Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.7

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/6/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a mini, that I'm having a hard time using up. I've tried quite a few setting powders (and keep going back to MAC Prep + Prime). I don't really like it under my eyes because it's too chunky, and I don't like it for my face because when I use it over liquid foundation, I want a silky finish, and this leaves my skin kinda damp - as if I hadn't applied powder. Generally, the powder is a little lumpy - a little like cocoa powder acts. It also acts like if it was damp when I use my brush over a few days without washing it - it clumps up on it (maybe this is meant to be used with a puff or sponge?). The texture makes it a little hard to distribute, compared to some of my other powders. I don't like that it gives a little bit of color either. I'm not dark - about NC25, but it lightens my foundation. My last complain is: it doesn't set my makeup well. I tested this in California, for about 2 months. From something named "Lock it", I would expect some really good setting properties, but this actually makes my undereyes crease and seems to clump together on my skin during the day, taking my foundation with it.

Overall, the only thing I like about it is the packaging. I have many other things: NYX, Hard Candy, Ulta (NOT the mineral setting powder) and other, much cheaper powders that perform better than this. Another powder that is very similar to this is the CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder. I don't like that one either, but if someone likes the Kat Von D one, but the color doesn't work for their skin, CoverFX have different colors available.

I'm not a huge fan of setting powders as they tend to make my skin look dry and flat. however, I was surprised at how my skin looked with this powder, especially my under eye concealer.

I can't say I've had no creasing at all, as it simply is not the case, however I did notice a significant improvement in the longevity and overall appearance of my concealer. (Also I like to drench my skin in moisture, as well as ignoring my primer, so that may contribute to the creasing).

My t-zone does tend to need a couple of powderings throughout the day, but I live in a Mediterranean climat and it's summer, so my spf and the humidity can be to blame too.

All in all, I'm pleased, I use it every day, I got the travel size from sephora for 16 euros and I've been using it for a month and probably have about 85% of the product left so I definitely do recommend trying it out. It is superior to other powders as it is the only one that doesn't enhance dryness, despite mattifying and adds a certain luminosity

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have tried Laura Mercier and this one and for some reason I like this one better.
I have both and I always go for this one, it just looks better on my skin.
I am not sure it actually sets the makeup, but I guess I do notice my makeup stays on a bit longer if I apply this.

It sets my make up beautifully, also great to set my concealer and minimize the creasing. I have light skin NC20-25 and it doesn’t look pale on me. My skin is oily and this powder isn’t oil absorbing and doesn’t matify my skin. It’s identical to the Laura Mercier Tranculent powder I wish I hadn’t bought both because I feel like I now have two exactly same products in my collection. It's a nice setting powder but even my Catrice Prime and Fine Transparent pressed powder does the exact same thing and costs way less.

on 10/19/2017 12:26:00 AM

I received a pretty big deluxe sample of this at Sephora when I made a big purchase a few weeks ago... Not impressed. The only real true loose setting powder I ever use is Becca or Laura Mercier, even then I don't pack it on, or bake persay, as I'm 47 yo, and heavy powder doesn't suit me.. I could see younger girls that don't have dry skin, really loving this, I'm sure I would have loved it when I was super oily in my 20's, not worrying about powder sinking into any fine lines etc.. I still think even for younger girls, there's better options available like Born This Way Ethereal loose setting powder, or Laura Mercier loose powder. I won't be purchasing, and gave the large sample to my 22 yo niece and she likes it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin and knowing this was a KVD product (brand known for its heavy coverage, bulletproof wear) I was a bit skeptical at first. Thankfully, this powder turned out to be amazing and here is why.

For starters it is so finely milled, it feels like dust (in a good way). It is not your typical stark white powder either, it is a bit flesh-toned, so I find it really melts into your skin. Depending on how you apply it - you can go from a natural, satin to full-on matte finish really quick. I also find that it should work for a plethora of skin types, it all goes back to how you apply it. I talk more about the wear and application techniques in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/08/23/Little-KVD-Lock-It-Haul). If you are a fan of baking, then this might be your new jam. I personally don't bake, but keep hearing great things about this powder in particular.

on 4/17/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and have been using Ben Nye Luxury powders and silica "HD" powders for years (usually I custom mix half and half). Thought I'd try something new. Unfortunately I've been working with this powder for 2 weeks now and I must say I am disappointed. This powder feels like flour to me - its super dry and cakes up on my skin even with using a damp beauty blender to apply. My skin just didn't seem to absorb it I guess, but it also was no where near as finely milled in comparison to my other powders. Its almost as if it was completely different type of product....so maybe my expectations were off? But to be honest, the main reason I bought this was for the packaging. Large, sleek and sturdy jar, black lid with cool logo, and the sifter holes are in a freaking star shaped pattern - LOVE it! haha. It was a very expensive jar however as I've swapped out the contents for my old powders. Oh well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great powder for someone who doesn't like powder so much. Very finely milled, almost non-existent once applied but provides the desired setting one uses a powder for.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I've been using Armani's luminous silk powder to set my foundation as it gives me a nice finish. However, I note that the Armani's powder is too expensive to be used in this manner, hence, I was on the lookout for loose powder which will give the same result.

My bestie graciously poured me some of this Kat Von D ("KVD") setting powder to try. I applied my Armani Lasting Silk Foundation and used this to set it. The finish was translucent and not cakey at all. There is no smell to it and when my oils seeped through, the powder didn't shift or crease or sink into my pores / lines. All I saw nice dewy skin!

I bought myself a full tub of it and am happy to share that this powder is on its way to becoming holy grail for me! That said, when my skin is acting up (all red and zitty or pimply) I would use the Chanel Vitalumiere loose power instead as that one provides some form of coverage as compared to this.

The price of this powder is also very economical! It costs only SGD49.90 for huge tub. I will purchase this again when i run out.

This is an incredibly finely milled setting powder that invisibly sinks into your skin to give you a completely natural finish. Because of how fine the powder is, it effortlessly pops in and out of the loose powder container. One of the things I hate most about loose powders is the difficulty in getting the powder out of the holes and into the lid to apply the powder. The packaging is brilliantly put together, the lid is a very deep bowl that neatly keeps the powder in and when you're finished, the powder cleanly falls back into the main container with very little product loss. But the best part of this powder is the smell, it smells like almond powder. It does a great job matting your foundation and moisturizer without drying out your skin, and leaves your skin with a dewy glow. This powder is amazing, I just picked up the matching powder brush to go with it too.