L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono-Cafe Au Lait

No Image

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Let me start by saying that I seldom wear mattes. I just prefer some shimmer on my lid. But I am HOOKED on this shade. For such a light color the pigmentation is great. I'm pale and cool toned with blue eyes and just cannot go wrong with this color. It's a light brown that is cool toned and makes my blue-grey eyes look ice blue. I pair it with black mascara and eyeliner and BOOM. Cannot go wrong with this color. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a good quality taupey nude. Such a versatile color that I wear daily no matter the occasion. No need for me to buy the newest shades when this classic color will never go out of style.

on 3/29/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great product. A "creamy" powder that is very pigmented and can be blended with a dense brush. I apply with my finger
along my cheekbone and jawline and use it as a contour on my fair cool toned skin, then buff it out - it has no bronze, brown, orange, or red cast to it. Just a gray beige tone. It works as an eyeshadow too. I already bought a back-up for when it's inevitably discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The name is misleading -- if my cafe au lait looked like this, I'd send it back. The milk has gone bad!

It's a grey-toned taupe, without a hint of cafe anywhere. That was obvious as soon as I got it home (the drugstore lighting apparently made it look more neutral), but I kept it anyway because it's difficult to find a neutral taupe shadow that is matte, and nearly impossible to find a taupe that is more grey than brown. It looks lovely with black or navy liner, but looks terrible with brown or plum liners.

It has no lasting power unless you use it over a primer. I won't purchase again because it's just not for me.

on 7/21/2017 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Perfect for contouring - I’ve been searching for a contour/blush that isn’t too dark since I’m very fair and cool toned. Café au Lait is a cool matte taupe eye shadow. I saw this reviewed on YouTube for pale skin contouring. I don’t wear blush since I’m so ruddy already so I only want some definition to my cheeks. This shade really does create that shadow and doesn’t pull orange or red on me. This is an alternative to the NYX Taupe Blush and it’s actually less red than that one. It doesn’t look muddy on me and I’m so happy that I only paid $4 for this wonderful shadow.

on 2/14/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this matte taupey-brown eyeshadow when the new singles first came out- last spring/summer (2016). I use this as a crease color for a majority of my eye looks. I go for neutral/natural shadow combinations. This does last longer with a primer (I use WnW- works great). It goes on nicely and smoothly without fallout.

Many palettes do not come with a basic matte brown crease color and this fits the bill. You can also find this on sale, so it won't break the bank. I have almost finished my first and have already purchased a replacement.
It's not flashy, but it does the job for a reasonable price and this particular color is very easy to apply. Would recommend.