Filtered by skin type : Normal

2.0

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore Kat Von D and her commitment to cruelty free products. I wear her Tattoo eyeliner religiously and have about 12 of her lipsticks. When she came out with a powder, I ran to Sephora to get it.

I loved this powder at first, because it is lovely to apply, feels great on the skin, and the packaging is fantastic. This is a gorgeous luxury product. For someone else.

I have come to the sad realization that this powder is not absorbent enough for the oiliest of skins, like mine. Five minutes after application my shine was coming through - I caught a look at myself in a mirror today and realized this product just isn't gonna cut it any more for me.

I'm going to use my alternative, which is the "un-powder" from RMS Beauty. It's also cruelty-free and it does a much better job of keeping shine at bay. I would also recommend the ELF dupe of MUF's Ultra HD powder.

on 4/17/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and have been using Ben Nye Luxury powders and silica "HD" powders for years (usually I custom mix half and half). Thought I'd try something new. Unfortunately I've been working with this powder for 2 weeks now and I must say I am disappointed. This powder feels like flour to me - its super dry and cakes up on my skin even with using a damp beauty blender to apply. My skin just didn't seem to absorb it I guess, but it also was no where near as finely milled in comparison to my other powders. Its almost as if it was completely different type of product....so maybe my expectations were off? But to be honest, the main reason I bought this was for the packaging. Large, sleek and sturdy jar, black lid with cool logo, and the sifter holes are in a freaking star shaped pattern - LOVE it! haha. It was a very expensive jar however as I've swapped out the contents for my old powders. Oh well.