Filtered by skin type : Combination
Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I've been using Armani's luminous silk powder to set my foundation as it gives me a nice finish. However, I note that the Armani's powder is too expensive to be used in this manner, hence, I was on the lookout for loose powder which will give the same result.

My bestie graciously poured me some of this Kat Von D ("KVD") setting powder to try. I applied my Armani Lasting Silk Foundation and used this to set it. The finish was translucent and not cakey at all. There is no smell to it and when my oils seeped through, the powder didn't shift or crease or sink into my pores / lines. All I saw nice dewy skin!

I bought myself a full tub of it and am happy to share that this powder is on its way to becoming holy grail for me! That said, when my skin is acting up (all red and zitty or pimply) I would use the Chanel Vitalumiere loose power instead as that one provides some form of coverage as compared to this.

The price of this powder is also very economical! It costs only SGD49.90 for huge tub. I will purchase this again when i run out.

on 10/19/2017 12:26:00 AM

I received a pretty big deluxe sample of this at Sephora when I made a big purchase a few weeks ago... Not impressed. The only real true loose setting powder I ever use is Becca or Laura Mercier, even then I don't pack it on, or bake persay, as I'm 47 yo, and heavy powder doesn't suit me.. I could see younger girls that don't have dry skin, really loving this, I'm sure I would have loved it when I was super oily in my 20's, not worrying about powder sinking into any fine lines etc.. I still think even for younger girls, there's better options available like Born This Way Ethereal loose setting powder, or Laura Mercier loose powder. I won't be purchasing, and gave the large sample to my 22 yo niece and she likes it.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a love / hate relationship with this powder.
I am usually a high-end make up buyer: Chanel Poudre Universelle & Voilettes by Guerlain are my top favourites powders.
I do not consider theKat Von D brand particularly high end nor luxury, the packaging is cheap looking and feeling.
However it is expensive, as I bought it in Sephora Italy for Eur 38 (Dior is priced at 45, Chanel is 48 and they are a tremendously better packaging!).

the Kat Von D loose powder is indeed finely milled, however, having only one shade availaible I presumed it should be transparent and therefore disappear.
On the contrary, it leaves a chalky, white finish on my makeup. I need to apply bronzer right after, to fix the shade.
This product feels silky on my skin, and I have have no reactions whatsoever, so all in all it is good.
However I am sure I will not buy again, there are far better alternatives on the market for a similar price.