4.4

$22.00 on iHerb
Shop Now

Reviews

25 days ago

As someone with oily skin, I looove this product. It moisturizes without making my skin oily like other moisturizing products would and it absorbs into my face well. It feels good on my skin too. It's a very light product so in the winter I supplement with other hydrating products. Works as the perfect summer moisturizer though!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesBlack

7 months ago

This is a lightweight gel-texture moisturizer that claims to be suitable for a wide range of skin types from oily, dry, to sensitive in need of hydration with the benefits of birch sap as the main selling point. Cosrx is a Korean brand and anyone familiar with Korean skincare may be a bit confused about the name as "lotion" is usually used to refer to toner type or emulsion type products that are more liquidy, but this is definitely meant to be a last step moisturizer. If you read the marketing blurb on this product it touts some amazing claims such as the antioxidant and healing properties of the birch sap which makes up 70% of the ingredients and completely replaces the water content. Whether or not birch sap is as great as is claimed here I can't verify, but it certainly sounds like it's better than simple water. In addition to that it's supposedly oil-free, moisturizing(I think they actually mean hydrating here), and suited to a wide range of skin types including sensitive. It in fact does include two oils from lemon and tea tree at the bottom of the ingredient list but as these are not used as the main emollients I guess it counts as oil-free. I don't have sensitive nor dry skin so I can't attest to whether or not this actually works for either but I have often heard of essential oils and other botanicals being potential irritants for sensitive skin, and I am skeptical that a moisturizer that is oil-free is helpful for dry skin which by definition is lacking in oils. Setting all the ambitious claims aside, I think this is a nice and silky silicone-based gel moisturizer that would probably work best for those with oily-normal skin and I find the texture and effect very similar to the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream but slightly less hydrating and not as soft. I have combo skin and it's perfect for the warmer months but will probably not be hydrating or moisturizing enough in the colder and dryer months. I don't really think the low concentration of lemon and tea tree oils in this are doing much at all here either other than contributing to the smell which I also find to be reminiscent of cola lol Typically these two oils are used in formulations aimed at calming acne prone skin and controlling oil but I don't really detect that in this moisturizer and the smell goes away immediately. This comes in the typical Cosrx plastic pump bottle packaging. As the moisturizer is less of a lotion and more of a gel I worry if I'll be able get all the product out when it gets too low, but other than that I have no complaints. It's around 23CAD after currency exchange. At 100ml it contains almost double the volume of product for a moisturizer, but I find that I need to use at least 3 pumps and I wonder if this actually comes out cheaper than what usually use(the aforementioned Etude House cream). It is expensive for what it is and for me does not perform noticeably better so I probably won't repurchase unless it's on sale or I can no longer get my usual cream. I don't know if it was always this expensive or the price increased after it gained popularity but I find it strange that this simple moisturizer is more expensive than even the essences with actives from Cosrx.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This is my second bottle of the Cosrx Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap and I must say the second bottle just doesn't work for me the way this lotion used to.  Although there has been about three months in-between the bottles.  The more recent bottle seems to have more of a scent to it- from the lemon peel oil and tea tree oil.  I usually love Cosrx products, although their newer products seem to have more fragrance and denatured alcohols in them than their "first generation" products (of which most I love).  Birch sap can be a good thing for skin since it has antioxidant and astringent properties, however it also has potential to irritate skin.  I would say those with oily, non-sensitive, acne prone skin will probably love the combination of ingredients in this lotion.  My super-dry, ultra-sensitive skin just doesn't love this lotion any longer. If you are interested my video review can be seen here: https://youtu.be/8_P7OL9cqno Ingredients: Betula Platyphylla Japonia Juice 70%, butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone, betaine, cetearyl alcohol, 1-2-hexanediol, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, hydroxyethy acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, sodium lactate, allantoin, panthenol, xanthan gum, ethyl hexanediol, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil

About reviewer (704 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I had high hopes for this moisturiser, having oily yet dehydrated skin made it sound like the perfect match. In terms of pro's, I love the consistency when you pump it out and it spreads very easily. It's great value for money, with very hygienic packaging and it's also nice and light so I can imagine it travels well without too much trouble. However, I will say that I should have taken into account my skin's sensitivity, in terms of fragrance, before buying. The scent, which is not too offensive, in fact it actually smells like Cola, seems to have irritated my skin. Either that or the high concentration of birchsap. Whilst it hasn't made my rosacea worse, it certainly hasn't helped it. The biggest problem I have is that despite it being nowhere near my eyes, it seems to of irritated the hell out of them. Not only slightly itchy but also a slight burning sensation. This could be to do with the lemon peel oil in the ingredients. I will probably persist with it for a few days as I hate giving up on a product after only a few days in as I would say it leaves my skin sufficiently hydrated and it's such a good price point. In terms of application I would really recommend patting it in rather than rubbing it, it also seems to work well under makeup. I would also say it does have a slightly sticky feel when first applied.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

I do not understand these high reviews at all. This product is just ok. I would not call it very moisturizing or cosmetically elegant. I've used about half of the bottle and I guess I'll finish it but certainly won't be repurchasing. It literally just sits on top of my face. It doesn't absorb at all, it just creates a sticky feeling all over my face. Really disappointed. Packaging is good.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

This product is incredible and works extremely well for my oily combination skin. It costs $20 and comes with 100 mL of product or 3.38 oz of product, and the pH balance is low at 5.5. It smells strongly of Birch, so those sensitive to smell must beware. It comes in a tall, plastic container that has a pump and cap. I really like the packaging and feel that it is hygienic. The product itself has a gel texture and sinks into the skin very quickly, so I use this for my morning routine before I apply sunscreen. It provides a wonderfully light moisture barrier and sits well under makeup. It has replaced my longtime favorite Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I was already a fan of CosRx for their Low pH Morning Cleanser and pimple patches, but this has become my favorite product from them. Often times, it is sold out online for a good reason. It's not too expensive and a little bit goes a long way. If you're looking for light hydration, look no further.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Should have never stopped using this! This is an absolute great facial moisturizer. It does what it says it does and it doesn’t clog my skin compared to the new moisturizer I’ve been using which was Clinique moisture surge which is has silicones and has been clogging my skin. I highly recommend this to people who have more combo skin as it moisturizing but maybe not enough for more dry skin types.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2 years ago

Very nice lightweight moisturizer. It absorbs really well, however it doesn't moisturize enough, I find I need to use a face oil to lock it all in. Price point is good and I really like that it is a pump bottle vs a jar. I just wish they would remove the unnecessary essential oils.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination

2 years ago

I also jumped on the band wagon that's called Asian beauty. CosRx attracted my eye because of the simple ingredient lists, the good pricing and the sleek packaging. This moisturizer was my first product to try from them and I'm really happy I did! I have sensitive, acne-prone, dehydrated but oily skin. It's hard to find a moisturizer without nasty ingredients that doesn't break me out, is too heavy/emolient but is sufficiently hydrating. But this is! It's basic, but does the job very well. I use it at night and layer it with some other light moisturizing serums and essences, and if necessary I end with a light oil (rosehip) on top when I'm feeling a bit dry or in the winter. It smells like citrus, a light and fresh scent which I really like. The package has a pump and you get a ton of product for a very reasonable price. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

After reading many good reviews, I decided to get this. The scent is something that took a while to get used to. I’ve eventually grown to like it, but it seems that this lotion is irritating my eyes, and probably coz of the scent. My eyes started itching about a month into using this lotion, and when I stopped it for a day, my eyes didn’t itch. I shall continue to monitor if it’s really this lotion causing the irritation. Besides that, this moisturiser is sufficiently moisturizing for my combo skin in a humid climate. Haven’t had any weird dry patches that sometimes happen with other moisturizers, so that’s good. Goes well under makeup.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium