3.8

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore Kat Von D and her commitment to cruelty free products. I wear her Tattoo eyeliner religiously and have about 12 of her lipsticks. When she came out with a powder, I ran to Sephora to get it.

I loved this powder at first, because it is lovely to apply, feels great on the skin, and the packaging is fantastic. This is a gorgeous luxury product. For someone else.

I have come to the sad realization that this powder is not absorbent enough for the oiliest of skins, like mine. Five minutes after application my shine was coming through - I caught a look at myself in a mirror today and realized this product just isn't gonna cut it any more for me.

I'm going to use my alternative, which is the "un-powder" from RMS Beauty. It's also cruelty-free and it does a much better job of keeping shine at bay. I would also recommend the ELF dupe of MUF's Ultra HD powder.

on 4/17/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and have been using Ben Nye Luxury powders and silica "HD" powders for years (usually I custom mix half and half). Thought I'd try something new. Unfortunately I've been working with this powder for 2 weeks now and I must say I am disappointed. This powder feels like flour to me - its super dry and cakes up on my skin even with using a damp beauty blender to apply. My skin just didn't seem to absorb it I guess, but it also was no where near as finely milled in comparison to my other powders. Its almost as if it was completely different type of product....so maybe my expectations were off? But to be honest, the main reason I bought this was for the packaging. Large, sleek and sturdy jar, black lid with cool logo, and the sifter holes are in a freaking star shaped pattern - LOVE it! haha. It was a very expensive jar however as I've swapped out the contents for my old powders. Oh well.

on 10/19/2017 12:26:00 AM

I received a pretty big deluxe sample of this at Sephora when I made a big purchase a few weeks ago... Not impressed. The only real true loose setting powder I ever use is Becca or Laura Mercier, even then I don't pack it on, or bake persay, as I'm 47 yo, and heavy powder doesn't suit me.. I could see younger girls that don't have dry skin, really loving this, I'm sure I would have loved it when I was super oily in my 20's, not worrying about powder sinking into any fine lines etc.. I still think even for younger girls, there's better options available like Born This Way Ethereal loose setting powder, or Laura Mercier loose powder. I won't be purchasing, and gave the large sample to my 22 yo niece and she likes it.

on 7/10/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I generally love KVD products but this is a "meh" for me. My skin is combo, oilier in summer and this doesn't cut it for me. It doesn't "lock" my foundation nor leave me shine free for a lengthy period. It will probably work better for me in autumn and winter, although like the previous reviewer, I'm not fond of the application. If I'm not very careful to tap off uniformly and use sparingly, it tends to apply heavily and unevenly (I use an It Cosmetics powder brush).
I do like the sturdy packaging and that the product falls back into the jar well, without a mess. I wouldn't repurchase, sadly.

EDIT 15 OCT 2017: I have found that for me, this applies better with a dry Real Tech sponge or BB. I would add 0.5 lippies for this, as the coverage is seamless. But while lasting better un cooler temps this still does not perform as well on my oily skin as hoped.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent powder!Interesting mica based formula
Give a lot a of luminosity to the skin
I never noticed any glitter just pure luminosity
The only thing I don't like is the texture. It's the kind of flour like texture (like the Laura mercier)but the heaviness doesn't translate on the skin.The powder completely disappears leaving a luminous veil in the face

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I've been using Armani's luminous silk powder to set my foundation as it gives me a nice finish. However, I note that the Armani's powder is too expensive to be used in this manner, hence, I was on the lookout for loose powder which will give the same result.

My bestie graciously poured me some of this Kat Von D ("KVD") setting powder to try. I applied my Armani Lasting Silk Foundation and used this to set it. The finish was translucent and not cakey at all. There is no smell to it and when my oils seeped through, the powder didn't shift or crease or sink into my pores / lines. All I saw nice dewy skin!

I bought myself a full tub of it and am happy to share that this powder is on its way to becoming holy grail for me! That said, when my skin is acting up (all red and zitty or pimply) I would use the Chanel Vitalumiere loose power instead as that one provides some form of coverage as compared to this.

The price of this powder is also very economical! It costs only SGD49.90 for huge tub. I will purchase this again when i run out.

on 10/28/2017 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I purchased the sample size because it was cheaper and came with a puff. I am in the light foundation shades and the powder doesn’t make me look too pale. My complexion looks nice last all day.

Having dry skin and knowing this was a KVD product (brand known for its heavy coverage, bulletproof wear) I was a bit skeptical at first. Thankfully, this powder turned out to be amazing and here is why.

For starters it is so finely milled, it feels like dust (in a good way). It is not your typical stark white powder either, it is a bit flesh-toned, so I find it really melts into your skin. Depending on how you apply it - you can go from a natural, satin to full-on matte finish really quick. I also find that it should work for a plethora of skin types, it all goes back to how you apply it. I talk more about the wear and application techniques in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/08/23/Little-KVD-Lock-It-Haul). If you are a fan of baking, then this might be your new jam. I personally don't bake, but keep hearing great things about this powder in particular.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great powder for someone who doesn't like powder so much. Very finely milled, almost non-existent once applied but provides the desired setting one uses a powder for.

This is an incredibly finely milled setting powder that invisibly sinks into your skin to give you a completely natural finish. Because of how fine the powder is, it effortlessly pops in and out of the loose powder container. One of the things I hate most about loose powders is the difficulty in getting the powder out of the holes and into the lid to apply the powder. The packaging is brilliantly put together, the lid is a very deep bowl that neatly keeps the powder in and when you're finished, the powder cleanly falls back into the main container with very little product loss. But the best part of this powder is the smell, it smells like almond powder. It does a great job matting your foundation and moisturizer without drying out your skin, and leaves your skin with a dewy glow. This powder is amazing, I just picked up the matching powder brush to go with it too.