Too Faced Better Together Ultimate Eye Collection

3.0

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The Better Together collection is half Too Faced and half Kat Von D, so when you buy this set you are actually getting more product [6 more eyeshadows & a full-size liquid eyeliner] then I'll be reviewing here - I'll review the other half under the correct brand. In the Too Faced half of the Ultimate Eye Collection you get six powder eyeshadows in the shades BFF (matte vanilla), Lovely (matte baby pink), Friendspiration (metallic bronze), Heart of Gold (gold glitter), Power Couple (antique gold glitter), Better Together (plum glitter), and a full-size Better Then Sex mascara in black.

I love the colour combination used, as they are very wearable shades, and they all work well together with the grungier Kat Von D half. The formula is nicely pigmented, and the shadows apply and wear well. I always expect Too Faced's card packaged shadow palettes to be of a slightly lower quality than their airtight tin ones as the formula is a bit different, but this surprised me with it's high quality. I think the shade selections make a good all year round palette - my neutral skin can lean a bit towards the cooler side in cooler months, but I find the warmer colours still look nice on. My only real issue is how the metallics contain microglitter, which can get messy [using a damp brush or finger for application reduces this].

On the not-so-great side; there are no darker matte shades in this half of the eyeshadow palette, so you do need to keep the Kat Von D half [or other preferred shades] with you for crease/lining shadow shades - you can't just take this half with you when travelling etc. Another thing that I'd caution people over is that Too Faced have released similar colours before in palette releases, so if you own some other palettes by them, it's worth double-checking before buying this. And whilst I find the Better Then Sex mascara to be far from the worst mascara I've tried, with good volume and length increase, there's nothing outstanding about it as I get the same results from cheaper ones.

The Too Faced palette is pretty and I do use it, but it is definitely a complementary palette, as opposed to the Kat Von D half which I can happily use alone. I know that these palettes are made to compliment each other so I knew what I was getting into, but yeah, I still would have been happier if this palette had been a complete-look-in-one-half kinda thing. As a all in one product Too Faced's half of Better Together is good, but if it was a standalone deal I'd have skipped it.

Top Rated Palettes