Bondi Sands - Summer Bronze Instant Tan

Bondi Sands - Summer Bronze Instant Tan

on 11/22/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is AMAZING. Simple to use, I simply sprayed it close to my skin, there was no mess at all, and easy to blend out either on its own or with a little body lotion. I used the dark shade for some color as my skin is pale, this spray will make you look airbrushed like a supermodel!!!!!! You have to try it. And it smells pretty!

on 2/16/2017 12:02:00 AM

Looks like this little wonder is going to be my successor to the now-discontinued (why??) Le Tan “Flawless Legs” and the now-ruined (WHY!!!!) Sally Hansen “Airbrush Legs”.
Those two options had, for years, been my summer staples for instant spray-on/wash off colour, but with both now off the table a replacement had to be found. And this is it.
The colour is really authentic (and it doesn't darken over time). It sprays on evenly (like Sally Hansen’s USED to) without giving big splotches and clumps of freckle-like colour which sadly the SH product does now, due to all the water they've added. (See separate review for that).
It also dries within about 5 minutes or less.
They're my 3 requirements for spray-on/wash off instant colour;
** The shade must be realistic and stay true all day
** The formula needs to be light and airy enough to spray on evenly
** It should be quick drying
I've always found these products look much more believable if they can be evenly sprayed directly onto the skin. As soon as you interfere and start rubbing you immediately lose the even effect and start creating lines. (Which is why this type of product MUST have the ability to be able to be sprayed lightly and directly onto skin).
I also like that this product has no orange or yellow undertones. I'm fair but can get very tanned with a natural suntan (which of course I no longer do) & the product I used was in the white can - “Light/Medium” (the dark can is the “Dark” version). The Light/Medium is deep enough to make a big difference and it doesn't need to be sprayed heavily to get good colour. It's akin to the Sally Hansen “Deep Glow”.
The Bondi Sands offering is a little more expensive than my old choices ($12-14 versus $17-20) but if it works well and I don't have to use a lot of it I can live with that.
I find different products are suited to different body parts, so really only use this on my lower legs and feet, in particular. Feet are especially notorious for getting to look natural with any fake tan. Because they're so often a disaster that you can't undo with traditional overnight tanners, I'd rather not risk it and just apply a light coat of this instead. It gets into all the up and down curves of ankles and toes without overly concentrating product in those areas. With a coloured spray it's pretty foolproof (just need to dip a cotton bud into some liquid soap or other mild household cleaner and go over toenails so (a) they don't look dirty and (b) so your pink nail polish doesn't change to brown beige).
In my search for replacements the other affordable option that I found was pretty good was Le Tan’s “Wash Off” (the culprit that superceded the excellent Flawless Legs). It comes in the same 2 colours Flawless Legs did (Bronze and Deep Bronze), and in a mousse or a spray. Surprisingly the mousse seems to be stocked everywhere but the spray I've only found so far in a privately owned pharmacy or (in Australia) at Priceline. I bought both but, again, spray-on (not rub-on) colour is so much better on feet. I did find the mousse good for arms though.
And all of these products come off in the shower with soap and water.