Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.3

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 10/28/2017 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I purchased the sample size because it was cheaper and came with a puff. I am in the light foundation shades and the powder doesn’t make me look too pale. My complexion looks nice last all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore Kat Von D and her commitment to cruelty free products. I wear her Tattoo eyeliner religiously and have about 12 of her lipsticks. When she came out with a powder, I ran to Sephora to get it.

I loved this powder at first, because it is lovely to apply, feels great on the skin, and the packaging is fantastic. This is a gorgeous luxury product. For someone else.

I have come to the sad realization that this powder is not absorbent enough for the oiliest of skins, like mine. Five minutes after application my shine was coming through - I caught a look at myself in a mirror today and realized this product just isn't gonna cut it any more for me.

I'm going to use my alternative, which is the "un-powder" from RMS Beauty. It's also cruelty-free and it does a much better job of keeping shine at bay. I would also recommend the ELF dupe of MUF's Ultra HD powder.

on 7/10/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I generally love KVD products but this is a "meh" for me. My skin is combo, oilier in summer and this doesn't cut it for me. It doesn't "lock" my foundation nor leave me shine free for a lengthy period. It will probably work better for me in autumn and winter, although like the previous reviewer, I'm not fond of the application. If I'm not very careful to tap off uniformly and use sparingly, it tends to apply heavily and unevenly (I use an It Cosmetics powder brush).
I do like the sturdy packaging and that the product falls back into the jar well, without a mess. I wouldn't repurchase, sadly.

EDIT 15 OCT 2017: I have found that for me, this applies better with a dry Real Tech sponge or BB. I would add 0.5 lippies for this, as the coverage is seamless. But while lasting better un cooler temps this still does not perform as well on my oily skin as hoped.