Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.9

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/6/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a mini, that I'm having a hard time using up. I've tried quite a few setting powders (and keep going back to MAC Prep + Prime). I don't really like it under my eyes because it's too chunky, and I don't like it for my face because when I use it over liquid foundation, I want a silky finish, and this leaves my skin kinda damp - as if I hadn't applied powder. Generally, the powder is a little lumpy - a little like cocoa powder acts. It also acts like if it was damp when I use my brush over a few days without washing it - it clumps up on it (maybe this is meant to be used with a puff or sponge?). The texture makes it a little hard to distribute, compared to some of my other powders. I don't like that it gives a little bit of color either. I'm not dark - about NC25, but it lightens my foundation. My last complain is: it doesn't set my makeup well. I tested this in California, for about 2 months. From something named "Lock it", I would expect some really good setting properties, but this actually makes my undereyes crease and seems to clump together on my skin during the day, taking my foundation with it.

Overall, the only thing I like about it is the packaging. I have many other things: NYX, Hard Candy, Ulta (NOT the mineral setting powder) and other, much cheaper powders that perform better than this. Another powder that is very similar to this is the CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder. I don't like that one either, but if someone likes the Kat Von D one, but the color doesn't work for their skin, CoverFX have different colors available.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have tried Laura Mercier and this one and for some reason I like this one better.
I have both and I always go for this one, it just looks better on my skin.
I am not sure it actually sets the makeup, but I guess I do notice my makeup stays on a bit longer if I apply this.

on 10/28/2017 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I purchased the sample size because it was cheaper and came with a puff. I am in the light foundation shades and the powder doesn’t make me look too pale. My complexion looks nice last all day.

on 10/19/2017 12:26:00 AM

I received a pretty big deluxe sample of this at Sephora when I made a big purchase a few weeks ago... Not impressed. The only real true loose setting powder I ever use is Becca or Laura Mercier, even then I don't pack it on, or bake persay, as I'm 47 yo, and heavy powder doesn't suit me.. I could see younger girls that don't have dry skin, really loving this, I'm sure I would have loved it when I was super oily in my 20's, not worrying about powder sinking into any fine lines etc.. I still think even for younger girls, there's better options available like Born This Way Ethereal loose setting powder, or Laura Mercier loose powder. I won't be purchasing, and gave the large sample to my 22 yo niece and she likes it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin and knowing this was a KVD product (brand known for its heavy coverage, bulletproof wear) I was a bit skeptical at first. Thankfully, this powder turned out to be amazing and here is why.

For starters it is so finely milled, it feels like dust (in a good way). It is not your typical stark white powder either, it is a bit flesh-toned, so I find it really melts into your skin. Depending on how you apply it - you can go from a natural, satin to full-on matte finish really quick. I also find that it should work for a plethora of skin types, it all goes back to how you apply it. I talk more about the wear and application techniques in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/08/23/Little-KVD-Lock-It-Haul). If you are a fan of baking, then this might be your new jam. I personally don't bake, but keep hearing great things about this powder in particular.

on 4/17/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and have been using Ben Nye Luxury powders and silica "HD" powders for years (usually I custom mix half and half). Thought I'd try something new. Unfortunately I've been working with this powder for 2 weeks now and I must say I am disappointed. This powder feels like flour to me - its super dry and cakes up on my skin even with using a damp beauty blender to apply. My skin just didn't seem to absorb it I guess, but it also was no where near as finely milled in comparison to my other powders. Its almost as if it was completely different type of product....so maybe my expectations were off? But to be honest, the main reason I bought this was for the packaging. Large, sleek and sturdy jar, black lid with cool logo, and the sifter holes are in a freaking star shaped pattern - LOVE it! haha. It was a very expensive jar however as I've swapped out the contents for my old powders. Oh well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great powder for someone who doesn't like powder so much. Very finely milled, almost non-existent once applied but provides the desired setting one uses a powder for.

This is an incredibly finely milled setting powder that invisibly sinks into your skin to give you a completely natural finish. Because of how fine the powder is, it effortlessly pops in and out of the loose powder container. One of the things I hate most about loose powders is the difficulty in getting the powder out of the holes and into the lid to apply the powder. The packaging is brilliantly put together, the lid is a very deep bowl that neatly keeps the powder in and when you're finished, the powder cleanly falls back into the main container with very little product loss. But the best part of this powder is the smell, it smells like almond powder. It does a great job matting your foundation and moisturizer without drying out your skin, and leaves your skin with a dewy glow. This powder is amazing, I just picked up the matching powder brush to go with it too.