Filtered by age: 25-29

3.8

Mica, Talc, Magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, zea mays (corn) starch, jojoba esters, benzoic acide, lauroyl lysine, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmtate, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/6/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought a mini, that I'm having a hard time using up. I've tried quite a few setting powders (and keep going back to MAC Prep + Prime). I don't really like it under my eyes because it's too chunky, and I don't like it for my face because when I use it over liquid foundation, I want a silky finish, and this leaves my skin kinda damp - as if I hadn't applied powder. Generally, the powder is a little lumpy - a little like cocoa powder acts. It also acts like if it was damp when I use my brush over a few days without washing it - it clumps up on it (maybe this is meant to be used with a puff or sponge?). The texture makes it a little hard to distribute, compared to some of my other powders. I don't like that it gives a little bit of color either. I'm not dark - about NC25, but it lightens my foundation. My last complain is: it doesn't set my makeup well. I tested this in California, for about 2 months. From something named "Lock it", I would expect some really good setting properties, but this actually makes my undereyes crease and seems to clump together on my skin during the day, taking my foundation with it.

Overall, the only thing I like about it is the packaging. I have many other things: NYX, Hard Candy, Ulta (NOT the mineral setting powder) and other, much cheaper powders that perform better than this. Another powder that is very similar to this is the CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder. I don't like that one either, but if someone likes the Kat Von D one, but the color doesn't work for their skin, CoverFX have different colors available.

on 6/9/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am a HUGE fan of this powder. It left my face looking so smooth and poreless. I used it to set my under eye concealer and t-zone, and I was matte and flawless looking all day long!

It sets my make up beautifully, also great to set my concealer and minimize the creasing. I have light skin NC20-25 and it doesn’t look pale on me. My skin is oily and this powder isn’t oil absorbing and doesn’t matify my skin. It’s identical to the Laura Mercier Tranculent powder I wish I hadn’t bought both because I feel like I now have two exactly same products in my collection. It's a nice setting powder but even my Catrice Prime and Fine Transparent pressed powder does the exact same thing and costs way less.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin and knowing this was a KVD product (brand known for its heavy coverage, bulletproof wear) I was a bit skeptical at first. Thankfully, this powder turned out to be amazing and here is why.

For starters it is so finely milled, it feels like dust (in a good way). It is not your typical stark white powder either, it is a bit flesh-toned, so I find it really melts into your skin. Depending on how you apply it - you can go from a natural, satin to full-on matte finish really quick. I also find that it should work for a plethora of skin types, it all goes back to how you apply it. I talk more about the wear and application techniques in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/08/23/Little-KVD-Lock-It-Haul). If you are a fan of baking, then this might be your new jam. I personally don't bake, but keep hearing great things about this powder in particular.