Filtered by age: 36-43

4.3

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/10/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I generally love KVD products but this is a "meh" for me. My skin is combo, oilier in summer and this doesn't cut it for me. It doesn't "lock" my foundation nor leave me shine free for a lengthy period. It will probably work better for me in autumn and winter, although like the previous reviewer, I'm not fond of the application. If I'm not very careful to tap off uniformly and use sparingly, it tends to apply heavily and unevenly (I use an It Cosmetics powder brush).
I do like the sturdy packaging and that the product falls back into the jar well, without a mess. I wouldn't repurchase, sadly.

EDIT 15 OCT 2017: I have found that for me, this applies better with a dry Real Tech sponge or BB. I would add 0.5 lippies for this, as the coverage is seamless. But while lasting better un cooler temps this still does not perform as well on my oily skin as hoped.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great powder for someone who doesn't like powder so much. Very finely milled, almost non-existent once applied but provides the desired setting one uses a powder for.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I've been using Armani's luminous silk powder to set my foundation as it gives me a nice finish. However, I note that the Armani's powder is too expensive to be used in this manner, hence, I was on the lookout for loose powder which will give the same result.

My bestie graciously poured me some of this Kat Von D ("KVD") setting powder to try. I applied my Armani Lasting Silk Foundation and used this to set it. The finish was translucent and not cakey at all. There is no smell to it and when my oils seeped through, the powder didn't shift or crease or sink into my pores / lines. All I saw nice dewy skin!

I bought myself a full tub of it and am happy to share that this powder is on its way to becoming holy grail for me! That said, when my skin is acting up (all red and zitty or pimply) I would use the Chanel Vitalumiere loose power instead as that one provides some form of coverage as compared to this.

The price of this powder is also very economical! It costs only SGD49.90 for huge tub. I will purchase this again when i run out.

This is an incredibly finely milled setting powder that invisibly sinks into your skin to give you a completely natural finish. Because of how fine the powder is, it effortlessly pops in and out of the loose powder container. One of the things I hate most about loose powders is the difficulty in getting the powder out of the holes and into the lid to apply the powder. The packaging is brilliantly put together, the lid is a very deep bowl that neatly keeps the powder in and when you're finished, the powder cleanly falls back into the main container with very little product loss. But the best part of this powder is the smell, it smells like almond powder. It does a great job matting your foundation and moisturizer without drying out your skin, and leaves your skin with a dewy glow. This powder is amazing, I just picked up the matching powder brush to go with it too.