3.7

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/6/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a mini, that I'm having a hard time using up. I've tried quite a few setting powders (and keep going back to MAC Prep + Prime). I don't really like it under my eyes because it's too chunky, and I don't like it for my face because when I use it over liquid foundation, I want a silky finish, and this leaves my skin kinda damp - as if I hadn't applied powder. Generally, the powder is a little lumpy - a little like cocoa powder acts. It also acts like if it was damp when I use my brush over a few days without washing it - it clumps up on it (maybe this is meant to be used with a puff or sponge?). The texture makes it a little hard to distribute, compared to some of my other powders. I don't like that it gives a little bit of color either. I'm not dark - about NC25, but it lightens my foundation. My last complain is: it doesn't set my makeup well. I tested this in California, for about 2 months. From something named "Lock it", I would expect some really good setting properties, but this actually makes my undereyes crease and seems to clump together on my skin during the day, taking my foundation with it.

Overall, the only thing I like about it is the packaging. I have many other things: NYX, Hard Candy, Ulta (NOT the mineral setting powder) and other, much cheaper powders that perform better than this. Another powder that is very similar to this is the CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder. I don't like that one either, but if someone likes the Kat Von D one, but the color doesn't work for their skin, CoverFX have different colors available.

I'm not a huge fan of setting powders as they tend to make my skin look dry and flat. however, I was surprised at how my skin looked with this powder, especially my under eye concealer.

I can't say I've had no creasing at all, as it simply is not the case, however I did notice a significant improvement in the longevity and overall appearance of my concealer. (Also I like to drench my skin in moisture, as well as ignoring my primer, so that may contribute to the creasing).

My t-zone does tend to need a couple of powderings throughout the day, but I live in a Mediterranean climat and it's summer, so my spf and the humidity can be to blame too.

All in all, I'm pleased, I use it every day, I got the travel size from sephora for 16 euros and I've been using it for a month and probably have about 85% of the product left so I definitely do recommend trying it out. It is superior to other powders as it is the only one that doesn't enhance dryness, despite mattifying and adds a certain luminosity

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have tried Laura Mercier and this one and for some reason I like this one better.
I have both and I always go for this one, it just looks better on my skin.
I am not sure it actually sets the makeup, but I guess I do notice my makeup stays on a bit longer if I apply this.

on 6/9/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am a HUGE fan of this powder. It left my face looking so smooth and poreless. I used it to set my under eye concealer and t-zone, and I was matte and flawless looking all day long!

It sets my make up beautifully, also great to set my concealer and minimize the creasing. I have light skin NC20-25 and it doesn’t look pale on me. My skin is oily and this powder isn’t oil absorbing and doesn’t matify my skin. It’s identical to the Laura Mercier Tranculent powder I wish I hadn’t bought both because I feel like I now have two exactly same products in my collection. It's a nice setting powder but even my Catrice Prime and Fine Transparent pressed powder does the exact same thing and costs way less.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a love / hate relationship with this powder.
I am usually a high-end make up buyer: Chanel Poudre Universelle & Voilettes by Guerlain are my top favourites powders.
I do not consider theKat Von D brand particularly high end nor luxury, the packaging is cheap looking and feeling.
However it is expensive, as I bought it in Sephora Italy for Eur 38 (Dior is priced at 45, Chanel is 48 and they are a tremendously better packaging!).

the Kat Von D loose powder is indeed finely milled, however, having only one shade availaible I presumed it should be transparent and therefore disappear.
On the contrary, it leaves a chalky, white finish on my makeup. I need to apply bronzer right after, to fix the shade.
This product feels silky on my skin, and I have have no reactions whatsoever, so all in all it is good.
However I am sure I will not buy again, there are far better alternatives on the market for a similar price.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent powder!Interesting mica based formula
Give a lot a of luminosity to the skin
I never noticed any glitter just pure luminosity
The only thing I don't like is the texture. It's the kind of flour like texture (like the Laura mercier)but the heaviness doesn't translate on the skin.The powder completely disappears leaving a luminous veil in the face
Update :this product deserve one more star
It hold up in the hot carribean climate perfectly
Plus I think some review are unfair accusing to be glittery when it's just luminous but product like the meteorites,the hourglass lightning powder the bourjois rice powder who are glitter bomb have big ratings

on 10/28/2017 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I purchased the sample size because it was cheaper and came with a puff. I am in the light foundation shades and the powder doesn’t make me look too pale. My complexion looks nice last all day.

on 10/19/2017 12:26:00 AM

I received a pretty big deluxe sample of this at Sephora when I made a big purchase a few weeks ago... Not impressed. The only real true loose setting powder I ever use is Becca or Laura Mercier, even then I don't pack it on, or bake persay, as I'm 47 yo, and heavy powder doesn't suit me.. I could see younger girls that don't have dry skin, really loving this, I'm sure I would have loved it when I was super oily in my 20's, not worrying about powder sinking into any fine lines etc.. I still think even for younger girls, there's better options available like Born This Way Ethereal loose setting powder, or Laura Mercier loose powder. I won't be purchasing, and gave the large sample to my 22 yo niece and she likes it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore Kat Von D and her commitment to cruelty free products. I wear her Tattoo eyeliner religiously and have about 12 of her lipsticks. When she came out with a powder, I ran to Sephora to get it.

I loved this powder at first, because it is lovely to apply, feels great on the skin, and the packaging is fantastic. This is a gorgeous luxury product. For someone else.

I have come to the sad realization that this powder is not absorbent enough for the oiliest of skins, like mine. Five minutes after application my shine was coming through - I caught a look at myself in a mirror today and realized this product just isn't gonna cut it any more for me.

I'm going to use my alternative, which is the "un-powder" from RMS Beauty. It's also cruelty-free and it does a much better job of keeping shine at bay. I would also recommend the ELF dupe of MUF's Ultra HD powder.