e.l.f. Prime and Stay Finishing Powder

e.l.f. Prime and Stay Finishing Powder

3.7

on 2/13/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Use to set my makeup at 6 am, still matte and no oxidation at 9:30 pm. It is very light so it may not work for a wide variety of skin tones, but it'd you are pale give it a try.

on 12/10/2017 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is honestly fine, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. It's nothing special, it doesn't have an extreme mattifying property - which I like - however it also doesn't control oil production and still emphasises dry, flaky areas. The pan also doesn't contain very much product.

on 11/18/2017 5:12:00 PM

I love a lot of Elf products and this product is great if you are not (repeat) are not prone to acne,this powder broke my skin out horribly,i would not reccommend this for anyone who has any issues with acne!!!

on 8/23/2017 3:47:00 PM

This is a great product for the price! I use it in the fair/light shade and find that it does a great job of touchups throughout the day, without looking cakey or fake. I've bought several of these and have them stashed in several places for convenience. This is a great, basic powder and I'll continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My skin is on the dry side, so I tend to mostly use sheer, moisturizing foundations or BB creams that need some powdering to set. This little guy is great for that. I got the lightest shade and I'm fairly pale, and it matched me pretty well. But since it's a pretty lightweight powder, it won't add much color or coverage to your skin. But it's a great setting powder, and I appreciate that it's light so it doesn't make my dry skin look cakey. It evens out skin tone nicely, but what I love the most is how solid the powder is. There's virtually no fallout, but isn't so soft it'll shatter when you dip your brush into it and not too hard that you get zero payoff. Overall, it's worth the $2, and maybe even a little more. This is definitely a "throw in the purse on-the-go" type of product.

on 7/3/2017 2:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure if I'm reviewing the same product but the packaging looks identical to the product I bought (called Flawless Face powder). I got the lightest color (ivory) at Target. They changed the colors of the Sonia Kushuk pressed powder I had intended to replace. Since I was in a pinch and this was only $2, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I use a pure mineral sunscreen because chemical sunscreens burn my eyes. Because of thus, I'm often left with a ghostly white cast. The Sonia Kusuk pressed powder I had before did a serviceable job to temper that, as well as being finely milled enough to be unnoticeable when piled on heavier onto shinier areas. Not so with this. The color and finish looked all right when lightly brushed on after putting on sunscreen, but by midday my tzone was a glaringly shiny. So I used a puff to press more of the powder in and that's when it kind of broke down. It looked orange-y (weird because in the palette the shade us an exact match to Ben Nye's Banana loose powder). It also looked unnatural, clinging to dry patches and highlighting my pores vs smoothing everything out. Not horrible, mind you, but I definitely would not purchase this again.

Full disclosure: I'm not a makeup junkie and this the third powder have bought in a decade, so I don't have much of a basis for comparison, but this was far inferior to the couple that I have tried.

One half star just for the slim, minimal, tiny packaging.

on 6/7/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This didn't work for me unfortunately. The color was actually a little dark on my skin (I got the lightest shade), and it clung really badly onto small dry patches/blemishes and emphasized my pores. It got cakey under my eyes when I tried to set my concealer with it. It's not something I'll buy again but I used about 80% of it up before I replaced it with the loose translucent powder by Elf.

The packaging is actually sturdier than I expected, I dragged it around in my bag for a few weeks with no issue, dropped it and the cover didn't break, nor did the powder crumble. I can see why this works for some, but not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this at the recommendation of a friend. Going through my reviews and seeing how many of my 2 star ones are about recommendations from friends, I'm starting to reconsider taking recommendations!

I was told that this would perform better than the translucent powder that I was using, which is E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder. I was happy with the performance of the powder as it was, but I'm always on the lookout for less expensive products that can offer me the same thing. Unfortunately, I haven't found it here. I find that even the fair color darkens my foundation too much, and besides that it doesn't do anything that the HD Powder doesn't.

I emptied the compact and pressed one of my loose powders into it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 point off packaging for not having a place to put your puff, it being a crappy puff & no mirror but this is basic powder so basic packaging comes w it. For $2 who gives a what! If you are wanting fancier packaging buy elf mattifying powder for a buck more. I carry my own travel brushes in my bag anyways so it's cool but like i said this is BASIC as they come even LA Colors has a mini mirror. But the product isn't bad in fact I'm a basic "B" I like basic it's cheap it's good it's readily available normally Kroger has a couple in my color & I am a powder fiend so my face eats powders so I'll buy these in 2s & 3s at a time. Mattifying, sets MU, colorless, cheap, available, color selection need I say more???!! I'll buy this forever! MAC blot powder is nice but $2??!!! Go me! Go. Buy. More! Frugalista's unite and take over!!!

Super basic finishing powder. This isn't a foundation. It's not full coverage and isn't made as a perfect match powder. It's something that you just dust over your finished makeup to set it! It gets the job done and is a great tiny compact that is perfect for carrying in your purse for touch ups! I just wish it had a mirror.