly dramatic for most people but this manages the same result without the shock. You know... I get pointed at less. Look a little less high maintenance (also ironic because I consider myself low maintenance lol). The only thing I dislike about this is the formula. It is dreadfully drying on my lips. Makes them crack no matter what I do.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is such a face brightening MLBB for me. I just love it and will buy again.

I bought 7 shades of these lipsticks from Maybelline. This is one of the shade that I bought. It look pinkish brown on my lip. I like this one for everyday lipstick. Not too standout but nice color for everyday. It very comfortable for matt lipstick for $5.99 at Target great price. Love it more than some of my $30 and up high end lipsticks.

This is a pretty matte lipstick that feels creamy going on. It's definitely not a glossy lipstick, nor frosty.

It's a very natural, warm pink shade that is a face brightener IMO.

I don't think it looks much like the pic shown here - go to the store and check it out...just a nice YLBB color.

Another Maybelline failure for me. This shade is double blah on my lips. Makes me look like the living dead. Very disappointing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Doesn't look pigmented and is way too glossy.

Almond Rose looks like it's going to be my perfect rosy nude lipstick. Subtle, pretty and flattering--I can't wear anything too brownish or beige. It's not too drying and seems stay on for quite awhile. Works well with pink or rose blush. Price is right!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh guys...this is THE 🌹 for me...definitely in my top five. This formula is pillowy and soft and creamy! I'm not able to handle liquid matte lipsticks anymore. These creamy Mattes are so much better...Almond Rose guys...buy it.