Ouai Hair Oil

Ouai Hair Oil

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this stuff! I used to really like Moroccan hair oil but tried this after I received a sample, I definitely prefer this to the Moroccan hair oil, plus Ouai oil has a pump!
I have thin hair and just use one pump of this and my hair is shined and smooth all day long, not weighted down at all. This is a light oil in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Right now, I'm just working from a sample of this product but after just 2 uses, I can say I really like it enough to purchase the full size. I am a huge fan of hair oils and leave in products generally to control my coarse, wavy, frizz-prone hair (and all I want is sleek, smoothy, shiny hair!). I count Moroccan Oil, Phyto 9, Ojon oil (discontinued now) and Macadamia Oil among my regular products, along with leave ins from Aveda, Living Proof, AG, Bumble&bumble and Alterna so I'm really hooked on anything that will make my hair silky and soft and smooth and keep it that way. This oil is fabulous. I work it into damp hair before drying and add a few more drops after I flat iron. My hair looks shiny and smooth and feels like silk. This is also a lot easier on the wallet than my Phyto products so in my books it is a total winning product. In fact, I'm off to Sephora tomorrow to pick up the full size.

on 5/4/2017 8:30:00 AM

Did nothing for my dry and damaged hair. But it is lightweight and has a nice scent.

on 4/18/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using some hair serums (Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Repair Rescue Sealed Ends) and oils (both Moroccan Oil and Josie Maran's Argan Oil) here and there to seal my ends before blow drying / applying heat to my hair, but this oil has been my go-to lately. I don't love the smell -- it's a bit too floral for my taste -- but it definitely keeps my hair from being too frizzy or my ends from looking mega-dry. Based on the ingredients list, I'd say it's more of a midway point between a pure oil (i.e. Argan Oil) and a serum, and you can tell by the consistency as well, but I think it's a great product. Definitely a good everyday oil to just add some shine to your hair.

on 6/2/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Firstly, I don't like the smell at all.. It kind of reminded of a insecticide my mother used to use but that part goes away almost instantly after rubbing into my hair ends. It smells lovely after blow-drying. I'm not too sure if I got a bad one during a sale.. It definitely did not smell like their usual shampoos/conditioners.

Price-wise I would say it's rather expensive for a hair oil but it does last a long time because a pump or two will suffice if your hair is shoulder length to chest length. Don't dry doing a half pump because it's going to be messy.

Personally, I feel that it does a better job when applying to towel-dried hair and blow-drying immediately.. It doesn't make much of a difference when applied to dry hair. It doesn't weigh down on my wavy dry hair but it doesn't seal ALL my frizziness, probably helping it reduce by more than half if you have really frizzy hair. :)

on 3/12/2017 3:10:00 PM

This is gold dust, smells absolutely amazing and is so silky soft on the hair.

I use it every day on my blonde colour damaged hair and it makes it so soft. I use it on towel dried hair and also when it's dry.

Goes great after I use my Olaplex no. 3,gl great combo

Ouai Hair Oil has been reviewed as the newest best hair oil and cult favorite of celebrities. It's been sold out at most Sephora locations, and I was very excited to order it online to try it. It's definitely not a bad hair oil, it's very light and smells amazing (light floral scent that lasts almost all day). I've used hair oils from 4 different brands, so I am going to use them as a reference so that you could get a sense of the weight and texture. The texture and weight of this is almost exactly the same as Obliphica's Seaberry Serum, lighter than Aveda's Dry Remedy Hair Oil, and significantly lighter than Moroccan Oil which has a syrupy consistency. I have coarse heavy hair and I really loved the weight of Moroccan Oil, and it's the only reason I wouldn't re-purchase this and go back to what I'm comfortable with. But in terms of its effectiveness, this definitely hydrates and smooths out dry ends without leaving any weight, so if that's what you're looking for this is a great option.