Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.7

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 10/19/2017 12:26:00 AM

I received a pretty big deluxe sample of this at Sephora when I made a big purchase a few weeks ago... Not impressed. The only real true loose setting powder I ever use is Becca or Laura Mercier, even then I don't pack it on, or bake persay, as I'm 47 yo, and heavy powder doesn't suit me.. I could see younger girls that don't have dry skin, really loving this, I'm sure I would have loved it when I was super oily in my 20's, not worrying about powder sinking into any fine lines etc.. I still think even for younger girls, there's better options available like Born This Way Ethereal loose setting powder, or Laura Mercier loose powder. I won't be purchasing, and gave the large sample to my 22 yo niece and she likes it.

on 7/10/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I generally love KVD products but this is a "meh" for me. My skin is combo, oilier in summer and this doesn't cut it for me. It doesn't "lock" my foundation nor leave me shine free for a lengthy period. It will probably work better for me in autumn and winter, although like the previous reviewer, I'm not fond of the application. If I'm not very careful to tap off uniformly and use sparingly, it tends to apply heavily and unevenly (I use an It Cosmetics powder brush).
I do like the sturdy packaging and that the product falls back into the jar well, without a mess. I wouldn't repurchase, sadly.

EDIT 15 OCT 2017: I have found that for me, this applies better with a dry Real Tech sponge or BB. I would add 0.5 lippies for this, as the coverage is seamless. But while lasting better un cooler temps this still does not perform as well on my oily skin as hoped.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great powder for someone who doesn't like powder so much. Very finely milled, almost non-existent once applied but provides the desired setting one uses a powder for.